Lootznbootz Gets A CLU

I WAS THE LAST PACKAGE OF THE DAY BUT THEY FINALLY CAME!

Let me start by saying i am very happy with the lights.
Tho i am a little mad at myself for being so intimidated by the tech i coulda saved some money and built it myself lol its not that complicated honestly

I bought the 5 cob 250w clu048 framwotk from Timber grow lights.

Total price was 497.00 including shipping

From the moment i ordered to my front door was 16 days.

Packaging was amazing very secure and discreet

420-magazine-mobile983207578.jpg

In the envelope was my invoice and 2 stickers
420-magazine-mobile1707992046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1347022442.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2026804915.jpg

420-magazine-mobile966017651.jpg

As you can see very well packaged.

Now on to the light!

420-magazine-mobile1793521024.jpg

420-magazine-mobile562756174.jpg

420-magazine-mobile514398041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1934533020.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1854951847.jpg

Overall i am very pleased with the light!

There are 2 things that i questioned but compensated for without a problem.

The power cord is very short no problem i had a heavy duty black extension cable to reach my timer.

This wouldnt be so much of a problem if my pot. Wasnt directly under my driver.

Which means that to dim my light i had to put the driver side of the fixture to the front of my tent and reach my cable all the back across my tent...

If the potentiometer was on the opposite side across from the driver it would be perfect

Again its no big deal

I also marked on the fixture where certain amounts of draw power is at so i could look and easily see roughly what my light is drawing without looking at the killawatt meter

420-magazine-mobile1144857929.jpg

After getting the light set up i fed the plant for the first time in a while.
I gave it 2 gallons... Im still tryna figure out watering with this fabric pot...
I went with early veg on the schedule even tho the plant is clearly past that i wanted to build the plant up slowly and plus we still have a few weeks of veg left.

When you start looking into these nutrients you read and see what these nutes are derived from ie chicken livers bird feathers etc etc and you expect to open the bottles and gag but it smells like MINT!

Bravo!

Ive opened voodoo juice or b52 from AN and almost retasted my lunch.

So im very happy to smell spearmint chewing gum while mixing nutes.

Which is so easy! Phing this stuff is a breeze and it only takes like 1/4 tsp to bring a gallon into the range specified on the feeding chart.

After today i have a very good feeling about this grow!

What do you guys think any questions or wanna see something in better detail let me know and as always

Thanks for stopping by

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks great. I resolved the potentiometer problem on my builds. I include a remote with 2 Velcro tabs you can stick to your tent. One numbered dial for each driver. The cables also work with the 6 channel hurricane x led controller from coralux.
420-magazine-mobile8124148.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm thankful to hear what people don't like about their lights. That way I can improve. Guess I'll start making longer cords. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
Hey Jimmy,

I was reading through your posts and I see you are a LED enthusiast. I am new to the LED game but have done quite a bit of research. I dont live too far from you actually haha in Brampton. What would you suggest to cover a 4x4 and do you have a link to somw of the lights you make?

Sent from my LG-H831 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey jimmy i have a question..

This is from timbers website

:-How-high above the plants should I hang my Timber light?

A: All our models are designed to provide uniform intensity and coverage at a height of 12"-18" above the canopy.- Additionally, our lights come equipped with dimmers allowing you to adjust the light output and coverage area to suit your individual grow environment.- Timber Grow Lights run very cool - cool to the touch - and can be used very close to the canopy.

Is there a distance you advise?

Obviously the old back of the hand method doesnt work lol theres no heat from these at all!

Is it 12-18 inches above canopy at full power?
Closer if dimmed? and if so how close is too close?

Hey jimmy i have a question..

This is from timbers website

:-How-high above the plants should I hang my Timber light?

A: All our models are designed to provide uniform intensity and coverage at a height of 12"-18" above the canopy.- Additionally, our lights come equipped with dimmers allowing you to adjust the light output and coverage area to suit your individual grow environment.- Timber Grow Lights run very cool - cool to the touch - and can be used very close to the canopy.

Is there a distance you advise?

Obviously the old back of the hand method doesnt work lol theres no heat from these at all!

Is it 12-18 inches above canopy at full power?
Closer if dimmed? and if so how close is too close?

Hard to say. I don't have any CLUs to test. I'd say 12" or so. How many watts does that thing consume?

Hard to say. I don't have any CLUs to test. I'd say 12" or so. How many watts does that thing consume?

250w

Meanwell 240 driver 1400ma

Is that what the killawatt says?

When i hooked it up to the kilawatt at full power it pulled 250 - 252 watts.

At minimum power it pulled 10.8 watts

Heatsink is massive too. Gets hot AF. Even at 133mm.

Do you have to active cool those then?

I think I will with the 133mm. Robin at NGL is out of the SSTX pincushion sinks so I'll pop some fans on these 133's. They're only rated at 95 w and the C series pushes out just over 100. I'm going to retest at 1750ma. I want to see if i can get over 4000μmols.

So after 1 day under the light at 18 inches dimmed to 50% nothing catastrophic lol

Unfortunately i did overwater a bit yesterday i should of went with my gut and only gave her a gallon. But shes not drowned just a tiny bit droopy.

I then realized now would be a better time than any to start training.

So i dropped the net to 12" above the soil.

And brought the light to 16" above the net.

420-magazine-mobile2035802489.jpg

420-magazine-mobile480933428.jpg

420-magazine-mobile392639707.jpg

Im so excited for this scrog!

Thanks for stopping by

Back
Top Bottom