Legalized Or Not, L.A. Lawmakers Will Go After Pot

The world is a screwed up mess and life is as good as you make it.

Look at any freeway in any major city during rush hour. You see men (and women) trying to just get home after a day of indentured slavery. Once they get home their spouse bitches at them for being stuck home all day, not being appreciated, kids doing the wrong thing or whatever. A person needs to check out from the pressures of daily life one way or another. Some folks pray, many folks drink and some folks take a puff. They forget about their problems if only momentarily and some have great sex. The next day they get back into their cars and head back to work. Once the weekend comes they have leaves to rake up, repairs on the house, and maybe some activities with the children. Once or twice a year they head off to some remote location to forget about their dismal lives. I guess I call it medicine in that way. If I have a toothache or backache MJ seems to make me dwell on it more.

^^^
Exactly.

If the person that chooses to use tylenol for back pain, or has a beer to relax after work, does not need to get a Doctors note...Why should we?

:peacetwo:
I've got 'medical' weed to trim. lets hope on Tuesday it will just be legal weed, with no special paperwork needed. -Except a few rolling papers of course.

:tokin:

CanbisMaxmus You really sound conflicted. So what side are you in the civil war?

Neither. My sole point is that states are sovereign and governed within themselves. Federal Gov't should only be involved in state of the union and interstate issues. The only reason I mention the civil war is for the fact that the federal gov't was forcing states to follow its laws. The war was about refusing the federal gov't, not about the poor unfortunate slaves. In that same sense, cannabis is our "slavery" as far as issue goes. It is the federal gov't telling the states what they can or cannot do within their own boundaries, whether or not the people have voted for it.

If you want a strong Central Government that has influence on states, counties and cities, then vote Democrat. If you want a weaker Central Government vote republican. Both are dogs, just a different set of fleas. Neither care about the people. They only care about getting re-elected and feathering their own nest. Love it or leave it, that is all we got.

If my only choices were to love it or leave it, I'd be gone. Fortunately this is still America and I noticed on my ballot, there ARE more choices than the two headed corporation that the fed has become. Voting alternatively is not a wasted vote, even if the person does not get elected, my voice was still heard. And if enough people did the same, there could one day be a big surprise in the polls, and then parties would actually have to listen to the people and WORK for the vote, not just appear to be the lesser of two evils in order to win.

To get Elected you need lots of TV and Radio Airplay. That cost Tons of money. Then you have to travel to all the cities, towns and hamlets that cover the country and press the flesh. You need about half a billion dollars to successfully run for president and then there is no guarantee you are going to get it. Running for US Senate is not that high, but it is still damn high. Running for Governor is high too. So how does one fund an expensive election? Special Interest has to fund it. Unions, Coalitions, Lobbies, Churches and with those contributions they own you. You are their puppet on a string and you better live up to your promises if you want to see a second term.
Who funded Obama?
Who funded McCain?
Who Funds Pelosi?

All that information is available in the web.
Do you see any Marijuana money make it to any of those people?

My guess is that if Marijuana Money made it to Obama he would have refused it. Just a guess.

Well what does everyone think???? Will it pass or not?

Even though I am voting no... I honestly believe it will pass. I feel sorry for those who will reap the shitstorm that will come when it does. As it is going to get real nasty before it gets any better. Alot of people will be martars and pawns in this... the last stand.

I wish everyone the best regardless of which side of the fence you are on.

My gut feeling is that it will pass. But who knows.... we'll find out shortly. Definitely going to be a shit storm if passes, no doubt about that. Good luck for sure. :goodluck:

You completely affirmed my point of the two headed corporate beast with it's pawns on either party platter. Obummer is twice the puppet Bush was, just more eloquent. He's been bought and paid for a long time back. The reason elections are so expensive are exactly for the reason of discouraging any competition. The current parties are so deeply embedded in corruption and greed, it is near impossible to clean them up, but it has to be done in order for either party to have any real credibility. Both of the major parties are ruled by the Builderberg group who are the people responsible for wanting to create the new world order. This group owns several other governments as well and is seeking to destroy America. Combining Canada, America, an Mexico into the NAU North American Union, eliminating borders. We can prevent all that from happening by standing up for state sovereignty, and not letting our federal gov't sell us out. As far as I'm concerned this is an issue that is about more than cannabis.

Who funded Obama?
Who funded McCain?
Who Funds Pelosi?

All that information is available in the web.
Do you see any Marijuana money make it to any of those people?

My guess is that if Marijuana Money made it to Obama he would have refused it. Just a guess.

My guess is that you choose to believe what they tell you. I used to, but I can only be lied to so many times before I say bullsh*t.

As far as I'm concerned this is an issue that is about more than cannabis.

Yes!! That is the key point I have been trying to get at here. Our government has been taking massive steps towards taking away our freedoms and giving more government control over our lives. Behind all of these issues lies the real problem: too much government, and a government that has no regard for state laws, nor its people. Under the guise of protecting our children from dangerous drugs, or saving the planet, they continue to work towards more control.

Lawyers battle in issues of state law and federal law Every Day (well, during court hours of course). You have legal professionals take something as simple as the US constitution and play around with it like it is a toy. The government battles for ways to tax and control us all and people with limited legal resources try to challenge these infringements to our rights. Miranda rights were only brought out in the 60s. That is not that long ago if you ask me.
The people are the majority over the government and the will of the people does succeed in constitutional matters, but it never simple. People in power struggle to keep the votes and the revenue coming in like it is their life's blood.

To get Elected you need lots of TV and Radio Airplay. That cost Tons of money.
we will see how that plays out in Cali...not looking good for the candidate with all the cash right now.

Yes!! That is the key point I have been trying to get at here. Our government has been taking massive steps towards taking away our freedoms and giving more government control over our lives. Behind all of these issues lies the real problem: too much government, and a government that has no regard for state laws, nor its people. Under the guise of protecting our children from dangerous drugs, or saving the planet, they continue to work towards more control.

National speed limit, helmet laws, seat belt laws, gun control laws..........uh,yea!

National speed limit, helmet laws, seat belt laws, gun control laws..........uh,yea!
Seat belts, insured bank deposits, child endangerment laws......

:thumb:
If it weren't for that danged oppressive government always butting in, my kids wouldn't have to go to school with those evil white skinned kids!

Back
Top Bottom