Livelong's First Indoor

I've had the same issue in my garden, and it spreads quickly so act fast if you have a PH problem.

In my soil grow i've had too low of PH, so I've been feeding/watering with a PH solution of between 7 and 7.5 and then I measure the run off from the bottom of the pots. I try to keep it between 6 and 7 but ultimately I'd like low 6's.

I am not increasing the frequency of watering the plants.

I think next time i will go with a PH closer to 7 to water and see what sort of run off that gives me.

Still trying to find that perfect sweet spot. This PH testing has now become a regular part of my watering/feeding routine.

I'm trying to make mine more acidic (from 8-6.8) 6.8 is something Irie suggested for me. If you look at his plants, they are what you want your plants to look liike.

So to adjust that, would that be the lime? Anybody have any comments about the growth rate? Its frustrating to have a small bush when I'd rather have a large one, feel me?

i feel you. this excerpt was taken from the grow room FAQ's:

Lowering soil pH: (to make it more acidic)
If your soil needs to be more acidic, sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, leaf mold and especially peat moss, will lower the soil pH.

by MisterIto
bloodmeal/cottonseed meal during vegetative; bonemeal during flowering.

Lowering hydroponic pH: (to make it more acidic)

In hydroponics: use nitric acid during vegetative; phosphoric acid during flowering.

Contributed by: Spiritual.Fa

Stabilizing pH with Dolomite lime

The best way to stable PH is by adding 1 ounce of Dolomite Lime per 1 gallon of planting soil.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks for that music. It sucks that I don't have any of that stuff. Thank you everybody else for all of your guidance! I'm pondering whether or not to chop Obie and root him out again if adjusting pH doesn't work. I burned the root because I planted it upside-down. One of many reasons that it's a runt. All of my lights should be good enough to veg shouldn't it?

I actually think you should lower the PH, I run low up to mid 6's as the get older, then flowering is mid to upper 6's and try to finish with about 6.8... Don't ask me why, i read it somewhere and has worked thus far. Just remember the fix is not going to show overnight, so don't keep changing everything unless it shows signs of getting worse, then you better go another route..:ganjamon: I wish I could help but have not a clue as to what is going on with it.. Be patient and don't give up on it... :peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom