Let's get growing

All of the Kush Cookies seeds has not done anything. I took them and cracked them between my teeth. Hopefully there will be life tomorrow or the day after. Apart from them there is 1x BB and 1 X GSC still left. But tbh my space is running out so of they don't make it........ Still wouldn't mind for 1or 2 Kush Cookies.

On the good part we have life . 2 x Pineapple Chunk and 1 x BB is up and alive and some more on the way cause i can see the soil level rising.

IMG_20200904_195420.jpgIMG_20200904_195425.jpg

So today is another not such a nice day. But atleast it still allows me to do a few things before it gets cold...

IMG_20200905_111535.jpg

So I grabbed a coco coir block, a container and 20L of hot water. I covered it with a black bag to keep the heat in. I will flush it later after it all expanded.
IMG_20200905_111558.jpgIMG_20200905_111454.jpgIMG_20200905_111524.jpg

I pulled out the 2nd stage pots in which I will transplant to soon so see what sex the plant are before i transplant to their final pots. Some of them still has Chinese Elm cuttings in which i will transplant today. I will wash out all the pots and sterilize before using again. Last season one plant caught a fungus at final weeks of flowering. Lesson learned

IMG_20200905_111629.jpg

I will also be adding my own EWC that ive been farming now for 2 years. I believe ive build up a good compost to add to my soil mix and AACT. Like i mentioned in my introduction section i live quite close to the mountain area. So i will be heading up to the mountains to a spot where I found 3 pinetrees that fell down and started decomposing. I will get a bucket or 2 and collect some of that and it will be going into the soil mix and AACT.
IMG_20200905_111717.jpgIMG_20200905_111757.jpg

And thats it for now. I will post some pics tomorrow of the mountain trip and howbmy area looks. Tomorrow will be a sunny day according to the weather which will be great. The seedlings thats up and about needs to get into the sun. The light they are under just isn't enough for vegging.

Screenshot_20200905_123819_com.huawei.android.totemweather.jpg

So today is another not such a nice day. But atleast it still allows me to do a few things before it gets cold...

IMG_20200905_111535.jpg

So I grabbed a coco coir block, a container and 20L of hot water. I covered it with a black bag to keep the heat in. I will flush it later after it all expanded.
IMG_20200905_111558.jpgIMG_20200905_111454.jpgIMG_20200905_111524.jpg

I pulled out the 2nd stage pots in which I will transplant to soon so see what sex the plant are before i transplant to their final pots. Some of them still has Chinese Elm cuttings in which i will transplant today. I will wash out all the pots and sterilize before using again. Last season one plant caught a fungus at final weeks of flowering. Lesson learned

IMG_20200905_111629.jpg

I will also be adding my own EWC that ive been farming now for 2 years. I believe ive build up a good compost to add to my soil mix and AACT. Like i mentioned in my introduction section i live quite close to the mountain area. So i will be heading up to the mountains to a spot where I found 3 pinetrees that fell down and started decomposing. I will get a bucket or 2 and collect some of that and it will be going into the soil mix and AACT.
IMG_20200905_111717.jpgIMG_20200905_111757.jpg

And thats it for now. I will post some pics tomorrow of the mountain trip and howbmy area looks. Tomorrow will be a sunny day according to the weather which will be great. The seedlings thats up and about needs to get into the sun. The light they are under just isn't enough for vegging.

Screenshot_20200905_123819_com.huawei.android.totemweather.jpg
I like how you keep things local Hein! Keep those microbes diverse and happy man!

Yeah man. Local is good. If i dont need to buy it and nature gives it to me for free, then im gonna take it for sure. And its so much more fun making your own stuff.

Flowering is a different story though. For that I buy store nutrients. I use Bio-Bloom. I'll still add my banana peel brew and ground up banana peels burried under the mulch.

Here in Canada we had a hell of a start to spring, cold wet and snow flurries right up until the middle of May.

ha,, this struck me a but funny,, not diggin at ya friend,, but,, the statement is just a tiny bit of a generalization,, ha, indeed

the second biggest country on the whole planet lets not forget,, and in some parts of this country folks semi rarely even see snow,, then others,, not even so far away see a hundred feet a year

our spring in kelowna,, could not have been more different than your experience this year,, which i send sympathies and karma for to you.

near no wet till june

then lots,,

then none,,

what's next??

:volcano-smiley:

heya s. africa,, cheers to ya friend

pineapple chunk is a popular topic round here with a few folks,, including me,, i have a nice one,, smallish but very sugary, indeed

Look at those happy plants. Are you using fem seeds ? I can not remember.

No the most of them are regulars except for the Chocolate Bubble Berry. My budget did not allow me to order fem beans this time around.

heya s. africa,, cheers to ya friend

pineapple chunk is a popular topic round here with a few folks,, including me,, i have a nice one,, smallish but very sugary, indeed

Hey man. Thanx for the dropping in. Im looking forward to this strain.

this struck me a but funny,, not diggin at ya friend,, but,, the statement is just a tiny bit of a generalization,, ha, indeed
Semantics, you're one of them are you nivek. I will remember that for next time.
Some people don't know our country, and maybe they took the time to look at my grow in my signature.
Also if they wanted more specifics about the specific area they would've asked.
I was generalizing about my location, not yours.
:thumb:

So today I finished stage 2 of the grow. Repotted all the kids and got the news that tomorrow is 80% chance of rain... So that makes it really shitty for me cause i need tonfind a spot for them and i only have 1 germination light.

Hopefully the rains isnt to bad cause I still need to head up to the mountains to fetch some topsoil from that fallen pine trees. And maybe some weeds to add to the tea brewer for that extra diversity of bacteria. I have NOT started my compost heap yet but I have cleaned out the area where I will be growing and i have quite a few greens now.

They will be spending their time in those pots until they have sexed. If I'm correct that's at the 7th or 8th node.

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_085655.jpg
    IMG_20200912_085655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Soooo I did not get a chance to get to the mountains due to the weather being really crappy. Its still on the cloudy side but from next week it seems to become warmer....

I did however tranplant 18 seedlings to bigger homes where they will sex and then their fate will be decided. In one of the Chocolate Bubble Berry pots a bean plant has germinated. I really cant remember planting one but its possible that one fell into the soil mix....
The Temps is a low 62 F but its due to the cold. I don't have a extra heater so they need to be strong till the weekend.

IMG_20200915_194955.jpg
IMG_20200915_195032.jpg
IMG_20200915_195039.jpg
IMG_20200915_195012.jpg

Apart from that nothing else happend. Oh wait, i got my grow tent out and moved the seedlings to there. All 18 pots fit good and the light now covers them all,......in a way. I also decided to germinate one of my breeds I did a few years back. It was regular Bkue Kush Berry seeds and i did 1 pollination run. Got a good amount of seeds from her....
IMG_20200913_063506.jpg

Question:

I am still very young in the Organic game. The word organic gets thrown around quite a bit and it has become a sales pitch in my opinion. So when i say organic i want to be able to say that i grow true organic (tru-ganic... ). So i want to venture more into the companion planting a bit.

Would it be a good idea to plant 1 bean seed into each pot of the females once the plants has sexed??? I have been growing beans for a few seasons now to plant around the garden and to use for compost. I have planted some beans already and some ill be harvesting soon enough. I read that beans is a good companion plant so is it advisable...???

I read that beans is a good companion plant so is it advisable...???
Great Idea!!
I have never done the companion crop/ cover crop yet, but plan on it next year. Legumes and clover are very good for taking nitrogen out of the air and adding back to the soil. so win win.

I was looking into some crimson clover for next year.

I am sure some other will come by and give their suggestions.

:rollit::headbanger:

What a nice and sunny day it was.. It was such a nice day that i decided to leave the Xbox and head up into the mountains. Well not INTO but more or less in......

IMG_20200919_142457.jpg

I gathered topsoil and broken down pine tree from 2 fallen trees that I found while exploring and searching. Did not find as much mycillium as i was looking for but thats ok.

IMG_20200919_142532.jpgIMG_20200919_142551.jpg

IMG_20200919_143114.jpg

After getting some soil i headed home and got everything together for the mixing . I have made a mix consisting of:

1 part perlite
1 part coco coir
1 part EWC
I added some of the mountain soil and cut up pieces of dried up banana peels. I also went the hydro store and picked up Mycoroot and Rock Phosphate

IMG_20200919_151138.jpg
IMG_20200919_151150.jpgIMG_20200919_151153.jpg

I mixed it all together and the mixture feels airy and light. There is space left on top so that i can mulch with some compost and EWC mix after i transplanted to final pots.

IMG_20200919_153347.jpgIMG_20200919_153354.jpg

So thats it for now. The seedlings is still doing their thing and will be while before transplanting. Tomorrow i will finish the mixing for the rest of the pots. Then ill cover it with black bag to keep those fucking cats out .

From a beautiful sunny day to a cloudy wet day.... I like the rain but hey its season time and I want to get growing

IMG_20200920_125615.jpg

So to keep myself busy I started bubbling up a 10L bucket of water. I will add compost and ewc to that with added mycoroot to feed the young ones before i start feeding heavier. But first the water needs to bubble out all that chlorine. They have chucked in alot again and i can smell it as i open the tap.

The air pump is nothing wow, its just a marina 200 aquarium pump. Im saving up for a decent air compressor to bubble out a 200L container for AACT.

IMG_20200920_125310.jpg

IMG_20200920_125244.jpg

I will be using a product called Seagro later on. Its a fish emulsion and smells like rotten ass but the plants love it. I will add that to the AACT and also use for feeding. It's also good for foliar feeding but once its airborne the flies just flock in. I need to get some more venus fly traps to puts outside to feed them.

From time to time ill add other stuff, like mountain soil, coconut water, kelp, yarrow and other herbs to keep things alive and guessing (in a good way)

This is the Sesgro im using..

images.jpeg
So all my tasks in almost done. The soil mixing needs to wait due to weather conditions. The compost i bought I still on the wet side and very heavy and clumpy. I will be spreading it out to dry a bit before breaking up all those clumps.

Is there any good homemade recipes for foliar feeding. Im still doing some research but feel like asking. The stuff i have available now is compost and ewc.

I did some reading and came across an article from Royal Queen Seeds about companion planting. Its a good read and if practised correctly im sure it will help a lot and save some money.

In case anyone is interested heres the link :

List Of Companion Plants For Quality Cannabis - RQS - Royal Queen Seeds

The cool part is its tells you all you need to know about the plant and what it can do...

So thats it for now, im off to play some Xbox and smoke some homegrown Red Cherry Berry.

Back
Top Bottom