Magical Butter machine: Anyone messed with it?

I have one. A very nice woman gifted it to me. I've used it four or five times and it does a great job. I've also used the oven method with shaking the glass jar. The machine saves me a little hassle. If you have a lot of time on your hands just use the oven. If you don't, purchase this device. All I've ever made is infused oil that I put in capsules and take at bedtime.

I looked at the advertisement. I can honestly say I was less than impressed with it and the price. It might be me but they said to decarb it and that is where most of the smell happens. Doing the infusion part doesn't really smell. They said no smell which brings me back to decarbing. What I do is do is use a spice grinder (hand unit) and then do the decarb in the oven. Once that is done I pull out the crock pot and add a pound of butter and a cup of water. Turn it on low. Once butter melts I add decarbed cannabis and stir every hour until bed time. I usually start the crockpot at 3pm and let it go all nite. 7 am I do the straining of it. Fridge it and there you have it. Saved over a 140.00 not buying a magical butter machine. Maybe it's me again but capacity looks small. My way has larger capacity although I only do it for personal use. Was interesting with lecithin. Will look into that one.

I looked at the advertisement. I can honestly say I was less than impressed with it and the price. It might be me but they said to decarb it and that is where most of the smell happens. Doing the infusion part doesn't really smell. They said no smell which brings me back to decarbing. What I do is do is use a spice grinder (hand unit) and then do the decarb in the oven. Once that is done I pull out the crock pot and add a pound of butter and a cup of water. Turn it on low. Once butter melts I add decarbed cannabis and stir every hour until bed time. I usually start the crockpot at 3pm and let it go all nite. 7 am I do the straining of it. Fridge it and there you have it. Saved over a 140.00 not buying a magical butter machine. Maybe it's me again but capacity looks small. My way has larger capacity although I only do it for personal use. Was interesting with lecithin. Will look into that one.
I never would have bought one myself, but this nice lady gave me one for free.

I like mine. It's just a heated immersion blender with a timer and flashing lights. I use mine for oil and tincture so cleanup is pretty easy. It simplifies the process, toss the bud in add your carrier and push the button. It breaks it all up inside so you don't lose any trichomes in the process but you still get maximized surface area for the infusion.

The magical butter machine is okay, but 2 cup minimum isn’t good for my needs. SweetSue showed me the InstantPot and that’s all I use now.

:passitleft:

I wonder about the decarb thing. I have been making oil and butter with a crock pot for years and never had to decarb it. Works fine.

I don't understand why people added another step?

I wonder about the decarb thing. I have been making oil and butter with a crock pot for years and never had to decarb it. Works fine.

I'm under the impression that decarbing actually releases more goodies from the marijuana and makes it more potent I believe. Sweet Sue is on this forum and she told me how to do it.

I'm under the impression that decarbing actually releases more goodies from the marijuana and makes it more potent I believe. Sweet Sue is on this forum and she told me how to do it.
Confirmed. Decarbing activates more thc.

The heat is what releases and activates the THC. I am getting the heat part in the Crock Pot. That is the part that confuses me.
Right now I have a problem with my coconut oil being to strong. No need to decarb it for strength LMAO. Might have to give it try next time. It is simple enough to do so why not try it.

Realistically it’s the ease of use that’s interests me. No fussing around with a bunch of stuff just decarb and let it rip. Got the timer and temp points. Seems like the easiest laziest way. Lol I’m about that life.
Instantpot is easier and decarbs as it’s infusing.

:passitleft:

Same here. When MB first came out, they said no to decarb, it happens during the process while using the machine. I imagine a few business meetings later, hey boss we keep getting questions about decarbing, what it is and how to do it. All of a sudden, look who sells expensive silicone molds and talks about the importance of decarboxylation.

Decarbing was never an issue until mass sales got involved. I don’t understand why people think it has to happen in the oven instead of the crockpot or MB2 machine. The human desire to succeed breeds sales. The only genuine benifit that I have observed is the removal of some of that cannabis “green” taste, which for retailers and mass appeal is a good thing. For my home medibles, I feel it’s a complete waste of time in most circumstances.

On a side note, or uh back to the ops question, for what the MB2 is, it’s a great product. I have owned two of them. Makes things a snap.

Instant pot for the Win!!!!

I have two Magic Butter, one I've used, one I won

It works good, but as noted, 2c minimum is a lot of oil, and I'll usually do two different oils, so a cup is better for me
Cleanup is kinda a pain but not a deal breaker
I've decarbed in it also, worked great since the oil get plenty hot

Still say instant pot, plus u can cook in it

I use mine to make RSO, then use it as a tincture, vape liquid, or straight under the tongue. I Decarb first in the oven. It does make it stronger. It’s a great product.

I was waiting for someone to post the word I wanted LMAO. Tinctures is when Decarb is required. I have also heard of washing the weed first before the Decard for even better tasting results.

I started using the wash even with the crock pot oil. It seems to work really well. You have to be careful that any trichomes that have been knocked off don't get dumped down the drain. I just make sure that the water flows through the leaf matter before it drains.

I put in a gallon jug and cover it with water. After just a hour or so the water is already dirty enough to drain. I normally rinse it 3 times over 24 hrs before doing oil. I don't know that is makes things better. I sure dump a bunch of dirty water down the drain. It definitely doesn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom