Low Yield

jueyman

I just finished harvesting 3 plants. I'm very dissapointed with the yield, got 8 grams from 1 plant and 4 from another. Only got good yield from one plant. My question is , what could be the reason for low yield, light or problems with the plant. I had over watering problems with them when they were seedlings. I have 2x4 tent and were using a Mars Hydro 900.

Photos, what size pot, any nutes, strain, veg time and light cycles are all factors. Answer those things first

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Could be many things. Would need more info. I had the same thing on my soil grow.
I had too small of pots. Root bound. I did up pot but it was too late.
Then I had fungus gnats. I think they ate a lot of roots.
In the beginning I didn't ph nothing.
My hydro plants look awesome though. :) good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I hope you didn't harvest to early ?

My worst ever harvest was 3/4 oZ per plant mind you that was few years ago...

It would help to share a little more information as best as you can, even my own Jedi growing skills sense a disturbance in the force on this one.

Hi thanks all for replying. Well I don't have pics anymore because I didnt save them but here I will try to answer everything.
It were regular seeds. (Tora Bora, GDP and WW xBB). I used organic soil and used organic teas made by me. Only problem without over watering I had was calcium deficiency but I manage to recover quickly from that.
I had them on veg for 60 days and they were in flower for 9 weeks.
Pot size were 3 gallons.
I havent weighted the WW x BB because is still drying but the yield looks much more than the other 2 combined.
I have a fan inside to help the air circulate and have an extractor hooked up with a carbon filter.

That is all i need to work with :thumb:

Well i see you have chosen the organic route perhaps i sense a problem with amendments added to the soil as well as home made teas which may lack in macro & micro nutrients which have lead to a poor harvest.

May i ask on how you prepared your tea & what was used !

Also did you add any other amendments to the soil ?

Just breaking stuff down to understand further on how to help :thumb:

my soil had:1 part compost,1 part peat moss and 1 part perlite. For amendment it had worm casting,rock dust,bat guano,limestone, crab shell, kelp, egg shell, oyster shell, alfalfa meal,neem seed meal,Mykos. Myabe other things I forgot.

Tea(veg)
compost
worm casting
kelp meal
BioAg TM-7
molasses

When flowering I added bird guano and fish bone meal

Also sometimes I made a tea of barley,aloe vera, kelp and BioAg Ful-Power

I just finished harvesting 3 plants. I'm very dissapointed with the yield, got 8 grams from 1 plant and 4 from another. Only got good yield from one plant. My question is , what could be the reason for low yield, light or problems with the plant. I had over watering problems with them when they were seedlings. I have 2x4 tent and were using a Mars Hydro 900.

You definitely had enough lighting I would think.

What nutrients did you use. And what was your mixtures ?

Hi thanks all for replying. Well I don't have pics anymore because I didnt save them but here I will try to answer everything.
It were regular seeds. (Tora Bora, GDP and WW xBB). I used organic soil and used organic teas made by me. Only problem without over watering I had was calcium deficiency but I manage to recover quickly from that.
I had them on veg for 60 days and they were in flower for 9 weeks.
Pot size were 3 gallons.
I havent weighted the WW x BB because is still drying but the yield looks much more than the other 2 combined.
I have a fan inside to help the air circulate and have an extractor hooked up with a carbon filter.

my soil had:1 part compost,1 part peat moss and 1 part perlite. For amendment it had worm casting,rock dust,bat guano,limestone, crab shell, kelp, egg shell, oyster shell, alfalfa meal,neem seed meal,Mykos. Myabe other things I forgot.

Tea(veg)
compost
worm casting
kelp meal
BioAg TM-7
molasses

In my last reply there is the information of what I use for the plants

trying to reconstruct what happened in your experiment without further information is useless.

make a new journal, try again, and let us watch you step by step. it's fun don't give up.

good luck :bongrip:

Well maybe we all can agree on maybe you did not mess up and just got a funky plant. Anything is possible best advice try again take photos. PS if you notice something or get a feeling something is not right or just have a question ask. There is not much we can do without photos to see what happened.

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Tea(veg)
compost
worm casting
kelp meal
BioAg TM-7
molasses

Cheers for all the info & looks pretty alright but maybe lacking any real long term NPK well almost.

Basically most of these ingredients fall into fast, medium & slow release nutrients to how long it breaks down in the soil for the plant to use.

In your list of goodies...

Fast to medium release are kelp, alfalfa & neem seed meal all are low NPK values plus trace micro nutrients & largely will be expended of nutrients by the end of the grow or mostly used up when in flowering.

Medium release is bat guano may last most of the grow perhaps insufficient for late flowering.

Slow release are egg, oyster, crab shell, rock dust, lime stone some of these may take several months to begin to break down & may last years like the rock dust... mostly trace micro nutrients some calcium etc.

Ye it is an alright mix but i'd suggest recycling it for other grows lots of beneficial stuff in it ya don't really want to waste but add some extra of the fast/medium release stuff to amend it again plus worm casting. Its fine for vegging the plants but not quite good enough for flowering.

The Tea looks ok as an added extra but not good enough for flowering as it is still all very low NPK which may not support flowering at its best.

I'm happy with most of it but i'd more likely back up flowering with an organic bloom nutrient with more NPK as i think they are really lacking in P/K nutrients which the ol girls use more of in flowering to form those tasty buds we so much like :thumb:

Fuzzy duck has you on point there!

I'd just like to add that organic soil is one of the more difficult growing methods for new growers. It takes a few runs to know what to look out for.

I would maybe suggest going down the soil route with some bottled nutrients for a couple of grows, just whilst you get your head around things.

In any case - starting and maintaining a grow journal throughout your grow will give you on the spot help and advice from members that know what you've been doing along the way.

Good luck, and keep at it!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom