Leaf twisting and lime green seedlings under Mars Hydro TS 1000

Mr Kuklinski

Hello there ! Nice to see a community this big where people can exchange information and help each other.
i've started to grow some plants under my new mars hydro TS1000, and am experiencing some problems which i think are related
to this light.

Oke so i have been growing plants before, and am well known with how to water, transplanting etc.
Before the ts1000 i had a blurple (chinese) led, which worked pretty well actually, at least for vegging.
My plants under this blurple led always looked nice, beautiful color and perfect leaves.

However, since i've started growing with the TS1000, the plants dont look great in my opinion.
First of all, the color of the plants seems much lighter, yellowing or lime green kind of.
Also, the leaves are twisting, turning, and have some weird spots on them.
Its not because of watering, neither is it a nutrient problem in my opinion.

I've had the light at various heights, intensity levels (you can dim the light), and am still figuring it out.
In the beginning, had it at 15'' at 50 / 60%.
Currently the light is at 27'' and turned it all the way down to 25% at its strength.

Can anyone tell me if they've had similar problems with the Mars Hydro TS serie / quantum board leds?
Are the problems related to the intensity of the light (which i think they are)?

I've added some pictures. The first 3 are with the blurple led FROM A PREVIOUS GROW, as you can see no issues here.
Hope someone can help me / knows something about this!!

Kind regards ,

Mr Kuklinksi

Grow tent: 80x80x160cm
Mars Hydro TS1000 Quantum board LED, 150watt
Temperature between 22 and 27.
Humidity: between 50 and 70%
Plagron light mix for seedlings, the biggest plant was transplanted in a 11L pot with biobizz all mix.
Its all organic so i dont measure PH or anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_104800.jpg
    IMG_20180814_104800.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20180817_214859.jpg
    IMG_20180817_214859.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20180819_200403.jpg
    IMG_20180819_200403.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20200203_225511.jpg
    IMG_20200203_225511.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20200205_144543.jpg
    IMG_20200205_144543.jpg
    825.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20200208_181209.jpg
    IMG_20200208_181209.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20200209_114443.jpg
    IMG_20200209_114443.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20200209_140922.jpg
    IMG_20200209_140922.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20200209_140936.jpg
    IMG_20200209_140936.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 229
So let's start with the odvious

In Blurple... seriously, you can't tell anything, so to say "no issues there" well...who can tell

In natural light they look great..nice and green

Under the white light Mars board, yes they look a different color...it's the light....

Why natural light pics are always best for picture or asking for help

Your pics are a PERFECT reason why I preach this daily

I'm using the TSW 2000 & my 1st sets of leaves did the same thing. By the time I got the 3 finger leaves it went away. Seems like my plants always do this on their 1st set of leaves. Probably because they are just starting out & not use to the light yet. It always went away though.
But it looks like they are over watered to me.

I'm using the TSW 2000 & my 1st sets of leaves did the same thing. By the time I got the 3 finger leaves it went away. Seems like my plants always do this on their 1st set of leaves. Probably because they are just starting out & not use to the light yet. It always went away though.
But it looks like they are over watered to me.
A they did? Twisting and curling like that? Good to hear it went away

So let's start with the odvious

In Blurple... seriously, you can't tell anything, so to say "no issues there" well...who can tell

In natural light they look great..nice and green

Under the white light Mars board, yes they look a different color...it's the light....

Why natural light pics are always best for picture or asking for help

Your pics are a PERFECT reason why I preach this daily
As far as colors, yes its dificult to see problems, that's why i added the picture in the kitchen. Remember this was from a previous grow. But dont you see the difference in the leaves? Under the blurple they dont look twisted and seem to enjoy the light much more

There’s several things that can cause twisting. The lights going from blurple to full spectrum is my main suspect. It will increase demand for calcium and or magnesium.

There’s several things that can cause twisting. The lights going from blurple to full spectrum is my main suspect. It will increase demand for calcium and or magnesium.
Hi there thanks for your reply! the plants are under the Mars hydro from the beginning, the blurple is from a previous grow. The first 3 picture are from that previous grow. Do you think that seedlings already need these calmag nutrients?

Hello there ! Nice to see a community this big where people can exchange information and help each other.
i've started to grow some plants under my new mars hydro TS1000, and am experiencing some problems which i think are related
to this light.

Oke so i have been growing plants before, and am well known with how to water, transplanting etc.
Before the ts1000 i had a blurple (chinese) led, which worked pretty well actually, at least for vegging.
My plants under this blurple led always looked nice, beautiful color and perfect leaves.

However, since i've started growing with the TS1000, the plants dont look great in my opinion.
First of all, the color of the plants seems much lighter, yellowing or lime green kind of.
Also, the leaves are twisting, turning, and have some weird spots on them.
Its not because of watering, neither is it a nutrient problem in my opinion.

I've had the light at various heights, intensity levels (you can dim the light), and am still figuring it out.
In the beginning, had it at 15'' at 50 / 60%.
Currently the light is at 27'' and turned it all the way down to 25% at its strength.

Can anyone tell me if they've had similar problems with the Mars Hydro TS serie / quantum board leds?
Are the problems related to the intensity of the light (which i think they are)?

I've added some pictures. The first 3 are with the blurple led a while ago, as you can see no issues here.
Hope someone can help me / knows something about this!!

Kind regards ,

Mr Kuklinksi

Grow tent: 80x80x160cm
Mars Hydro TS1000 Quantum board LED, 150watt
Temperature between 22 and 27.
Humidity: between 50 and 70%
Plagron light mix for seedlings, the biggest plant was transplanted in a 11L pot with biobizz all mix.
Its all organic so i dont measure PH or anything.

Hey @Mr Kuklinski , welcome to our awesome community!

I'm not seeing any major issues with your plants right now.

If you are sure you are watering and feeding them properly, then great.

Those cups you are using have drainage holes in the bottom right?

You are in soil?

You are giving your seedlings about 5k to 7k of LUX right?

Even with organic, it's not a bad idea to track your pH and TDS - it just helps if there's an issue and you need to look back - and makes for a great double check.

If anything, you may want to increase the strength of your feed a bit.

Does the spot come off if you spray with just water?

Can we get a close up of it please?

Alright keep us posted on your progress and decisions.

PS: This site has everything you could ever want including sponsor discounts to high quality products, so make sure you head over to @George from The Vault 's links in my signature below - say hi and enter for your chance to win high quality seeds.

These strong lights make for a heavier feeding plant I think. I'm having to adjust my grow too. Also water spots on the leaves will make a mark when the light hits it like a magnifying glass. Welcome Ski.
Yes it could be, however placing them directly in the all-mix would burn them right? That's why i germinated them in the light mix. Aah yes it is True that there was some water on those leaves! This light is probably much stronger than i thought.

Hi there thanks for your reply! the plants are under the Mars hydro from the beginning, the blurple is from a previous grow. The first 3 picture are from that previous grow. Do you think that seedlings already need these calmag nutrients?
Pennywise is one of my mentors and I usually go with his advise. I don't see things he can and he's usually right. So yes.

Hey @Mr Kuklinski , welcome to our awesome community!

I'm not seeing any major issues with your plants right now.

If you are sure you are watering and feeding them properly, then great.

Those cups you are using have drainage holes in the bottom right?

You are in soil?

You are giving your seedlings about 5k to 7k of LUX right?

Even with organic, it's not a bad idea to track your pH and TDS - it just helps if there's an issue and you need to look back - and makes for a great double check.

If anything, you may want to increase the strength of your feed a bit.

Does the spot come off if you spray with just water?

Can we get a close up of it please?

Alright keep us posted on your progress and decisions.

PS: This site has everything you could ever want including sponsor discounts to high quality products, so make sure you head over to @George from The Vault 's links in my signature below - say hi and enter for your chance to win high quality seeds.
Hi there and Thank you very much! A pleasure to be here! Yes the plants are in soil and i made some drainage holes at the bottom. Yes they now receive 7200 lux, having the light working at 25% of its strength and hanging at 27". That's when the lux meter app on my Phone measured 7000 lux. So i probably gave the plants too much light before i guess. Thanks for your reply and i will make a close-up soon!!

Hi there and Thank you very much! A pleasure to be here! Yes the plants are in soil and i made some drainage holes at the bottom. Yes they now receive 7200 lux, having the light working at 25% of its strength and hanging at 27". That's when the lux meter app on my Phone measured 7000 lux. So i probably gave the plants too much light before i guess. Thanks for your reply and i will make a close-up soon!!

That's good news! We hope you stick around!

Are you even feeding them any additional nutrients, amendments, or teas?

Or or you relying on the nutrients/minerals already in the soil and the microorganisms to supply organics to the plant?

The close-up will help - and thanks for your patience - I know it can get get frustrating sometimes.

If you have the time, will you please skim this questionnaire and see if we missed anything:

support.jpg DrCC's How To Ask For Grow Support

They will need calcium and Magnesium from day one for healthy root system.
That's good news! We hope you stick around!

Are you even feeding them any additional nutrients, amendments, or teas?

Or or you relying on the nutrients/minerals already in the soil and the microorganisms to supply organics to the plant?

The close-up will help - and thanks for your patience - I know it can get get frustrating sometimes.

If you have the time, will you please skim this questionnaire and see if we missed anything:

support.jpg DrCC's How To Ask For Grow Support
Thanks a lot! I will stick around for sure! I'm not giving them anything yet, they are in light mix which contains some nutrients, i used to have my seedlings in special soil for seedlings / clones which doesnt contains any nutrients at all and is much more sandy, and even then they always had a nice deep green color untill i transplanted them. Thanks a lot guys for your replies and when i arrive home ill make a close-up of the plants!

Back
Top Bottom