Lower leaf yellowing, deficiency?

Definitely having some P and K issues, also like @zigzagman1960 said, calmag is a little too low at 1ml/L (should be more like 1.25 ml/L).

Definitely having some P and K issues, also like @zigzagman1960 said, calmag is a little too low at 1ml/L (should be more like 1.25 ml/L).
Thanks @Keffka - If it's P and K issues I do feel it may just be a delay with the plant catching up with my switch in nutrients, or rather I was late switching to bloom nutes? I'll wait for what Shed has to say regarding the nutes as I know he's a bit of a wizard when it comes to NPK :rofl: I'd be very happy if it's something I've already started to solve.

1.25ml/L okay I can give that a try :) The calmag I'm adding currently changes my tap water EC from 0.2 to 0.5 and then I add my nutrients.

It's annoying how much info regarding cannabis conflicts. For instance why does this info conflict with everything else I've read from RQS and other growing sites that advises lower temps during flower to avoid terps evaporating, is this false and I can not worry about it?

I have no issues changing the heat in the room if it will help, there's an oil rad in there I can crank up. Then I'd need to pump up my humidity so I can get the VPD right, I don't mind more trips to fill up the humidifier if it's gonna help though :D

Also if my humidity will be 55% to keep the correct VPD is this not too high and likely to cause budrot issues? I do have fans both above the canopy and below that oscilate.

5ml/gal is what I said. So yeah 5ml/L will be overkill
Doh - Gotya :thanks:

CalMag is Vitalink but it's almost empty and I'll be switching to DutchPro instead lol >.< For now and for all previous feeds it's been the Vitalink, guaranteed analysis here:
Calmag.png

Now your mentioning it I'm not sure they are identical now, I'm not sure on the full story but the branding is almost identical but I think manufacturing/chemistry may now be different. The NPK values are slightly different now im checking images:
tripart-all-in-one-png.2648963

General-Hydroponics_product_FloraSeries_PerfPack_L.png

and now that I'm looking into it I'm actually using Soft water Micro, which I assume has added calcium in... huh :)

I could post pics of the back of the bottles, not sure if that helps?

The bottles are curved, I did my best to get every word in but if it's too hard to read let me know I'll type it out :)

Gro / Micro / Bloom in order:
grow.jpg
micro.jpg
bloom.jpg

Might as well give me the numbers for the DutchPro since that's what you'll be using. Is it 5-0.1-0.1? Give me a pic of that analysis and do you have Epsom salts handy?
Yes I have this:
51YxPg+QcFL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

It's actually Canna not DutchPro, silly me :rofl:
Here's a pic from the back:
canna_calmag.jpg

:thanks: 🙏

I'm having a hard time getting to numbers that work for the ratios I recommend using that trio plus Canna calmag and epsom salts. They use a lot of ammoniacal nitrogen in the trio with very little Ca and way too much sulfur (though TBH I don't know the actual sulfur content of sulphuric anhydride). Canna calmag has a lot of N in it, which pushes N high when I try to get the Ca needed.

I wish I could do better but I think this is the best I can do for early flower (per Liter):
TA Grow: 1.8ml
TA Bloom: 1ml
TA Micro: .8ml
CannaCalMag: 1ml

That puts you around 154-30-132 (with too much ammoniacal N),
and Ca at 60, Mg at 58, and S at 50.

I would much prefer your Mg to be about half that to keep Ca/Mg at 2/1, but my inputs weren't ideal.

Use that for a couple of waterings and report back!

I really try to keep it simple. I never check pH, never check EC. I have no time for vapor pressure density. I try to keep ‘em green till harvest. These were grown in my tent and moved outside to finish for the last couple weeks. Nothing fancy—just Jacks 202020 for veg and jacks 201030 for flower—don’t forget the calmag
65EE611B-F025-4CD3-9570-34EBBD19D75E.jpeg
1C24CFCB-8520-4AA0-9A99-626909392239.jpeg
2FC08D8B-9D05-4718-BCFA-0598D95CD68B.jpeg

my preference is growing an outdoor baseball bat farm
CC75A0F4-146E-4C11-8F8C-FF6C188C2978.jpeg

I'm having a hard time getting to numbers that work for the ratios I recommend using that trio plus Canna calmag and epsom salts. They use a lot of ammoniacal nitrogen in the trio with very little Ca and way too much sulfur (though TBH I don't know the actual sulfur content of sulphuric anhydride). Canna calmag has a lot of N in it, which pushes N high when I try to get the Ca needed.

I wish I could do better but I think this is the best I can do for early flower (per Liter):
TA Grow: 1.8ml
TA Bloom: 1ml
TA Micro: .8ml
CannaCalMag: 1ml

That puts you around 154-30-132 (with too much ammoniacal N),
and Ca at 60, Mg at 58, and S at 50.

I would much prefer your Mg to be about half that to keep Ca/Mg at 2/1, but my inputs weren't ideal.

Use that for a couple of waterings and report back!
Hey @InTheShed - Thanks so much for looking into this mate, really cool of you and I appreciate it very much.

I'll switch to this mix for the next few feeds and I'll update on the progress! When should I be switching to a less heavy N mix do you think? I tried to time this grow better with my switches to flowering nutes but I guess I've done that way too early?

I think with my first grow I had an excess of N during flower which caused the stems to keep stretching way past flower formation, so I ended up with super airy/gappy bud that didn't join up/form single buds? I could be misjudging that as I had a lot of problems with my first grow but I do feel that was one of them :D

Also I mentioned LucasFormula earlier, the reason for that is because of too much N in the Tri-Part formula and instead they just use higher levels of Micro which has cal/mag in it? I'm not sure if that could hold the key to solving the too much ammoniacal nitrogen? (Link to it here: Best Hydroponics Nutrients | Lucas Formula) - It's specifically for hydro but I figure the info might be relevent even for soil? No real idea lol.

Some pics from this morning for comparison later:
tropban_day16_1.jpg
tropban_day16_3.jpg
tropban_day16_4.jpg
tropban_day16_5.jpg

Hey @InTheShed - Thanks so much for looking into this mate, really cool of you and I appreciate it very much.

I'll switch to this mix for the next few feeds and I'll update on the progress! When should I be switching to a less heavy N mix do you think? I tried to time this grow better with my switches to flowering nutes but I guess I've done that way too early?

I think with my first grow I had an excess of N during flower which caused the stems to keep stretching way past flower formation, so I ended up with super airy/gappy bud that didn't join up/form single buds? I could be misjudging that as I had a lot of problems with my first grow but I do feel that was one of them :D

Also I mentioned LucasFormula earlier, the reason for that is because of too much N in the Tri-Part formula and instead they just use higher levels of Micro which has cal/mag in it? I'm not sure if that could hold the key to solving the too much ammoniacal nitrogen? (Link to it here: Best Hydroponics Nutrients | Lucas Formula) - It's specifically for hydro but I figure the info might be relevent even for soil? No real idea lol.

Some pics from this morning for comparison later:
tropban_day16_1.jpg
tropban_day16_3.jpg
tropban_day16_4.jpg
tropban_day16_5.jpg
Sorry I'm late, but Shed has things in hand as usual, hey Shed. :ciao:
Just curious are you putting the calmag in your plain water first?
I think you mentioned silicate aswell.
Do you mix that with your nutrients?
It needs an hour to breakdown in your plain water first.
I give it in plain water once a week or so.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Sorry I'm late, but Shed has things in hand as usual, hey Shed. :ciao:
Just curious are you putting the calmag in your plain water first?
I think you mentioned silicate aswell.
Do you mix that with your nutrients?
It needs an hour to breakdown in your plain water first.
I give it in plain water once a week or so.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill, I do mix the Calmag first but I was mixing silica at the end, I'll change my ways and start doing it first and earlier, thanks a lot mate.

I'd wait and see how it does at this strength. As I mentioned, I'm not crazy about the numbers and for later in flower your low on K anyway.
I think with my first grow I had an excess of N during flower which caused the stems to keep stretching way past flower formation, so I ended up with super airy/gappy bud that didn't join up/form single buds? I could be misjudging that as I had a lot of problems with my first grow but I do feel that was one of them
I'll take a look at the GH duo and see how that will work for you if you're up for getting another set of nute bottles. Might be much easier to work with.
Thanks Bill, I do mix the Calmag first but I was mixing silica at the end, I'll change my ways and start doing it first and earlier, thanks a lot mate.
If it's potassium silicate then absolutely that first. Then calmag, then the rest.

Got a pic of the silica analysis?

I'd wait and see how it does at this strength. As I mentioned, I'm not crazy about the numbers and for later in flower your low on K anyway.

I'll take a look at the GH duo and see how that will work for you if you're up for getting another set of nute bottles. Might be much easier to work with.

If it's potassium silicate then absolutely that first. Then calmag, then the rest.

Got a pic of the silica analysis?
I'll grab a pic of the silica mate thank you :thanks:
I don't mind getting another set of nutes but the Lucas Formula I linked is actually the same Tri-Part I'm using but never using 1 part of it (Grow) - Micro has Nitrogen and calcium/mag so they use way more of Bloom/Micro and achieve a better balance. Not sure if this is suitable though.

I'm absolutely fine with getting better nutes if it will help, I'm already planning to buy some LOS for a seperate 2x4 run which will use some dry top dressing amendments (Organic Dry Amendments & Pre-Mixed Soils - Living Soils - Really good UK LOS supplier that VetSmoke turned me onto). The nutes that are readily available here are Shogun, Canna & DutchPro as well as Terra Aquatica (GH). I went with this brand to begin with as General Hydroponics seemed to get fairly good feedback when I researched but I'm WAY more focused on getting a healthy plant than worried about spending money.

Cost of electricity here means growing is almost as much as paying for it so the need for a quality end product really is vital for me if I can achieve it, every bad harvest is a very expensive lesson in growing :D :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom