LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

Looks fantastic GrnThmbs - good job!

My girlfriend and I believe we may have somehow gotten two different genetics because plant 1 has more of a green earthy smell than plant 2. And plant 2 has a very distinct, but subtle fruity pebbles smell. I also gave a couple of nugs a little squeeze and they are dense as hell and made my fingers super sticky to have barely touched the buds.

Sounds like it will be some grade A :thumb::goodjob:

I'm expecting to receive my loupe today for the trich photos. I'm excited to get a better idea of just where my girls are at in their growth processes and a better idea about how close to harvest I am .

oo soo exciting, how many days are they now btw?

and also, goodmorning GrnThmbs!

oo soo exciting, how many days are they now btw?

and also, goodmorning GrnThmbs!

Good morning to you as well! And if I recall correctly they're around day 38 or 39 but I'll check whenever I get home and confirm that. Ill probably wait and just do that with a full update and pictures and everything whenever I get my package

So I'm actually on day 41 if I consider the start of the flowering period on the day they sexed (9/27). If I should start counting at the first pistil development on the bud sites I was probably more accurate on my first guess. I'm still not 100% clear on when "flowering" starts. I originally thought it was upon the switch of the lights but I now know that's not necessarily true

From your pictures that looks a lot like day 54 to me. Are you watching for trichromatic changes? They are about to start happening in mass. Plants look beautiful to me.

I'm expecting my loupe to arrive today for that exact reason. They definitely aren't far from harvest at all!

Grandpa, would that put me at day 24 of flowering rather than day 14? I never really understood this concept would like to hear more
I always thought with photos you counted when the plant started producing budsites/pistils

Grandpa, would that put me at day 24 of flowering rather than day 14? I never really understood this concept would like to hear more
I always thought with photos you counted when the plant started producing budsites/pistils

I honestly think it's just a personal preference..as long as there is clarification for your followers, and yourself more importantly, then it doesn't matter too terribly much. Especially if you're keeping an eye on the trichs and development..but I also don't have the greatest concept of a "rule" to go by lol

Make your mouth water just looking at em. LOL

Yes it does! I seriously can not wait for them do be done

I’ve heard that many times and it just confuses the heck out of me. So, what I do is count from flip and when it gets closer to “the manufacturers recommended expiration date” I start looking at trichomes daily—all over the plant—until it gets to my desired development; which is mostly cloudy with a hint of amber. If you have a pheno that you keep and grow a lot then you get to know it’s characteristics.

Now, that’s what I do. That may not be the most scientific, but it’s simple and easy. It also works.

My loupe arrived..it's pretty damn shitty or either I just don't know how to work it. My unstable hands didn't help the picture quality either but here's the few half way decent ones I got. I can't remember which plant is which but I do know both girls had a little bit of amber on just about every main cola so I'm thinking I should start flushing soon and harvest in the next week..?
420-magazine-mobile64832739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1329084403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1159129947.jpg
420-magazine-mobile274151919.jpg
420-magazine-mobile754639146.jpg
420-magazine-mobile494174023.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21886113.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2131285926.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1479164453.jpg

Let me know what you guys think and advice on when to harvest . I've decided when I do harvest I'm going to chop the main branches and hang them upside down in the closet they're growing in now with the fan on low to circulate the air. I'm also gonna keep the door closed more just to try and keep it a little warmer in there than the house. Humidity shouldn't be an issue, it's gotten to 60% at the highest pretty much the entire grow.

This is a newb question but are the jar meter things, can't think of what they're called, absolutely necessary or can I get away with curing without it? I'll find a way to get them here in time if need be lol

Any advice on harvesting, drying, and curing is all welcome and encouraged .

I'd say start flushing now - I see mainly cloudy/clear they're definitely pretty close

and yeah, the hygrometers are actually really cheap man - definitely get them, no sense in taking a risk with months of your precious time and work

I'd say start flushing now - I see mainly cloudy/clear they're definitely pretty close

and yeah, the hygrometers are actually really cheap man - definitely get them, no sense in taking a risk with months of your precious time and work

How often should I flush and for how long?

Back
Top Bottom