Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expenses?

Re: Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expens

Go for it.

Grow as much as you can and sell it for as much as the buyer will pay.

Thousands of small time of dope dealers operate exactly this way.

The cops can't arrest all of you.

You might even get rich.

Anyway, if it doesn't work out, you can learn a lot in jail.

Re: Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expens

All in all, I have to agree with the above post. I mean there is nothing wrong with growing as much as you can and donating to cover your expenses and what not to survive and/or thrive from you production within in the laws. And if you go outside the laws and get caught you better hope you have yourself covered because in this time it is no fun and completely unfair.

It erks me to see all these big drug companies pushing their drugs onto us while making HUGE profits. I was listening to an NPR program and they were talking about an acne wash that went for around $75. They added some moist towelettes to be included with the acne wash as a set and the package was now going for around $400. I think I am even being conservative with the $400, I think it was more. Anyway, makes my stomach churn. You know that only cost a few dollars.

What is wrong with a quality med mj grower donating their extra meds to dispensaries?! Nothing, imho. I don't think it's so greedy. Greedy is when your gouging for profits. I would love to be able to garden quality medical marijuana for patients as a living. Alot of people don't want to grow their own so that's where these private growers come in as long as it is high quality meds they offer.

It just really irritates me to know that big pharma is going to try to corner the market on Cannabis as well and do you think it will be cheap?! I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. I prefer to not have there meds anyway. I want my own natural home grown or bought from someone that I trust.

Anyhow, I would think one could do it. You have to have consistently high quality meds. Maybe work on getting a growers license. Or maybe donating to several places. Drop off samples and keep trying. A lot of dispensaries are very careful and go by the book as they should about donations. Get to know them and see how that goes. I am no expert but have looked into it a little so forgive me if I'm outta place here with info. Just be careful eveyone!! We need to push the limit for what we believe in but use caution always.

Please correct me if I am wrong on anything. I am here to learn as well and there are some very wise members here to learn from...
:Namaste:

This is long, but I need to say it... I know you saw my own thread about this. It's so very easy to get carried away in this, growing seems almost addictive! What are you willing to risk for this? Is selling extra plants worth your job or house? How about your freedom, your life? Word spreads about 50 plants, making you an easy target for armed thugs. Do you have enough money to hire a lawyer for all the years it would take to get through the court process? Is any of this worth the lives of you loved ones, friends and family? Even the ones not living with you will have their emotions and finances drained from helping you.

When I was confused and over with plants, I decided none of this is worth endangering my friends and family. Me, who cares, but it's not just about me in this case... There's a dispensary I whole whole-heartedly support, so I loaded up 20-25 plants and made a surprise visit. The owner's face was priceless... :whoa: The place I chose to donate my plants to made enough money to move the collective downstairs and open up a better professional showroom. It's great for me as no one has to haul me up those stairs with each visit. :))

There are thousands of genuine medical users out there that can't afford medications, prescription or MJ. There are also dispensaries and collectives that are struggling to make it, the ones that have low prices and take the time and effort to help people. Many of these places supply free or low cost MJ to those in need. Donate to them, knowing your plants and buds are helping others and not filling anyone's pockets! Pay ahead for someday when you might need help.

Now, if you're still reading, I have a few comments about the whole 10 pounds needed per person. I'm a bit confused as to if you live with the guys you grow for or with your kids. It's a big difference in risk and choices to make!! I recognize most people posting here, so you all know the hunt for pain relief. One ounce of buds made me 6 500mg capsules of BHO. One capsule helps my breakthrough pain for 12 hours, but only while using my daily Fentanyl patches. Without those patches, it takes 2 pills every 8 hours. That's 1 ounce a day, 2 pounds per month, 24 pounds a year!! I wish I knew why so few medications help me. Now, your friends smoke 10 pounds every 3-4 months, which is about 3 pounds each per month, 1.5 ounces a day. That's 45 grams a day. I can believe this amount of MJ is used a day in the form of BHO or edibles from BHO, but never in a smoke-able form. Is everyone sick? Anyone dying? You all are breaking the law if all 5 of you don't have cards!If you guys all have a falling out, your the one who has the plants and will pay the consequences.

The lack of state guidelines and licenses to grow or sell give both sides of the law too much room for abuse. Like another person said, there is no law or license to get for distributing MJ in any form. The clone delivery man is as much at risk as a guy selling or giving 2 clones to a buddy. It's not worth it to me to sell any form of MJ. Is selling worth the consequences to you? These were my own questions I asked myself, so I hope they will help you figure out your problems.

growing with LASERS, FRICKEN LASERS, no one came when I said that,,, no comments???

Only that it takes some serious optics to diffuse an ultra-thin beam of coherent light out far enough to usefully cover a plant. Also power levels to push a laser to the output required to provide useful illumination that would tax your power setup and distribution network - unless you've got a cold-fusion reactor in your basement - and smoke (pun intended) consumer-level laser equipment. However, if you've got a few extra gigawatts' worth of power supply and one of your roommates is the supplier for the newest bleeding-edge military defense contract then... in a best-case scenario... I predict...

Hermies.

Now I could, of course, be WAAAAAAY off-track here. But the laser angle just sort of combines with the other posts to create an overall aspect of unreality.

<SHRUGS> Which is not saying that it couldn't happen to be true. But just in case it isn't, well... My GF comes up with stuff like this constantly (schizophrenic and manic bipolar) and like they always say, "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst," because It Doesn't End Well.

Either way, I wish you - and your loved ones - luck. :thumb:

Everything I have ever read about lasers used to grow plants concerns 100ths or even 1000ths of a second bursts and then only works... sorta... for the veg cycle, used in research at some Universities, mostly 1970's - 1990's . It delays the plant from going into flowering/ ripening adding to veg growth. Has to be monochrome, specific wavelengths and diffused. Thats a lot of different lasers all set to different specific wavelengths.

Since indoor growers already have this option, delaying when you go to 12/12 will do the exact same thing.

I think the OP of this topic, with his "50 plants 50 pounds idea", is full of shit. No way you'll get that much from an indoor grow, EVER.

And if someone does, I want to see photos!

This is a really thought provoking thread for me and Im sure I will go off the rails a bit here, so forgive me. I am a Noob, so feel free to point that out should you deem it necessary. That being said, I also recall DeWild1 using the term "legally sell" his overstock. I wonder if those of us not straddled with those debts aren't a bit quick to judge the inquiries of those who are. The truth is that there are many profiteers in this movement and clearly the MM bride we are trying to wed should not be wearing white. I know that the perception of greed is a major concern in destroying the fragile grip we have on this quasi legal moment. However, I dont want to live in fear that somehow a simple inquiry is viewed as a threat that we will be prematurely judged by ignorant bureaucrats that have the power to pull the plug on this small victory. For the record I am not asking for a gift, I am demanding that "our" government get out of "our" way. I dont think that Dewild1's question is dangerous or offensive at all, it is strictly economics. I am more fearful of the larger problem that as with many emerging social models, there are certain parties in the MM movement that are honing the ancient skill of posturing. I am more concerned of the dangers of taxation than anything else. I have read of Phillip Morris and RJR Reynolds (U.S. tobacco Goliath's) buying large swaths of land in anticipation of legalization, cultivation and distribution of cannabis on behalf of their shareholders. Can you imagine our government entrusting these corporations with the control of what will then be deemed a substance, based strictly on their intact business model to provide a proper tax base ? Dear god it makes me ill, yet do I protest this or simply choose to view it as further support that aides in meeting the end goal ? I believe that ideals are a good and noble thing but they are flexible and should be drawn in dirt more often than carved in stone and I think we would all be wise to remember that we humans know very little about ourselves. I honestly dont believe the quintessential drug dealer would waste his time on 420 forums looking to further his business endeavor and I dont want to react that way just because its possible that it could happen. My (noob)opinion, is that perhaps we could investigate all possibilities that we can collectively conceive that fit within the true spirit of the movement and offer any viable ideas to DeWild1 and leave the piety to those with less conviction. I wish you all the best, sorry for the rant and any offense to all.

i would love to see this!

:lot-o-toke:

This is a really thought provoking thread for me and Im sure I will go off the rails a bit here, so forgive me. I am a Noob, so feel free to point that out should you deem it necessary. That being said, I also recall DeWild1 using the term "legally sell" his overstock. I wonder if those of us not straddled with those debts aren't a bit quick to judge the inquiries of those who are. The truth is that there are many profiteers in this movement and clearly the MM bride we are trying to wed should not be wearing white. I know that the perception of greed is a major concern in destroying the fragile grip we have on this quasi legal moment. However, I dont want to live in fear that somehow a simple inquiry is viewed as a threat that we will be prematurely judged by ignorant bureaucrats that have the power to pull the plug on this small victory. For the record I am not asking for a gift, I am demanding that "our" government get out of "our" way. I dont think that Dewild1's question is dangerous or offensive at all, it is strictly economics. I am more fearful of the larger problem that as with many emerging social models, there are certain parties in the MM movement that are honing the ancient skill of posturing. I am more concerned of the dangers of taxation than anything else. I have read of Phillip Morris and RJR Reynolds (U.S. tobacco Goliath's) buying large swaths of land in anticipation of legalization, cultivation and distribution of cannabis on behalf of their shareholders. Can you imagine our government entrusting these corporations with the control of what will then be deemed a substance, based strictly on their intact business model to provide a proper tax base ? Dear god it makes me ill, yet do I protest this or simply choose to view it as further support that aides in meeting the end goal ? I believe that ideals are a good and noble thing but they are flexible and should be drawn in dirt more often than carved in stone and I think we would all be wise to remember that we humans know very little about ourselves. I honestly dont believe the quintessential drug dealer would waste his time on 420 forums looking to further his business endeavor and I dont want to react that way just because its possible that it could happen. My (noob)opinion, is that perhaps we could investigate all possibilities that we can collectively conceive that fit within the true spirit of the movement and offer any viable ideas to DeWild1 and leave the piety to those with less conviction. I wish you all the best, sorry for the rant and any offense to all.

I could not have said it better myself as putting thoughts to words has always been a struggle of mine. I have two questions Are you female and when can we meet.

50 lbs with 2,800 watts of light, that is over 8 grams per watt--lasers or no "fricken" lasers, I say it's impossible. Also the amount of space required for that much biomass is huge, so unless your hidden attic grow space is over 3,000 sqft you are full of BS. A pound per square meter is about the max you can expect indoors, regardless of whatever method and "top secret" nutrients you use.

50 lbs with 2,800 watts of light, that is over 8 grams per watt--lasers or no "fricken" lasers, I say it's impossible. Also the amount of space required for that much biomass is huge, so unless your hidden attic grow space is over 3,000 sqft you are full of BS. A pound per square meter is about the max you can expect indoors, regardless of whatever method and "top secret" nutrients you use.

dude he's also using 187 600w leds he got a deal on that produces 2.5 x what a HID put's out. :thumb:

dude he's also using 187 600w leds he got a deal on that produces 2.5 x what a HID put's out. :thumb:

To fit 187 600watt leds would surely take up a substantial amount of space....To say the least...I don't know what you have seen personally or what knowledge of led's you may have, but I personally haven't really seen anything that significant with leds to make them prove that it puts out 2.5x what any hid or hps, etc. put out...If you think it is possibly, or know where you may find ANY link to see it and it's truths, please send me a link and prove to the masses what you are suggesting.. I just don't see it..No hard feelings man, just hard to believe....:thumb:

To fit 187 600watt leds would surely take up a substantial amount of space....To say the least...I don't know what you have seen personally or what knowledge of led's you may have, but I personally haven't really seen anything that significant with leds to make them prove that it puts out 2.5x what any hid or hps, etc. put out...If you think it is possibly, or know where you may find ANY link to see it and it's truths, please send me a link and prove to the masses what you are suggesting.. I just don't see it..No hard feelings man, just hard to believe....:thumb:

LOL, it was sarcasm, an inside joke. And yes there is a LED maker claiming 600w led = 1400w hid. To which I say "BS".

And where in this did you see he was using 187 600 watt led lights?? I went back through and couldn't find it...

And where in this did you see he was using 187 600 watt led lights?? I went back through and couldn't find it...

That would be the rough estimate of coverage are for 600w leds required for 3000 sq feet which is the estimate of space needed per stevehmans post above.

OK, I was on the back end of an inside joke! I get it...I was hoping you didn't really believe this...

OK, I was on the back end of an inside joke! I get it...I was hoping you didn't really believe this...

No man, it's totally doable. I think he should go for it.

I haven't laughed so hard in all my life.

The thread title peeked my curiosity and I have read the thread in it's entirety.

This is all, as an old college of mine would describe as "hypothetical conjecture".

My advice to the OP is to develop and patent your technology. You'll make a fortune. Let us worry about producing too much MJ. Hell, franchise it.

As a matter of fact I believe you have a duty to mother earth to do it. You could save the planet. Perhaps even pick up a Noble Award while you're at it

I'm sure that before this hit the market some big-wigs at the power corps would buy the technology and bury it thereby preserving future profits. You know just as the big oil companies own all the carburetor and injection technology that delivers 400 mpg.

I apologize...seriously if this works, for gods sake go to Amsterdam and revolutionize our lighting systems.

Wow, this post piqued my outrage factor then blew my mind!

Dewild1 my brother from another plane, while I applaud your dedication and desire to run with the Big Dogs prepare to get bit.
Where do I start with my questions. Think for a quick minute. I know times are tough financially and MMJ looks to be a clear winner financially, from outside the grow room. But the main question on my mind is how you will explain to the cops, DA, Federal Prosecutors, a jury, or simply the cable guy, or meter reader, how you are allowed 50 plants in one home to supply 4 "adults" and an 18yr old boy who reside there.
I myself have been Busted held without bail, with NO usable Marijuana or plants in Flower! This just because the cops were amped up by some bullshit my ex wife was selling them in order to obtain custody of my 4 children. You truly never know what tomorrow brings.
To say you will never be robbed is a fallacy unless you hire Pinkertons round the clock to protect you and your precious plants. People get killed everyday in home invasions and B&E's where no Medical Marijuana is involved. Growing Marijuana is a responsibility with huge costs and expenses. Now multiply that with bail, attorney fees, court cost, search and seizure laws and you will need all of that 50lbs just to eat.
Stop the foolishness and put down whatever your smoking dewild1 cause you're headed for the State Penitentiary or Federal Prison depending on who wants to kick you the hardest.
It does not matter what is said here because you will not pay heed to the advice of real friends who have been on the road awhile and are familiar with the troubles.
You claim you have protection including cameras alluding to a firearm. Well if they catch you with that while growing add a few more years on to your sentence.
I know folks who grow collectively and have yet to meet the person who can Cultivate and Manufacture 50lbs of dried, cured, quality meds in 90 days inside. This can be done outside in a field with full sun exposure over 6 months but again you will have the same issues facing you down. Be sane and rid yourself of this headache, RUN, don't walk out of that set up. I wish you luck in the future and hope you will heed some advice and grow quality not quantity. I am sure if you head down to Juarez and points south there will be land you can buy to grow your dream crop but for now grow 5 or 6 plants and see what happens. You have already spilled, on the net, where, and under what conditions, this alleged 50lbs will be. There are bad people in the world who would kill you for the change in your pocket let alone a chance at grabbing a quick 50lbs.

Back
Top Bottom