Obliviconsent's bagseed CFL grow-2009

obliviconsent

This is my very first growing thread. I'm about 2 weeks into flower, but I figure, what the hell It'll just be like a fast fowarded grow thread.
I started with six seeds. Five broke ground but one didn't make it so I have four confirmed females.

What strain is it? Plain ole' bag seed.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Approx. two weeks.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? Cheap Wally world soil.
If soil... What size pot? In 8 gal. trash cans.
Size of light? CFL 26w.
Is it aircooled? Small fan.
Any Pests ? No.
How often are you watering? Every three or four days.
Type and strength of ferts used? M/G rose food. I know, I know but it's my first grow. The girls are still alive though.

Bucket Size - 8 gal.
Medium - Wally world soil
Lights - (13) 26w CFL's
Nutrients - M/G rose food.
# of Plants: Four
Yield : TBD

Girls2.JPG

Girls_5_.JPG

Girls_15_.JPG

Girls_25_.JPG

girls_35_.JPG

girls_45_.JPG

girls_65_.JPG

This is "Amelia"

Amelia.JPG

Amelia_5_.JPG

Amelia_15_.JPG

Amelia_25_.JPG

Amelia_35_.JPG

Amelia_45_.JPG

amelia_55_.JPG

amelia_65_.JPG

amelia_75_.JPG

amelia_85_.JPG

This is "Leslie"

Leslie.JPG

Leslie_5_.JPG

Leslie_15_.JPG

Leslie_25_.JPG

Leslie_35_.JPG

Leslie_45_.JPG

Leslie_55_.JPG

leslie_65_.JPG

leslie_75_.JPG

leslie_85_.JPG

I BLESS YOU WITH MY HUNDREDTH POST AND WISH YOU GOOD LUCK

a couple tips: with cfl's you lose the amount of usable light, the further you are away from it, it drops dramatically after about 3 inches. a light reading device will show you with a meter how dramatic that is, if you can get them nice and close WITHOUT BURNING, about 2 inches your using as much as it can give "from that side" good job with the reflectors, and maybe you could put some reflective surface up

also great job with the 8gal tubes LOTS OF ROOT ROOM,

couple questions:
what are the lumen / kalven ratings of your lights?,
how long do you plan on vegging?,
whats your temp/humidity?,
do you plan on topping,?

Obliviconsent,
They make a 300 watt output CFL light that only uses 76 watts. They cost about $15 and you can get them at Home Depot and Lowes. I am using 2 of them right now and the plants really seem to like them.

Thanks for the info Linkorien. I will move the light closer. I'm planning on painting my closet white after the girls are harvested. Not too sure of the K rating? I think it's around 3500K each. I topped all of them once, since there in flower I'm just going to see how they do from here on out.

Thanks to you as well Joe Coffee. I go to the home depot for my lighting too. I must be overlooking those lights. That sounds better than what I'm using.

what you look for in lighting is lumen, the more lumens a bulb gives off the more usable light is emitted from the bulb.

kalven is the spectrum of that usable light, 2700K being in the red spectrum and 6500k being in the blue spectrum.
some people think its good to have a mix of these kalven, wile favoring one over the other during different cycles, i.e. six blue and three red during veg then six red and three blue during flowering. other people use just one spectrum during each phase or never change them at all ,your open to chose how you feel fit but keep this in mind

Just as humans need a balanced diet, plants need balanced, full-spectrum light for good health and optimum growth. The quality of light is as important as quantity. Plants are sensitive to a similar portion of the spectrum as is the human eye. This portion of the light spectrum is referred to as photosynthetically active radiation or PAR, namely about 400 to 700 nanometers in wavelength. Nevertheless, plant response within this region is very different from that of humans.
Plants respond more effectively to red light and to blue light, the peak being in the red region at around 630 nanometers.

In the same way fat provides the most efficient calories for humans, red light provides the most efficient food for plants. However, a plant illuminated only with red or orange light will fail to develop sufficient bulk. Leafy growth (vegetative growth) and bulk also require blue light. Many other complex processes are triggered by light required from different regions of the spectrum

hope this didn't fill you up to much

Thanks Joe Coffee, I"ll take my time in H\D next time, I'm always with my fam. and my child always get restless and wants those x-mas things. Now I know why they put those in the front, lol.

Thanks DroJo, check back soon. I am going to post pics of the other two girls.

Wow, Thanks Linkorien. Very, very helpful info. I have two full spectrum bulbs on the middle fixture. How many blue lights do you think I should put it the other two fixtures? I used all blue for the veg cycle so I have plenty to replace the red ones with.

well it depends on how you want to do it really,
think of it like this, blue makes you grow red makes you fat,
if your vegging, blue is very important your growing leaves and height, red isn't so importen but still needed.
so when you go in to flowering and you get that last good sprint of growth blue is still important at that point as well as red cause your flowering, but after that point red will pack on the fat for your buds, BUT new leaves or green growth still need that blue light

my grow has 12 bulbs in all, im running 9 blue 6500k and 3 red 2700k for veg
at flowering i will use 6 and 6 for the first 3 weeks
then im moving to 3 blue and 9 red for thous last weeks of fat bud growing.

thats just the plan iv derived from all the info i take in, how you want to do it is up to you, iv never experimented with it and im no herbalist so i cant tell you a 100% yes this is how you do it best way answer... but i can give you info for you and your mind, to do as you will with

BEST OF LUCK MY FRIEND

Thanks Linkorien. I am a brand newbie so all advice is greatly appriciated.

This is "Tinkerbell"

Tink.JPG

Tink_5_.JPG

Tink_15_.JPG

Tink_25_.JPG

Tink_35_.JPG

Tink_45_.JPG

tink_55_.JPG

tink_65_.JPG

tink_75_.JPG

tink_85_.JPG

tink_95_.JPG

You can see why I named her Tinkerbell. She started out scrawny but is one of my bigger plants. She's not giant big, but big enough for me to be proud of on my first try.

Thanks Linkorien. I am a brand newbie so all advice is greatly appriciated.

This is "Tinkerbell"

Tink.JPG

Tink_5_.JPG

Tink_15_.JPG

Tink_25_.JPG

Tink_35_.JPG
Tink_45_.JPG

tink_55_.JPG

tink_65_.JPG

tink_75_.JPG

tink_85_.JPG

tink_95_.JPG

You can see why I named her Tinkerbell. She started out scrawny but is one of my bigger plants. She's not giant big, but big enough for me to be proud of on my first try.

I would definitely be proud of her. You doin well so far bro :popcorn: Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Thanks Joe Coffee and DroJo, I got some sweet flower pics I'll be posting in a couple of days.

Last but not least, this is "Gretchen" the tall kid from Recess.

Gretchen.JPG

Gretchen_5_.JPG

Gretchen_15_.JPG

Gretchen_35_.JPG

Gretchen_45_.JPG

Gretchen_55_.JPG

After topping shot.
gretchen_65_.JPG

gretchen_75_.JPG

gretchen_85_.JPG

gretchen_95_.JPG

gretchen_105_.JPG

gretchen_115_.JPG

Can you tell she's my favorite? I have more pics of her than the others.

Whoa, lol! So that's what happens when you paste pics W/O spaces.

Thank you MountainHigh.
Thanks for adding a rep DroJo.

The girls after watering and a little pruning.
girls_66_.JPG

girls_68_.JPG

girls_70_.JPG

I forgot to activate the flash, but I put the girls up by the white plastic sheet
girls_71_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom