Limited Space & Resources - Zombie Ninja's PC Grow Box Experiment Journal!

i have grown in 50% worm castings with no ill effect, chicken dump is wicked if not properly composted i have yard birds and make it for the outdoor garden scared to use it on cannabis in pots, but hell i have coreys poop so no need to think about it,
oh hi ninja btw! lol i'll hang about if you are cool with it, i do lots of organic stuff so i should be of some use, ,start a poop collection!! and compost it or make some frothy tea, with tea you can dilute it to be very weak and gradually increase the strength as they gain tolerance and need, start a worm bin ,get some red wigglers from cheesebay 2-3$ feed them table scraps,paper,cardboard,poo. worm poop is the best poop imho and start surffn the intranetts for organic gardening tips n tricks you'd be surprised what can be made into awesome fertilizer, if your a vegan you can just dump on your plants yourself lol but please no pics of a fresh brown trout in the ol pc grow box lol <-----joking :rofl: i love micro growing i have a spare case i was thinking of making a grow box with just for fun, maybe grow basil in it lol my mom has the exact same pc you have i laughed when i saw it thats cool ok im outtie 4 now

LOL, this is the most entertaining comment on this thread :rofl: I'm definitely not a vegan, so you're not gonna have to suffer through that one lol. I like this guy.:welcome: Welcome BID!!! Your grows are fantastic, and I feel honored to have you along for the ride. You guys all give me hope that I can make this work. One thing you all will find out about me, is I am a VERY resourceful guy... I have always been able to build something from nothing... God given talent I suppose. LOL.... I hope I don't come across as arrogant there, lol,because I am FARRR from it. I am a regular guy and to have the support of y'all is amazing to me. I am grateful, and I won't forget it.

Today's update:

The three plants I gave my buddy are the three plants in the middle row of the bottom picture. This leaves me with 4 plants, two that have sawdust mix (the one in the black pot, and the one in the clay-colored pot), and two that do not (the one in the blue solo cup and the one remaining plant in the small planter thing).

The only plant that has showed showed any kind of adverse reaction to the sawdust mix is the one in the clay colored pot. I noticed when I woke up yesterday morning that the bottom two leaves ( the first two true leaves) were slightly yellow on the edges. You can barely see it in the pic I took yesterday morning. It was also the only one of the plants that seemed to struggle after the transplant to the sawdust soil. The leaves had been slightly curled under since the transplant. None of the others showed these effects, so I most likely attribute it to the ratio not being quite right in that particular pot as I mixed them all separately by hand.

As a curiosity, I decided to test the runoff water after I watered that particular plant. Not sure how accurate the reading would be, but I was curious as to what I would find. I was even MORE curious by what I DID find:

Nitrate: went up from 0 to between 40-80.
Nitrite: went up from 0, to between 0 and .5
Total hardness: went up from 0 to around 50.
Total Alkalinity: went up from 0 to about 40.
pH: went DOWN from 6.8 to around 5.5!

Being that it was late, I didn't post this data last night. I googled how to naturally raise pH, and the most common result I came across was wood ash. The ratio called for 1/2 lb. of wood ash per square foot of soil for a pH that was around 5.5. I did the math and decided that about 3.5g of ash would suffice, to be on the safe side and not risk over-kill. Now, since this is the only plant showing ill effects, it was the only plant I treated... I did not transplant the plant again (for fear of further damage), so I simply sprinkled the ash on the top, mixed it in with about the top inch and a half of soil, cut the two bottom dying leaves, and gave it a lil water. I checked it when I got up at 2:30 this afternoon and the entire plant was green again and the leaves standing up well for he first time since the transplant. :)

I was also wandering around in the building looking through some stuff and realized we still have some fertilizer from the summer garden, an 10-10-10 mix. I decided to mix 1/2 tablespoon of it with my plant water in a separate cup. I fed it to the two smallest other plants, one that has sawdust and one that does not. I didn't give the largest plant anything but my regular water, it's also in the regular yard dirt-MG soil. So we'll see how it goes.

The single female that's the healthiest is going to get this box to herself. I have plans for the rest of them as well. But we're gonna see if we can get a plant to flower in this box. :) peace

Okay so I was looking at the lights that I bought for the new setup I'm building, and I realized they were the 6500k bulbs instead of the 2700k bulbs currently in my box... the 6500's are the better spectrum for vegging, right? Or is it better to give the plants both the entire time ?

With these being started 12/12 from seed, I'm not vegging them... I swapped out one of the 2700k bulbs in the box and replaced it with the 6500 bulb. So now I'm running two 2700k bulbs and 1 6500k bulb. Was this a good idea? Should I remove it and leave all 2700k bulbs since I'm trying to get them to flower?

Thanks guys, I will be swapping one of the other 2700k bulbs out for the 6500 tonight while the lights are off, the plants are doing pretty good, the one plant is still struggling a little bit but continues to put on new growth so I'm not that worried.

I also had to tie the largest plant that's in the solo cup down because it's growing so quick, I'll probably post another picture update tomorrow since I haven't done one in a few days.

I really wish they would hurry up and show me what they are so I can pick the best female and replant it into something with a little more room!!

Patience, grasshoppah. :Namaste:

hopefully they are indica dominate strains cuz sativas will outgrow your space real quick during the 2-3 weeks of stretch after going 12/12
thats why its recommended you use clones for micro grows, they are as old and mature as the mother they came from, so they dont generally stretch the way seedlings do, theres a certain amount of maturing/growing up that has to happen before a seedling will show sex, dont know how much of this you already know but i thought it was worth mentioning, with a clone you grow them till they are about 1/2 to 2/3ds the size of the finished plant you want, but crazy things can happen when you start from seed based on what kind of strain you have, i have a strain i have been growing and breeding for a few years, i call it trailor trash, i can go 12/12 from seed and it will hit 3-4 foot tall before it stops stretching! i have seen it grow by 400% what it was at the start of flower, but thats not typical even for most sativas, not trying to scare you just let you know whats possible so you can plan accordingly :thumb:

hopefully they are indica dominate strains cuz sativas will outgrow your space real quick during the 2-3 weeks of stretch after going 12/12
thats why its recommended you use clones for micro grows, they are as old and mature as the mother they came from, so they dont generally stretch the way seedlings do, theres a certain amount of maturing/growing up that has to happen before a seedling will show sex, dont know how much of this you already know but i thought it was worth mentioning, with a clone you grow them till they are about 1/2 to 2/3ds the size of the finished plant you want, but crazy things can happen when you start from seed based on what kind of strain you have, i have a strain i have been growing and breeding for a few years, i call it trailor trash, i can go 12/12 from seed and it will hit 3-4 foot tall before it stops stretching! i have seen it grow by 400% what it was at the start of flower, but thats not typical even for most sativas, not trying to scare you just let you know whats possible so you can plan accordingly :thumb:

Yeah I've most definitely thought about this, and I've got a plan that I hope I can get to work on this weekend to give the plants a little more room. As it is, I realize I am gonna run out of room... I'm gonna lst the plant as much as possible and remove fan leaves where I can to try to keep it under control. They are all in fairly small pots now, so that's helping keep em fairly small I think.

I got my coco and perilite (woohoo), so I'm gonna start building my DWC setup this weekend...

you know, ive been thinking.....this whole stalled growth thing we defoliators get.. im wondering what would happen if we didnt defoliate during veg, then plucked the leaves off 2 or 3 a day during those 2 weeks. wonder if that routine could end flip stretch forever? ;)

I know every strain is different, but generally speaking, around how many days will it take to see the first signs of sex, growing 12/12 from seed?

lmao i am on my 4th grow now and im still asking myself that very same thing....never seen a male before so i dont really pay attention...now i want to know badly so i know what im yanking out

I'm actually working with just about the same area cfls and all in a computer desk where the tower would go I'm only gonna have 1 plant though gonna keep it low and wide probably gonna scrog it down or tie it down to get a nice even layer of branches I don't really get all the fimming techniques and thing like that and I don't really wanna test them on the only plant I have I'm gonna keep it in vegetative stage for about a month then switching it to 12/12 then my soil is a mix of my own containing compost, top soil, wood ash, crushed coal, small pebbels and some sand if anybody has any suggestions or thoughts of things I probably did wrong let me know

Back
Top Bottom