Leaf problems

DubyasDeeze

420 Member
Can anyone tell me if this is lock out, or calcium deficiency?
I pH’d my runoff. It’s at 7.2. I watered at 6.8 yesterday cause I wasn’t sure how acidic my soil was gonna be. It’s actually a bit alkalin, but I chalked that up to a natural upswing from the plant feeding. Anyways, I’m still getting more damaged leaves. HEEEELP!

Attachments

• 6AB10D97-A1E7-4620-9DD5-D879C012DA1A.jpeg
    6AB10D97-A1E7-4620-9DD5-D879C012DA1A.jpeg
    874.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 3351F692-18D5-4D1F-81ED-DFD9E0350A6D.jpeg
    3351F692-18D5-4D1F-81ED-DFD9E0350A6D.jpeg
    930.6 KB · Views: 30
what are you growing in and what are you using for feeding?

hungry as hell pk def for starters and pulling from leaves early .... autos ...?
looks like other stuffs as well. like pk asks .. give us the rundown.

Coco and perlite. And I was using fox farms tiger bloom, but recently switched to Beastie Bloomz, and I add some kelp syrup and black strap every 2nd feeding. PH at 6.5.

hungry as hell pk def for starters and pulling from leaves early .... autos ...?
looks like other stuffs as well. like pk asks .. give us the rundown.
No autos. They’re photoperiod. I feed them every watering. Was thinking calcium def. but the more I read, the more I think it’s not taking up Potassium.

I got 7 plants in flower, all the same genetics. The rest are in a greenhouse outside and look great. This girl is in a tent under LEDs. Same nutes and medium...

i feel like its Potassium deficiency. lets see what other will say.
Also, this thread is going to get moved once the admins find it. This is not a pest or disease problem

Hi @DubyasDeeze and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
coco is a soilless medium, therefore you can not run it as if it were soil with a pH way up in the 6's... for hydro grows you need to pH down to 5.5-6.1 and most like to settle in at the middle at 5.8pH. If you do this, and feed every day, your plants will be able to get the nutrients they need. I strongly suggest that you find one of the many threads on here explaining how to properly run a coco grow.

I also strongly suggest that you stop guessing which Fox Farm products to throw at this grow, and download a feeding chart, and use ALL of their products as recommended from here on out. Worm castings ain't gunna do a thing for you in a coco grow either, cept gum up the works. In soil they are great... in coco, there is nothing for their microbes to do.

Yeah so I’m not guessing. I read extensively about what to use. Also, I was told to pH coco at 6. So, it’s not guess work. I’ve spent too much money on my set up to guess. I stated above what I’m feeding my plants. That decision was made after hours of watching videos and reading on the topic. While I appreciate your sarcasm, maybe do be so pretentious to people seeking knowledge. ✌

Also, with the 1500 or so bucks I’ve spent on grow tents, lights, my green house, etc.. I don’t have a lot left to spend on a whole array of high dollar nutes. Call me old fashioned, but I try to find natural/cheap alternatives.. I’m in week 5 of flower... fox farms feed chart tells me to use Beastie Bloomz for 2-3 weeks before switching to chaching... I’m just following the chart you just told me to use.
While I knew coco wasnot the same as soil, I did not know the pH recommendations were the same as with hydro. Also, I only have 1 plant out of 7 that’s sick.
I do appreciate your input. Sorry to sound dickish.

Yeah so I’m not guessing. I read extensively about what to use. Also, I was told to pH coco at 6. So, it’s not guess work. I’ve spent too much money on my set up to guess. I stated above what I’m feeding my plants. That decision was made after hours of watching videos and reading on the topic. While I appreciate your sarcasm, maybe do be so pretentious to people seeking knowledge. ✌
Dude that lady helps A LOT of people on this site shes just blunt I wouldnt get worked up:Namaste:

Sorry to sound sarcastic, but that is my style... I do try to hold it back, but sometimes it just slips out. The reason I said that is I hear all the time people saying they saw this or that video, or this guy on this website says to do it this way... and then they end up here looking for help. It is actually very common for people to think because of these videos that they can get by with just Tigerbloom , and I apologize, because I assumed that you were one of these.
Please look up @Cultivator and look for his thread on how to run coco. The jewels contained within should show you the divergence between how it is supposed to be done, and how the YouTube Yahoo is doing it. Remember, you have been trying to follow the information that you have been extensively studying... and yet you are here.
There must be something basic going wrong. I have several suggestions that I could give you based on what we have learned about your grow to this point, but I really want you to read @Cultivator 's thoughts... I am a soil grower and really am not comfortable in coco.

So here is the deal. If you are following the Fox Farm Labs feeding instructions, and have been even doing the regular flushes to clear out unused nutes, then your plants shouldnt be lacking anything. If they are, it almost has to be pH... there are just not that many variables. I appreciate how much you have invested in this and how much you desire to make this work. Please let us help you dial this in. A couple of basic things need to be adjusted and then you will be golden.

Good luck! :peace::love:

@DubyasDeeze you gotta read between the lines. lol! her information is correct and until you don't get to know her she comes across strong. She means well :blunt: Also, she already has given the best advise, and if you want mine; i would get MegaCrop. You'll come across allot of journals here and growers using MC. one part dry nutri and forget about it :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom