Living soil? Home medical grow

Hi Jerrix509,

First, I’m not a pro, just a soil grower.

She’s very well, mom lives across town! Ha, just had to go there!

For me - all my Veg plants, seedlings, clones & mothers share a grow space.

Top dress - every couple weeks.

Soil grower here so I don’t flush. Flushing is highly debatable! To me it’s more of a hydro, hempy dwc technique.

If you grow any plant using fish guts located beside a hog waste lagoon those ingredients & environmental exposure will change the smell of your weed. No it’s not a 1 to 1 transfer but the plant will take on any scents it is exposed to whether in air, soil or water. Remember as a kid how food coloring could change the color of cut flowers? Yes the plant absorbs the water and the dye slowly changes the blossom from white to pink. Same same! Flushing is not going to make your plants taste better.

Flushing will however wash away portions of the built up salts / ferts that have accumulated in your media. However if you flush go right back to feeding nutes to your plant for the last 2 weeks. There is no reason to starve your plants right before harvest. Flushing is taking 3 times the amount water that your container holds and pouring it on top of the soil. Then feed as normal.

There is an entire forum section dedicated to supersoil, living organic soil, soil recipes etc. etc.

Click on Grow
Then Growers Forums
Then Organic Gardening
Then Organic Soil

Hope this helps!

Cheers...

Depending on your funds and access.
In a perfect world I would buy Buildasoil Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 soil.
The compost is aged 2 years and ready to go, just add microbes, worms, cover crop and RO water mixed with coconut water and aloe vera.

In LOS if you want to just water with just a little coconut water and pretty much nothing else then you need a large FABRIC pot of about 25 gallon or more.
Maybe layer a bit of extra Jersey Greensand, Kelp and Alfalfa meal and a little Bokashi in the bottom 3rd of the pot so theres a bit extra potassium, phosphorus, sulphur for the roots to dive into once the roots reach that far.

I dont keep moms, prefer seeds.

I dont really top dress much, I have worms doing that for me, they keep adding a layer of Unicorn Poop every week.
I sprinkle a little Bokashi and Gro-kashi every couple weeks in Veg and a tablespoon of Chitin maybe twice in Veg.
An Alfalfa Sprouted Seed Tea is also good in veg for the Triacontanol.
Twice a month from seed to about 3 weeks from harvest I add 1 teaspoon of Ferticell Universal Algae per gallon of water.
About once a week I will add a teaspoon per gal of Comfrey & Peach Fermented Plant Juice.
In flower cycle I use Buildabloom amendment.
Its micronized soy meal, micronized soft rock phosphate, fulvic acid, gypsum and Epsom.

There is no need to flush, that's an old growers tale.
And in LOS probably wont have any salt buildup so shouldn't be much need to flush salt from soil.

You can build the soil from local ingredients, and compost from scratch, that would probably take 6+ months

can buy most everything locally for a Clackamas Coots soil recipe and buy a quality aged compost such as the Oly Mountain fish compost, put it together in the right quantities to get a 6.4 soil pH and it's ready pretty much as soon as you can get the cover crop and microbes going.

Or can just buy bags of Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 to fill up 25 gallon fabric pots.
Need a Mycorrhazae inoculate, I use Rootwise Microbe Complete, Biophos and Elixir for my microbes.

Living soil ah !

Well the act of composting over a period of time helps encourages the so called microbe organism content of the medium.

You may wish to start with some form of organic matter like a well rotted manure or even a leaf mulch these will have some form of microbes in... perhaps add some worm castings as well.

Other amendments can be added to help support the macro & micro nutrient ratio as well but understanding how fast these can be released over period time can effect over all result so the act of composting letting cook for several months aids this process.

You may wish to take a look at compost teas the slurry from this can be used as a top dressing as well.

Depending on your funds and access.
In a perfect world I would buy Buildasoil Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 soil.
The compost is aged 2 years and ready to go, just add microbes, worms, cover crop and RO water mixed with coconut water and aloe vera.

In LOS if you want to just water with just a little coconut water and pretty much nothing else then you need a large FABRIC pot of about 25 gallon or more.
Maybe layer a bit of extra Jersey Greensand, Kelp and Alfalfa meal and a little Bokashi in the bottom 3rd of the pot so theres a bit extra potassium, phosphorus, sulphur for the roots to dive into once the roots reach that far.

I dont keep moms, prefer seeds.

I dont really top dress much, I have worms doing that for me, they keep adding a layer of Unicorn Poop every week.
I sprinkle a little Bokashi and Gro-kashi every couple weeks in Veg and a tablespoon of Chitin maybe twice in Veg.
An Alfalfa Sprouted Seed Tea is also good in veg for the Triacontanol.
Twice a month from seed to about 3 weeks from harvest I add 1 teaspoon of Ferticell Universal Algae per gallon of water.
About once a week I will add a teaspoon per gal of Comfrey & Peach Fermented Plant Juice.
In flower cycle I use Buildabloom amendment.
Its micronized soy meal, micronized soft rock phosphate, fulvic acid, gypsum and Epsom.

There is no need to flush, that's an old growers tale.
And in LOS probably wont have any salt buildup so shouldn't be much need to flush salt from soil.

You can build the soil from local ingredients, and compost from scratch, that would probably take 6+ months

can buy most everything locally for a Clackamas Coots soil recipe and buy a quality aged compost such as the Oly Mountain fish compost, put it together in the right quantities to get a 6.4 soil pH and it's ready pretty much as soon as you can get the cover crop and microbes going.

Or can just buy bags of Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 to fill up 25 gallon fabric pots.
Need a Mycorrhazae inoculate, I use Rootwise Microbe Complete, Biophos and Elixir for my microbes.
Definitely going to take me a lot of time to get that down. But damn you know what your doing

Back
Top Bottom