Livelong's First Indoor

livelong420

Hello all! Welcome to my journal. This is my first grow.

I found one seed in a bad of kb. It felt like it was around 70% sativa, but I can't say for sure, or what strain.

It has been in veg for over 2 weeks indoors. I know I should've been keeping track, sorry for that! It's in a dixie cup (I cut holes in the bottom for drainage) with no roots showing.

The plant is about 3 1/2" tall. I water her every other day. Cheap wally soil. I added little bits of fox farms grow big at a time, now up to full strength as recommended on the bottle.

I've got the plant under (3) 26w CFLs(2 daylight, 1 warm white) and 1 13w or 17w "grow light." Lights are at 18/6, temp, humidity unknown. I'm at a high altitude (dunno how much that matters).

I will get pics soon! (it is really green)
Suggestions welcome!

Move it up to your next size container... Get some fish emulsion, for veg nutes.. and good luck on you virgin indoor grow... Oh yeah, welcome to 420.... :peace: Another one in Co. Nice!!!:ganjamon:

I will move it up! I'm strapped for cash, so the fish emulsion will have to wait for now unfortunately. Thank you!

Alrighty! It's out of the dixie cup and into a larger container. I just cut it with scissors and slipped it out slowly. I saw some roots that were pretty long that used to be right up against the cup, thanks Irie!

It was going pretty well until it was almost in, then it flopped in and became lopsided. I did the best I could to make it go upright.

I don't know why, but the larger leaves are rotating from the leaf's origin. Anybody know why that would happen? The leaves are very green. I'll try to look it up, while hovering over my journal! Thanks again.

The larger pot dwarfs it! Here are some, hopefully informative, pictures of the twisting / curling that's going on. What's up with it?
DSCN2060.JPG
DSCN2061.JPG
DSCN2062.JPG

Quick update: no change. After reading numerous troubleshooting guides, I've found that it might be that the ph is too low. That's just a theory though. I don't have any way to tell right now.

So many possibilities right now. My nutes are mixed with some bought distilled water, so it shouldn't be a problem (unless they bottled from the tap). I guess we'll see eh?

Are you at full stregth GB? If you are then cut it back, the distilled should be @ 7. Maybe cut back to half and see what happens. What soil are you using? if it is time released you may want to cut back more. You have some issues in your garden that you need to address and get under control, otherwise you are going to have a battle on your hands.. :peace:

did the leaves twist in just one day?
I guess it could be transplant shock though I've never seen it do that exactly. Ph is a good assumtion, as that could keep some of the nutes from being available. I wouldnt give any nutes at all for a while as the fresh soil ought to handle the lil ladies needs, and get some ph test strips (3-5 bucks) to check your water. Good luck

Ok, here's the skinny the potting soil. It has fast release and slow release lol. It has a PH adjuster with peat, peat moss and perlite. NPK is .10, .08 and .06.

The leaves were twisted already before transplant. Still don't see any discoloration.

The 2nd set of leaves have now grown quite a bit, and there are new leaves coming thanks to the transplant! Soil is still wet from first watering after transplant, so I'm gonna see how that goes. Thanks Irie and flyfishinrock! Gonna head to the garden store in a bit!
DSCN2081.JPG

DSCN2083.JPG

It's not getting much taller, but its growing new leaves like nobody's business. I watered it last night. Still haven't had a chance to go to the garden center. The bottom leaf is still twisted and now dwarfed by the upper leaves.

I just added 2 more daylight CFLs to the array. I haven't found any decently priced ph strips yet, and I'm also looking for hydroton clay balls.

I trimmed off that first leaf that curled to almost 360. All of the other leaves look great. The node developing just above the original (the 2nd?) is really healthy and larger than the 1st node.

leaves look much better. she might be adjusting to the soil ph or the water ph. if you dont have a meter try to keep the ratio same and trust be irie. I think the same thing. most tap water this time of year is high. I am not a soil guy but I would try a pool store or something to get that water tested for ph. I think in soil you want to be between 6 and 8 with 7 being ideal. nice pot she wont get root bound four a while!:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom