Lux meter

20201007_115112.jpg

The dry soil is what falls apart.

Probably depends on how rootbound the plant has been allowed to get beforehand. Also on the composition of the soil (if it's mostly heavy clay, it'll be like a slightly soft rock instead of a bunch of separate material, etc.).

The damp stuff stays together better for me. To each there own

Damp is okay, but if it's really wet, that places additional weight on the roots, which could (IDK) cause some to tear, maybe. I doubt it'd be a big deal, but would add stress. And, if the plant lost a significant portion of its root system, it would be a good idea to remove an equal percentage of the above-ground part of the plant, to balance things.

If you fully support the plant and its roots during the operation, though, it's simply a question of "what works best for YOU." You've found one that does... so I don't suppose I'd be in a big hurry to change things, if I were you.

popular indoor soil grow pot sizes are 3 gallon and 5 gallon. 5 gallon is kinda standard, same size as common hardware store plastic bucket.

bigger pot, bigger rootball, bigger plant, more yield. takes longer though. you want autos in their final home as fast as you can. they can trigger on stress, a small pot or hard transplant can both trigger them early.

These are called peat pucks soak em in water, stick the seed in keep moist & in a few to several days ya get a sprout.

In general I'll use a blue spectrum cfl 125w for seedlings & vegging.

It is surprising on what you can grow with & so little wattage whilst in veg but flowering that is where ya need it.
Do you just drop the seeds in the peat pucks ? No shot glass or paper towel ? Makes sense thats how it works in nature

Do you just drop the seeds in the peat pucks ? No shot glass or paper towel ? Makes sense thats how it works in nature

Ye just drop em in the peat pucks.

Same principle, the seed needs to soak up X % moisture before germinate... whether that be a peat puck, wet paper towel or a shot glass.

Oh temperature plays a part in germination as well !

Back
Top Bottom