Leaf twisting and lime green seedlings under Mars Hydro TS 1000

A they did? Twisting and curling like that? Good to hear it went away
Yes they did. In fact I started a Gorilla Glue, a Gorilla Girl & an Afghan Kush about 2 weeks ago & all 3 did this. Mostly on the single leaves & sometimes on the 2nd set of leaves. But always clears up by time I get the 3rd set.

Yes they did. In fact I started a Gorilla Glue, a Gorilla Girl & an Afghan Kush about 2 weeks ago & all 3 did this. Mostly on the single leaves & sometimes on the 2nd set of leaves. But always clears up by time I get the 3rd set.
Wow interesting. Do you grow them in soil? And if so do you give them extra calcium, magnesium or other nutrients at the start? And are they also more clear like mine, lime Green?

Sounds like a N or Mg deficiency starting. Your plant most likely needs more nutrients under the full spectrum light.
I'm using the TSW 2000 & my 1st sets of leaves did the same thing. By the time I got the 3 finger leaves it went away. Seems like my plants always do this on their 1st set of leaves. Probably because they are just starting out & not use to the light yet. It always went away though.
But it looks like they are over watered to me.
These strong lights make for a heavier feeding plant I think. I'm having to adjust my grow too. Also water spots on the leaves will make a mark when the light hits it like a magnifying glass. Welcome Ski.
Hey @Mr Kuklinski , welcome to our awesome community!

I'm not seeing any major issues with your plants right now.

If you are sure you are watering and feeding them properly, then great.

Those cups you are using have drainage holes in the bottom right?

You are in soil?

You are giving your seedlings about 5k to 7k of LUX right?

Even with organic, it's not a bad idea to track your pH and TDS - it just helps if there's an issue and you need to look back - and makes for a great double check.

If anything, you may want to increase the strength of your feed a bit.

Does the spot come off if you spray with just water?

Can we get a close up of it please?

Alright keep us posted on your progress and decisions.

PS: This site has everything you could ever want including sponsor discounts to high quality products, so make sure you head over to @George from The Vault 's links in my signature below - say hi and enter for your chance to win high quality seeds.
Hey there guys, finally arrived home. Opened the tent and made some pictures. They dont look that bad to be honest. I can clearly see good growth on all of them since this morning, especially the biggest plant. Some of the leaves still twisted though but perhaps this will go away. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_224219.jpg
    IMG_20200209_224219.jpg
    823.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200209_223451.jpg
    IMG_20200209_223451.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200209_222944.jpg
    IMG_20200209_222944.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20200209_222827.jpg
    IMG_20200209_222827.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200209_222807.jpg
    IMG_20200209_222807.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200209_222843.jpg
    IMG_20200209_222843.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200209_140922.jpg
    IMG_20200209_140922.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 56
From the pics it looks like your single leaves are twisted (the ones on bottom). The 2nd set of leaves look much better. And I'll bet once the 3rd set of leaves form they will look perfectly normal. Same thing I'm going through now & have every grow. No big deal to me any more but it worried me the 1st couple times it happened. Now if my 3rd set of leaves were twisted I'd know something isn't right & I would bet it would be too strong of nutes.

From the pics it looks like your single leaves are twisted (the ones on bottom). The 2nd set of leaves look much better. And I'll bet once the 3rd set of leaves form they will look perfectly normal. Same thing I'm going through now & have every grow. No big deal to me any more but it worried me the 1st couple times it happened. Now if my 3rd set of leaves were twisted I'd know something isn't right & I would bet it would be too strong of nutes.
Oké thanks a lot man, also think that the bottom leaves were harmed the most so hoping that it was just from me adjusting the hight of the light and the intensity of it, and that everything goes well from now on! I'll let you guys know! Thanks to everyone Who replied and feels amazing to be part of this community, so Many nice, helpfull People around! Much appreciated!! Btw i'm from Holland so my English is not perfect though neither is it really bad now is it haha!

Cheers guys

So let's start with the odvious

In Blurple... seriously, you can't tell anything, so to say "no issues there" well...who can tell

In natural light they look great..nice and green

Under the white light Mars board, yes they look a different color...it's the light....

Why natural light pics are always best for picture or asking for help

Your pics are a PERFECT reason why I preach this daily
Sounds like a N or Mg deficiency starting. Your plant most likely needs more nutrients under the full spectrum light.
I'm using the TSW 2000 & my 1st sets of leaves did the same thing. By the time I got the 3 finger leaves it went away. Seems like my plants always do this on their 1st set of leaves. Probably because they are just starting out & not use to the light yet. It always went away though.
But it looks like they are over watered to me.
These strong lights make for a heavier feeding plant I think. I'm having to adjust my grow too. Also water spots on the leaves will make a mark when the light hits it like a magnifying glass. Welcome Ski.
Hey @Mr Kuklinski , welcome to our awesome community!

I'm not seeing any major issues with your plants right now.

If you are sure you are watering and feeding them properly, then great.

Those cups you are using have drainage holes in the bottom right?

You are in soil?

You are giving your seedlings about 5k to 7k of LUX right?

Even with organic, it's not a bad idea to track your pH and TDS - it just helps if there's an issue and you need to look back - and makes for a great double check.

If anything, you may want to increase the strength of your feed a bit.

Does the spot come off if you spray with just water?

Can we get a close up of it please?

Alright keep us posted on your progress and decisions.

PS: This site has everything you could ever want including sponsor discounts to high quality products, so make sure you head over to @George from The Vault 's links in my signature below - say hi and enter for your chance to win high quality seeds.

Hi there guys! I started a grow journal, here's the link Mr Kuklinski's organic grow indica and cream mandarine under a Mars hydro ts 1000

Hello,
I am using QB boards from Mars, a pair of Ts-3000s.
Running at full intensity @ 12-18” away from the canopy.
I also had to increase the amount and frequency of cal mag once I introduced these lights FYI.
Cheers!

Hello,
I am using QB boards from Mars, a pair of Ts-3000s.
Running at full intensity @ 12-18” away from the canopy.
I also had to increase the amount and frequency of cal mag once I introduced these lights FYI.
Cheers!
Increased light intensity will always increase calcium demand.
High there! :ganjamon:
Alright, and what kind of symptoms did you notice before adding the cal mag? I'm growing in bio bizz all-mix, which contains a lot of nutrients already, for at least 6 weeks they told me in the growshop. Do i still need to add extra cal mag?

I started GG#4 from seeds from a 420 sponsor that will not be named.
Out of 5 seeds (that I only got one with chunky Indica buds) 2 had issues with stunting and one of those was a twisted mess with leaves that can only be described as "crisp" like lettuce.
I did clone it to see if it would continue and as soon as the clone started sending out leaves it happened again.
Based on my experience with my genetic mess I'd toss your plant and not grow it.
My twisted genetic mess had the smaller Sativa buds, did not form large colas and was really a waste of space. You know you have issues when a GG#4 grows into a 20-inch ball instead of a stretch monster that grows 6 foot tall.
In hindsight, I'm glad this 420 sponsor managed to be the only company's mail (out of close to 100 online purchases per year) to get "lost" recently when I foolishly tried to buy more seeds from them in the middle of the grow (before it became evident their seeds are crap).
I next tried a "NEW" 420 sponsor (got to support those 420 advertisers) and found out his GG#4 seeds don't germ and replacements are not available (too many people complained and they do not sell them anymore) Yet another company that I can't name because they bought ads here.
Never heard of Toronto Cannabis seeds (at least they don't buy ads here so I could share about issues) but their seeds arrived quickly and given the wide leaves I'm seeing theirs is Indica leaning. Their website is basic, their packaging is just a piece of cardboard and q-tips, but it got here, they are not trying to make money on shipping (none of this charging 4x's the actual cost of shipping) and it appears the genetics are good.
To tell you the truth this "no trashing sponsors" is getting to the point where no one can be spoken ill of, given how many different ads are being bought by so many different sellers. It has gotten to the point where one can assume that whatever company you've had problems with, have bought advertisements here, which has bought them anonymity on this site in regards to "lost" packages, poor genetics, crap Blurple lights, lousy germ and the other issues that consumers have with these online businesses that pop-up all the time.
We even have garbage Blurple lights with their usual claims of 1000watts for way under $100 ($69 seems to be the popular price point) being advertised here that we should be able to trash to keep newbies from buying, but NO! they bought an ad so we have to refrain from speaking ill of the sponsor's garbage lights.

I started GG#4 from seeds from a 420 sponsor that will not be named.
Out of 5 seeds (that I only got one with chunky Indica buds) 2 had issues with stunting and one of those was a twisted mess with leaves that can only be described as "crisp" like lettuce.
I did clone it to see if it would continue and as soon as the clone started sending out leaves it happened again.
Based on my experience with my genetic mess I'd toss your plant and not grow it.
My twisted genetic mess had the smaller Sativa buds, did not form large colas and was really a waste of space. You know you have issues when a GG#4 grows into a 20-inch ball instead of a stretch monster that grows 6 foot tall.
In hindsight, I'm glad this 420 sponsor managed to be the only company's mail (out of close to 100 online purchases per year) to get "lost" recently when I foolishly tried to buy more seeds from them in the middle of the grow (before it became evident their seeds are crap).
I next tried a "NEW" 420 sponsor (got to support those 420 advertisers) and found out his GG#4 seeds don't germ and replacements are not available (too many people complained and they do not sell them anymore) Yet another company that I can't name because they bought ads here.
Never heard of Toronto Cannabis seeds (at least they don't buy ads here so I could share about issues) but their seeds arrived quickly and given the wide leaves I'm seeing theirs is Indica leaning. Their website is basic, their packaging is just a piece of cardboard and q-tips, but it got here, they are not trying to make money on shipping (none of this charging 4x's the actual cost of shipping) and it appears the genetics are good.
To tell you the truth this "no trashing sponsors" is getting to the point where no one can be spoken ill of, given how many different ads are being bought by so many different sellers. It has gotten to the point where one can assume that whatever company you've had problems with, have bought advertisements here, which has bought them anonymity on this site in regards to "lost" packages, poor genetics, crap Blurple lights, lousy germ and the other issues that consumers have with these online businesses that pop-up all the time.
We even have garbage Blurple lights with their usual claims of 1000watts for way under $100 ($69 seems to be the popular price point) being advertised here that we should be able to trash to keep newbies from buying, but NO! they bought an ad so we have to refrain from speaking ill of the sponsor's garbage lights.
Hi there buddy!
Thanks for your reply. I think its important to always share the truth about bad products. We as community members have the right to give our opinion, right?

Anyways, my plants are already better now, i dont think its an issue with the genetics, but if i suspect bad genetics i will for sure dont waste my time on that!

Hi there buddy!
Thanks for your reply. I think its important to always share the truth about bad products. We as community members have the right to give our opinion, right?

Anyways, my plants are already better now, i dont think its an issue with the genetics, but if i suspect bad genetics i will for sure dont waste my time on that!
No, we are not allowed. Try to be honest about advertisers and you will be ganged up on. These garbage lights are a perfect example. We all know that these Blurples with these wild claims of 1000 watts are pure garbage but we can not trash specific light brands here because they advertise here. Everyone tiptoes around the brand and try to tell the newbie not to buy it without directly saying it. It's not right, it won't change, and I know I'm just venting :thumb:
Yes, if it has grown out of it, keep it.
I was hoping for a GG#4 that did not stretch when I did the clone; it started with the crispy leaves immediately so I pulled it. Right now I'm revegging the good one (it was a clone from the original good one) growing a clone from the revegging one and a single seed (out of 5) from Ontario Cannabis Seeds that is already obviously Indica like it should be.

Hi there guys! Already started a grow journal but since i got more responses here i thought its better to ask it here.

I've got some weird leaves, it seems to affect the new growth. I'm pretty sure its the same problem i had before, and yes, it came after increasing the intensity of the light. It also looks a bit like overwatering but i'm sure its not that because the first picture is 1 day after watering, 19 feb, and the next pictures are today, 21 feb. So the last watering was 18 feb.

Im suprised i still can't increase my light to 100%. After all its only a 150watt led light. In my opinión my plants should be able to handle that now.

Could this be a cal mag problem @Pennywise?

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_174459.jpg
    IMG_20200219_174459.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200221_111627.jpg
    IMG_20200221_111627.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200221_111619.jpg
    IMG_20200221_111619.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom