Lux meter

20201016_130400.jpg

I cant really get a good bend to start LST because she is thick and short. I can also see that my fan leaves are blocking light from future bud sites. Is it ok to trim of an auto at this stage? From what I gather I probably shouldn't because it will likely stunt growth. What do you guys think I should do? Wait till she is taller to start LST?

Everything I’ve read says no topping after day 21 but I wouldn't defol on an auto anyway especially on a short statured plant. Now if she had 4 foot tall think bushy canopy then yes. For now tuck leaves out of the way. For lst do slight bend today and tie her down, skip a day and then next day bend a little more and tie down again and so on. LST is supposed to be just that - gently training to take the shape you want.

my 2 cents - please consider other opinions

How do you use a lux meter for growing canabis indoors? I'm using mars hydro ts1000 and I want to make sure I'm at the correct distance from my seeds to harvest on my next grow.

Using an Android application to get a ballpark range of lighting levels that I'm aiming for during the grow. App is called (lux light meter)

I've used this for several grows, it's not perfect but it's better then guessing...

Vegetative 30,000 - 40,000 lux
Flowering 50,000 - 65,000 lux

< 15,000 lux - sparse or "stretchy" growth - plant isn't getting enough light

15,000 - 50,000 lux - good amount of light for healthy vegetative growth

45,000 - 65,000 lux - optimal amount of light for cannabis plants in the flowering stage

70,000 - 85,000 lux - a lot of light, some strains do okay at this light level.

Back
Top Bottom