Obliviconsent's bagseed CFL grow-2009

Thanks again Joe Coffee, I will try the pyrethrin and yellow fly traps. Damn flys are bugging, no pun intended, the hell out of me. I've had no pests up until now but the damn house fly, lol.

If it's possible think about doing a sterilized soil change to jump start the situation. If you do that along with the yellow sticky traps and the pyethrin you'll have bug problem in control* in under two weeks.... Make sure that the pots you are using have the overflow on the bottom it is critical step in my mind....
:rollit:

* There sneaky bastards.... Don't ever let yourself think that you have them beat... LOL!

I'm not sure if you have regular ol flies or gnats, but if you have gnats a sure way to get rid of them without putting anything on your plants; Mix some water and a little vinegar and a drop or two of liquid dish soap and put it in a cup in your grow area. The gnats will go to it to feed and get stuck in mixture and drown,I know from experience this works very well. :peace:

I didn't find any yellow sticky fly boards at my local wally world, so I got the clear ones that go on windows. So well see how that works. To 420 warrior, they are house flys because that is the only buggy I had been seeing in my room. Not sure if they are asexual or if I had a ripe one sneak in, lol. But as far as I can see they are not causing any damage to the plants. I put a fan on the girls just in case to keep the flys off. Does that vinegar and dish soap work with flys too? since I didn't find any pyrethrin I am going into the big scary city in the morning. Since I am so close to harvest I am just going to spray until the girls are chopped. Hey Joe Coffee, will the spray have any effect on the taste of the girls since harvest is around the corner?

I didn't find any yellow sticky fly boards at my local wally world, so I got the clear ones that go on windows. So well see how that works. To 420 warrior, they are house flys because that is the only buggy I had been seeing in my room. Not sure if they are asexual or if I had a ripe one sneak in, lol. But as far as I can see they are not causing any damage to the plants. I put a fan on the girls just in case to keep the flys off. Does that vinegar and dish soap work with flys too? since I didn't find any pyrethrin I am going into the big scary city in the morning. Since I am so close to harvest I am just going to spray until the girls are chopped. Hey Joe Coffee, will the spray have any effect on the taste of the girls since harvest is around the corner?

I bought my Yellow Sticky boards at a garden center. The Pyrethrin is an ingredient in bug sprays therefore you must read the labels what works best for me is the type with a hand pump spray. I spray the bug spray on the ground in the pot and not on the plants itself. especially after watering. No it won't affect the flavor of the buds.. Fungus Gnats do root damage to your little girls via the larvae that is in the soil. The larvae fees on your plants root ends and will prevent root/bud growth by nibbling on the roots themself. The Adult Gnats do no damage to the plant but will spread to other plants and they will become present in your house. The trick to defeating the Fungus Gnats is that you must break the life cycle and that can take weeks...

I'm not sure about the vinegar mixture with house flies but it can't hurt to try. I believe you use white vinegar. And as joe pointed out you have to kill the larvae,(thanks for the tip,I wasn't aware they fed on the roots) On a side note, I read in someones journal that they had fleas, a little dish soap in water under i night light will take care of fleas. I'm not sure if they will go to it if it's just in with your plants or if it has to be under a night light. I have never tried this but have seen that it works. There were tons of dead fleas in the bowl. :peace:

I researched fungus gnats and all fly species on the net and I don't have fungus gnats they are house flys. I still keep the fan on the gilrs to keep them off.
I ran out of time in the city and didn't get the spray and I've been crazy busy at work I only put up the clear flytraps. I am the best procrastionator around, lol. I'm still going to get the spray next time I go into the city, that way at least I'll have it just in case. Hopefully I won't need it next go round *knock on wood*
Anyway I am going to be chopping the girls down on 02-05-10.

Here are some pictures from 01-20-10:
My pocket microscope I got from the shack
supplies_11_.JPG

The fan I keep on the girls
supplies_13_.JPG

gc_90_.JPG

gc_91_.JPG

Leslie
leslie_143_.JPG

Amelia
amelia_127_.JPG

amelia_128_.JPG

amelia_129_.JPG

Tinkerbell
tink_151_.JPG

tink_155_.JPG

tink_154_.JPG

tink_153_.JPG

tink_152_.JPG

Gretchen
gretchen_167_.JPG

gretchen_168_.JPG

gretchen_169_.JPG

gretchen_170_.JPG

gretchen_171_.JPG

Those microscopes are at Radio Shack, about $12 :peace:

Thanks BongMaster I've stopped by your grow and you girl is looking damn pretty too. Thanks for the rep NobleWeed and thanks for stopping in on my grow.
Exactly right 420warrior, I got it at radio shack. My complaint is the eye piece is small and if you wear glasses you will have to take them off to use it, but otherwise when it's positioned right the clarity is amazing. I went online to search for other pocket microscopes and the company sells one with a LED light that looks like it would be brighter, just FYI.

An LED would be great as not being bright enough was my only complaint with mine,but I don't wear glasses. Also they are somewhat difficult to use on the plant, a lot of people take a small part of a leaf off of the plant and look at it. :peace:

Damn, alot has happened since my last post. Leslie was harvested on 01-31-10.
DSC09992.JPG

DSC09993.JPG

I gave her to one of my bros. He brought some back to smoke with my wife and they said it was some good stuff. He had taken it to his town and has rave reviews of my plant. I looked at it and it looked damn good.
The other 3 were cut on 02-03-10. 2 days later I brought them in and clipped them then rehung them. tonight, 02-09-10 I put them in jars and my wife tried some and sais it was good. I will post some pics of the process I just have been procrastinating on it. I will report on the dry weight of what I have if my wife doesn't smoke it all, lol.:Rasta:

Thanks for all the great advise and kind words from everyone. To the onlookers, thanks for watching.:thanks: The computer I upload pics on caught a virus so I won't be posting anymore pics for the completion of my grow. The last three girls got a little too dried out due to negligence on my part, but the better half says it smokes good.:ganjamon::grinjoint::bong: and it smells awesome. This concludes my first grow. As soon as my room gets some much needed upgrades I will start another journal.

Note: To the moderator, can you please move my thread to completed journals.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom