MadHatterJack's Indoor Soil & Soilless Grow Journal 2017

Yeah, a hatchery. I do my growing with salmon compost and wastewater. I have a degree in Environmental Biology so I'm integrating the two.
Oh cool. Do you ever consider doing an aquaponics grow with some fish?

Oh cool. Do you ever consider doing an aquaponics grow with some fish?
It's occurred to me to try and i have almost everything needed to rig up a fish tank. We cleaned out one of the hatcheries last year and i was able to find almost everything I needed from what was being thrown out. I think what i need is pretty cheap to buy. And goldfish don't cost much.

Oh god, Vista :(

I'm really sad inside now lol I wish I never remembered that OS

Late update. I came to check on the Durban kush I have in flower and I saw this. I may not know much about cannabis cultivation but I know this issue immediately when I see it from my landscaping days.
420-magazine-mobile213341572.jpg

I also noticed I needed to flush so I pulled them out and flushed. You can see how sad she looks.
420-magazine-mobile2019599194.jpg

Soon as I watered the under watered plant in about 45 mins it was looking like this again.
420-magazine-mobile1689670649.jpg

Don't worry be happy. .

They really perk up after a good drink almost immediately. I'm glad you tended to their needs
Haha yea me too man. I guess I need to start watering every three days on the dot now and check every so often. That was only four days so I guess they're needing more as that was sufficient before. I forgot to mention. I now have two more Durban kush plants. So five total. You can see the four solo cups in the back and then one peat pellet in the front those are Durban kush. I should have taken a better shot.
420-magazine-mobile1216558514.jpg

Man youd be surprised what they can take but they can only take so much. Ive pushed it ti where the fans were withered and survived. Now thats a strain to keep around.

Man youd be surprised what they can take but they can only take so much. Ive pushed it ti where the fans were withered and survived. Now thats a strain to keep around.

My White Widows were to that point almost every day last summer and they came back within a half hour of watering every time.

Yeah I think it's fine as long as it's not a constant thing. Chronic underwatering can have some serious impact on the growth and health of any plant.

Late update. I came to check on the Durban kush I have in flower and I saw this. I may not know much about cannabis cultivation but I know this issue immediately when I see it from my landscaping days.
420-magazine-mobile213341572.jpg

I also noticed I needed to flush so I pulled them out and flushed. You can see how sad she looks.
420-magazine-mobile2019599194.jpg

Soon as I watered the under watered plant in about 45 mins it was looking like this again.
420-magazine-mobile1689670649.jpg

Don't worry be happy. .

I think you have N Toxicity , Too much nitrogen leaves are dark green with dropped edges.

I think you have N Toxicity , Too much nitrogen leaves are dark green with dropped edges.
This is an indica plant with very dark green leaves and purple stems. My leaves colour look the same when I was giving zero nutrients. The bend down is an overall nutrients build up likely to cause more burns which is why I flushed. Usually any over nutrient problem will cause leaves to bend down as a first sign. I don't think it's nitrogen because I'm cutting back on Cali mag and feeding bloom nutrients which are low in nitrogen. I'm also not thinking it's nitrogen because the leaves would be glossy. The reason I have to flush is I have switched to advanced nutrients who claim you don't have to worry about Ppm or ph. Clearly I do need to still be careful about Ppm but that's why I'm flushing again.

Thought I would talk about the new soil I'm using. I'm starting my seeds in an organic super soil from
Blue Sky organics with mycorrhizae. Later I'll be transplanting into a mix of this soil and a cheaper top soil called Dutch treat. When I do this I'll be sure to add another mycorrhizae product. Great whites difficult for me to get so I'll show later what I'm using.
420-magazine-mobile173162124.jpg

I thought I would talk about this plant. I was in a rush for soil when I started and went to the hardware store and got promix with 9 months of fertilizer. So it's been hard to grow well in the medium. So I've just been experimenting but if any were wondering why it looks so sad that's why. It's just always shown issues and I almost killed it off but decided to see what would come of it.
420-magazine-mobile984098521.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom