Lost power at harvest/dry

Timhomegrow

Literally harvested yesterday and the day before with half the harvest in the fridge and half hanging. This tropical storm has knocked out power do much of my system so no idea when it will come back on.

Hanging room is now at 70% humidity and 72 degrees. What can I do? How long before mold can start?

I'm not as concerned with the buds in the fridge because it should stay cold for a while

Thought?

Ouch, I imagine the rh is high in ur house or where ever u r, is high also because of the hurricane, but u could try to hang it in a bigger room so the th doesn’t spike so much, but that’s about all I can think of, maybe a little extra air flow

Ouch, I imagine the rh is high in ur house or where ever u r, is high also because of the hurricane, but u could try to hang it in a bigger room so the th doesn’t spike so much, but that’s about all I can think of, maybe a little extra air flow
Yea humidity is high everywhere with the rain. Non-electric no fans for airflow. This sucks ha. I'm clueless but figured we may have a McGever here who could think of something ha.

Trying to figure out my "window" of safety before mold could set in. If I get to that point, maybe hang in my car with the AC on

did you hang whole plants or cut branches and hang ?
hanging them by cut branches will allow more air between buds and reduce the chance of mold.

a pail of charcoal could help if there is some about. you can get dry bags as well, but that's not a quick fix with stuff in the house either.

did you hang whole plants or cut branches and hang ?
hanging them by cut branches will allow more air between buds and reduce the chance of mold.

a pail of charcoal could help if there is some about. you can get dry bags as well, but that's not a quick fix with stuff in the house either.
Thankfully it's cut braches. A few buds are real dense though.

I do have charcoal....not a bad idea thanks.

Hoping power is on soon....like next 10 hours or so. Just not sure how quick things can go sideways with the buds

Rock salt in a bucket (Don't let it touch plant material).

Bag of kitty litter spread out to increase surface area of litter may help.

As bluter suggested charcoal and making sure there is room for some air flow between branches.

Rv moisture non-scented grabbers work great in a pinch.

Would suggest an unscented Damp-Rid bag but they do take a few days to really start pulling moisture from the air. I have a large bag of silica packets (like 20 lbs worth) that I can throw in a tent and it will drop the moisture FAST. I have the same problems with weather knocking out my power, but it's been mild this past year. You're at an unfortunate spot with your moisture.
The problem with the fridge isn't the cold, it's that the fridge is only pulling out moisture if it's running. If the compressor isn't running, all that moisture remains. Hopefully it comes back on today and all will be fine.
I suppose I would be considering some sort of battery powered fan or just keeping the stuff in your driest room, in paper bags sitting on top of cat litter or similar, shaking often to keep airflow up.

:rolleyes:I’m a pot head lol
As am I....I did the same thing "oh I'll turn on my dehumidifier"....took a second to realize ha.

Thankfully power is back on so I think I'm good. But I'm getting a battery operated fans and kitty litter today in case of emergency ;).

Try bud washing then hang dry you will be fine just take a little longer to dry but no mold.

3 5 gal buckets

1st bucket is your wash bucket add 1/4 cup of lemon juice (bottled is fine) + 1/4 cup baking soda to full bucket water

2nd and 3rd buckets are your rinse buckets fill with water.

dunk branches in wash bucket all the way in, take it easy just dunk dunk dunk like 10 times then move to the rinse buckets and repeat each rinse bucket.

This will kill any mold spores and it will help the produce dry a little faster. Side benefit your buds will be clean.

This will work - wont leave anything behind. I do it every harvest.

Oh shit Storm, yeah we lost power for 30 hours. I was off line since cable & web were down but managed to grab a small 1200 watt generac on Thursday, after tax it was $300 out the door from Costco- It’s not enough for much load but I switched between fridge and grow lights and was pretty impressed by its performance.

Hooefully your power has been restored and your fresh harvest buds won’t be ruined. If shit really hits the fan then you could still use them for oil or cobs

Back
Top Bottom