LED light

festus59

420 Member
I have a 2'6"x 3'-6" x 8'-0 flower room. looking for suggestion on LED Lights. Mid range pricing. Not cheap,not most expensive out there. Do I need one or two lights?

Please try our Sponsors.

They are all reputable manufacturers, and it's thanks to them that 420 Magazine exisits as a free resource for all.

Specifically, both GROWant and Mars Hydro are mid-range and very popular.

If youre handy there are quite a few options that will give you world class lighting and save hundreds in the process. I would look at Quantum Boards and/or a cob LED kit. If you arent too handy you can buy them preassembled, for a fee. Regardless, that style of light is what i would look at if i where you. I wouldnt ever bother with a colored light from Amazon. Not that colored lights cant be good... the good ones get spendy.

You would just need one light fixture to cover that area

I have that same size space and I use a @TimberGrowLights 200W Citizen COB. Works fantastic and also a sponsor. I have yet to see a thread here titled "I wish I bought cheaper lights"...:cool:
I have two Black Dogs. I could write that thread. Seriously, i love my lights, but they were $2000 and i saved $700 on a good guy deal. I imagine i could find something comparable for less

I have two Black Dogs. I could write that thread. Seriously, i love my lights, but they were $2000 and i saved $700 on a good guy deal. I imagine i could find something comparable for less
Yikes...I didn't even realize they could be that pricey...I paid mid-$300 and they have kits that save you even more. I'm thinking of getting a small QB from them to compare the difference to COB.

And, seriously, maybe you should write that thread. I am sure many others like me are interested in your opinion.

Yikes...I didn't even realize they could be that pricey...I paid mid-$300 and they have kits that save you even more. I'm thinking of getting a small QB from them to compare the difference to COB.

And, seriously, maybe you should write that thread. I am sure many others like me are interested in your opinion.

When i bought my lights the 1000 watt Black Dog was $3000. These arent the typical Amazon light. And dont get me wrong, i love them. They are very powerful, and grow beautiful plants. Last season i did 27oz of good bud with two plants. They are just very expensive, which is why you never see them

When i bought my lights the 1000 watt Black Dog was $3000. These arent the typical Amazon light. And dont get me wrong, i love them. They are very powerful, and grow beautiful plants. Last season i did 27oz of good bud with two plants. They are just very expensive, which is why you never see them
Understood...just saw them on the Zon...4x fans looks like they put out some heat (and noise).

Diy quantum boards and cobs are easily upgradeable for any changes in the future. If one component of the light fails, you don't need to replace the whole thing. They are reasonably priced and are run on white light engines.

Yah same with me i got a 72in tall by 30x30 grow tent with 2 600w led full spectrum lights in them this is my first grow it seams like the plants are doing good i do check my tent at night bc it can get up to 80 85degress bc i run it where i turn it of at 10am and back on at 5 but i grabed some certain strains pf seeds of seedsman.com used one of those little plack plack green house grow boxes where thier was 24 spots to plant seeds so i figured id fill every spot with a seed and didnt exspect all of them to grow but now i got about 25 to 30 plants im gonna have to figure out all the space ima need to have them all grow right its just when i planted them i think i got a little bit over my head bc i had 2 strawberry cough and 2 pineapple kush plants started about a week b4 i planted the 24 seeds and they all shot up at same time but i got a 3 storry house im shure ill figure it out any tips to keep ir plants smaller but still get between 4 to 6 oz.s of each bc with that many plants i gotta kinda focus on keeping them smaller but bushier

Damn Train , thats a butt load , i am not that experienced in inside grow but sounds like you need to start a Sea of Green and alot of training to keep them low and wide . I like the MarsPro II 8ooW not a bad price for what your getting . The way the weather has been this year outside has been a PIA thinking about bringing it inside just not sure if i want to go there right now though!

Yah i no it was my first grow and i ordered all feminized seeds from seedsman.com i did exspect all the seeds to come up but now that they did i gotta try to come up with space in my house to make shure i have the room for all the plants bc i got a 72in tall by30x30 grow tent i got a attic that will fit like 6 plants and a clothet thats like 7feet long by like 3 feet wide and a small like toddler room i can u i kinda just got way over my head lol i didnt exspect all the seeds to come up right away like they did i thought only 75% of them would grow but i had a 98% but thier all in my grow tent intill they get to big and i gotta move them i got 2 600w led full spectrum grow lights i ordered another 700w and a 1000w led full spectrum lights with the fans on top but i got a question is it weird out of all my plants one its growing fantastic like its gonna be more busher then others but is it weird that the one is doing so much better then the others thier all under the same lighting cycle all being grown the same way dont get me wrong thier all doing good but one of them is just thriving so much better yah i did us like 6 diffrent strains of tree but i used atleast 3 seeds of each strain i just thought that was a lil od like my 2 strawberry cough plants were planted a week befor all my other ones and this certain plant might out grow them for some reason is that kind od to here

I think a couple of quantum boards from @TimberGrowLights would do great in that space. I got a killer deal from Dan over there and I have never seen my plants this happy. In fact I will likely add two more 288's when the ($) time comes. I hope to never run a single CFL again.

My 2¢

If you want to go the DIY route:

10x Samsung H inFlux L04 as two lamps on two Meanwell HLG 150h -24A drivers.
This will get you 640 LM301b diodes spread out evenly across your canopy :cool:

Part number @ Digi-key.com: SL-B8V2N80LAWW

Strips + drivers = $265

And then you need some heatsink or aluminium U-channel, and something to hold it together
(L-channel or rods)
Check out prices locally, I pay around $80 for 6m 30x20x2mm U-channel cut into 10 pieces, probably cheaper in the US.

And some small bits:

15' 18 AWG solid wire
8x 3-slot Wago connectors
2x AC connectors (or 4x 2-slot wagos)
Nuts and bolts, or thermal tape
AC plug
~ $20

I have a 400w hps light and hood and the thing that looks like a amp i got it set up in my 24x24x48 grow tent i hered of ppl putting them as close as 18in away i got mine 28inches away and only turned it to 3/4 the power so its basicall running at 300w hps bc thats the highes i can turn it up bc if i turn it to 100% i put my hand over top of plants and i can fill a really hot sensation on my hand the 3/4th run pritty hot but i put my hand over plants at 3/4th running wattage and i can fill a little heat but im comfused ppl iv here on youtube and google.com they put 600w hps lights 18 to 24 inches away well when i turn my hps light completly up i put hand over top of plant and i can fill a lot or heat on the top of my hand so thats y im runnen it at 26 to 28in away is that good for my plants im gonna run that for 8 ouwers and when i go to sleep im gonna turn it down bc i dont wanna fry my plants when thier doing so good so just a tip is that corect how im doing it i had all plants under led 600w for first 2 weeks till i ran outa space so i had to us my 24x24x48 tent bc ebay screwed my size up i wanted a 32x32x60 grow tent and i got that 24x24x48 tent and all my led lights are 600w and higher so the hps light works perfect in my grow tent i leave the door on tent open all night long and run a fan so it reachs light to cool it down through out the night bc i hered hps dones get really hot u need to cool them down i leave 2 windows open in my grow room to for fresh co2 so am i doing this corectly or can u give me a idea wats the best to do for ur plants

If you're trying to break the record for the longest English language sentence, lol, you're a bit short, as it's currently the final sentence in Jonathan Coe's The Rotter's Club - which, at 13,955 words, occupies the last 33 pages in the book.

On the other hand, your period key has failed on your keyboard, post which OS you run and someone could probably explain how you can set another key to mimic the period key. (I can attempt to assist if that OS is linux.)

I don't see very well these days, and one of the things that help me read through a post are sentence breaks. So I might have missed some of the content, but it appears that you're wondering how people manage to operate intense lighting at reasonable heights. Assuming that's the case... fans. You'll want to get one pretty soon, because if you keep your 400-watt HPS at 28" above the canopy, you'll most likely have some pretty lanky plants as a result.

Back
Top Bottom