Little plant seems not healthy - What should I do?

chazao

Hello fellow growers :Namaste:

I'm now starting my second grow and I notice that one of my little plants are showing strange signals after 1-2 weeks.
I could notice that some parts of the leaves got a brighter kind of plastic look, rolling on itself on that regions, aswell some brown dots around other parts. The pics show both of them, the ill and the healthy to make comparations

Obs: I got the seeds from the compressed weed that is available to me, I cannot get seeds from other source.
Obs2: I got more than 100 seeds with me right now, some bigger or darker than other but I do not know if it is possible to identify something just seeing them. I don't have a clue about it's strains or genetics

So the question is: Should I keep this one? Should I discard it and start another one?
BONUS QUESTION: Is there a way to better chose what seed to plant just by the look of it, like by it's color or size?

d3c048d1309a46dfbdbde84c34ade20a.png

afe1676e63c046b3bfcc5ca6ac1bf563.png

ba4a8284add946c081aaf33f95d2d425.png

:thanks:

I've been trying to diagnose something like this too. There is another user here who is also having similar difficulties. Did your brown spot start as a darker and slightly shiny spot? I will sub to this thread to make sure we get to the bottom of this together :)

Did you by chance drip or splash nutrients on it?

How much are you watering it?

It looks pretty healthy, I wouldn't give up on it.

Little plant not seems healthy - What should I do?

Looks very healthy to me. The brown spots come and go. Probably genetics.
Don't worry about it. But I would move that plant to a deeper pot and bury the stem up to the 3rd node. Looking a little lanky. Burying it will encourage new root growth and better water/nutrient uptake. Though it will stall your growth for a week.

Keep in mind those are the secondary leaves. When the mature leaves start the spotting will probably go away.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like physical damage to me, not any deficiency. Especially since the newest leaves look mostly fine, just a little curl.

They do look a little lanky and ready for repotting. Lankiness is often due to poor lighting, either too weak or wrong spectrum, causing plant to stretch to reach better light. Also could also be genetics of unknown strain.

Pics are good, but more detail on growing conditions would help a lot.

They look healthy, just super stretched. How far is the light from them; and what kind of light?

Ya. The non equal division of the new shoots looks like a male trait. Been so long since I saw a Male plant. Lol.

If you want to sex a seed look online. The bottom where the seed joins the pod looks like a volcano on female seeds.

If you want to sex a seed look online. The bottom where the seed joins the pod looks like a volcano on female seeds.

Have you tested that theory out? If there was a way to just look at them the Seed companies would call them all "feminized" seeds and charge you more for them. Guess I will try one of each sometime and see what I get if I have any like that.

Ya. I've been checking like that for like 20 years. And feminized seeds aren't the same as female seeds. Feminized seeds are made using colloidal silver. Sure they're both female but only one was feminized.
Sry. I thought the volcano thing was common knowledge.
420-magazine-mobile1846047455.jpg

The plant to me looks healthy, Are you using Armor Kote, or Rino Skin. What's concerning is the skinny stock at the bottom. I would replant up to the cotyledons and put a fan on them. It looks like their just stretching to much. Bring the light closer and fim or top to stop the stretch before you run out of room. Do you not have access to clones or feminized seeds? Dealing with the male plant is not worth the hassle. They are a big waste of time, money, and resources.

I've just recently stumbled across this theory. To be honest I couldn't find much info on it. That's a great share. I'll definitely have to pay attention the next time I drop some beans.

Bring glasses. The volcano is very small.
Maybe it's my eyes though.

Ya. I've been checking like that for like 20 years. And feminized seeds aren't the same as female seeds. Feminized seeds are made using colloidal silver. Sure they're both female but only one was feminized.
Sry. I thought the volcano thing was common knowledge.
420-magazine-mobile1846047455.jpg

No I meant how many times have you tried growing the ones you pull out and how often they were actually males of "rejects". Everything I have read says "can't tell sex by a seed, same as you can't always tell if it is a viable seed based on appearance all of the time".

Little plant not seems healthy - What should I do?

The plant to me looks healthy, Are you using Armor Kote, or Rino Skin. What's concerning is the skinny stock at the bottom. I would replant up to the cotyledons and put a fan on them. It looks like their just stretching to much. Bring the light closer and fim or top to stop the stretch before you run out of room.

Or before the Giant comes down from that beanstalk. Last thing u want is giants in your garden. Lol.

No I meant how many times have you tried growing the ones you pull out and how often they were actually males of "rejects". Everything I have read says "can't tell sex by a seed, same as you can't always tell if it is a viable seed based on appearance all of the time".

I got that info from 420 Magazine. Ever heard of it? Lol.

Bring glasses. The volcano is very small.
Maybe it's my eyes though.

I thought I had great eyes until I was looking at that picture. I would say #2 is the only one not female. #4 looks like it would be. I think it's cool none the less. Definitely worth learning more of.

Kidding. I only make feminized seeds using the Colloidal silver method or I get feminized ones from a seed bank. Been years since I've even seen a male seed.

Back
Top Bottom