Male or female?

I see male..

A10E1535-82FE-4C1E-9716-D7A107A7B17A.jpeg

Hey @Sueet in my other thread "the marvelous misadventures of pot" my gf just had a photo that just refused to do anything for months and one day I saw male parts and it got the ax....

It was ran on 12/12 for like a month.. and I even tried to put in dark for 2 days... And nothing... Inadequate lighting (GE grow bulb)....cold temps by window... Random bag seed....basically doomed to start....
Doomed because of the conditions you mean? Bag seed isn't all that bad if you are not smoking garbage, it just may or may not grow with the same attributes as the parent plant. One way or the other it still grows weed.

Doomed because of the conditions you mean? Bag seed isn't all that bad if you are not smoking garbage, it just may or may not grow with the same attributes as the parent plant. One way or the other it still grows weed.
Oh I know bag seeds can be good but I got three mutants from seeds out of the same bag....and that's where that seed of the plant I referenced came from as well... So unstable genetics(friends home grown).... Ridiculously low powered light..... And cold temps from window... That's what I meant by "doomed from the start"..... But the plant literally grew like a stick and it took 4 months to show any sex.... Just my own personal experience.

Bag seed isn't all that bad if you are not smoking garbage, it just may or may not grow with the same attributes as the parent plant. One way or the other it still grows weed.

it has a much higher propensity to be a hermie. which if grown out to pollination will contribute to gene pool drift that is threatening long term cannabis cultivation.

a rogue outdoor hermie can ruin stuff for miles around.

it has a much higher propensity to be a hermie. which if grown out to pollination will contribute to gene pool drift that is threatening long term cannabis cultivation.

a rogue outdoor hermie can ruin stuff for miles around.
Sure, but we aren't talking about why hermies can be bad, we are talking about what causes slow development. A hermie plant will grow just as happily as any other plant in the right conditions.

Sure, but we aren't talking about why hermies can be bad, we are talking about what causes slow development. A hermie plant will grow just as happily as any other plant in the right conditions.

it's still a patently bad idea. just wait til you have to deal with the aftermath of a rogue. it's happening more and more now. it's worse as it's usually a plant someone else is growing that you have no control over.

it's still a patently bad idea. just wait til you have to deal with the aftermath of a rogue. it's happening more and more now. it's worse as it's usually a plant someone else is growing that you have no control over.
Sure, it's fine to say hermies aren't a great idea... but that has nothing to do with why a plant is developing too slowly, that's all I was saying. I'm growing seeds out from a stress herm and having no issues, so it definitely isn't all bad.

Still too early to tell about sex as the seedling is still growing with opposite, as opposed to alternating, nodes. The alternating nodes tell you when it is sexually mature, not calender days. Your plant is growing more slowly, and therefore taking longer to mature, because of cooler temperatures.

I grow in a cabinet and when temps slide down into the mid 70*F the growth really slows down. And speeds back up when temps get back above 80*F.

One more question. I just noticed this on one of my plants. Any input on this…
If you are referring to those darker green rings, those are just the plant shoring up the node at the trunk so it can support a larger and longer branch and then hopefully heavy buds. It's a good sign.

Well that’s good to hear but on my other plant it had pollen sacs for sure!! It was definitely a male and I chopped it down. I hated doing it. Cuz it was one of the oldest ones growing.
Sucks everytime lol but at least you got those autos off to a good start.

Yeah that shit sucked cuz I finally got a better look at the roots it had going and those were looking perfect!!! But those pollen sacs were so noticeable. I have another question…I know I’m probably really annoying. But why did that male plant smell so good?

Yeah that shit sucked cuz I finally got a better look at the roots it had going and those were looking perfect!!! But those pollen sacs were so noticeable. I have another question…I know I’m probably really annoying. But why did that male plant smell so good?
For me any question never bothers so ask away....but a journal would be helpful lol out of the 4 I grew...1 smelled like I hit a skunk with my car before it died of toxicity...the other 3 before Hermie smelled like "soap"....idk if that makes sense:hmmmm:... But to answer your question on the smell of your male... All weed plants will have a smell... The females and herms will smell stronger just due to the terp(myrcene) production.

When you say how many weeks, when did you start counting? It can take a week or two for a seed to sprout. Then up to another 1 or 2 weeks before it's first true leaf, the jagged edge ones. That is where you start counting. If you top a plant it can put all growth on hold for a week or two while it recovers. For example if you started the seed on feb1st it would be less than 8 weeks of growth. Only in optimum conditions could it mature in 6 weeks and show flower after a week of 12/12.

Male flowers don't start spewing pollen until they mature. You will spot them long before that happens since you are watching. Relax, you are in for the long wait. You do realize even if it flowers today you won't have anything worth smoking off it until July.

For me any question never bothers so ask away...
100% agree. That's how we learn, or at least shorten the learning curve. Sure, we could all read books and online articles, but the back and forth here is, in my opinion, much more valuable. One question asked and answered often leads to broader discussions and suggestions.

I learn stuff every day on here, and most of it is just me soaking in conversations and discussions that lead down various rabbit holes, many of which I find of interest.

Back
Top Bottom