Mandala Seeds Chill - OM - 2012

Necron99

Hi all,

This is my first grow. The strain is Chill-OM from Mandala seeds. I am growing this is a 3x2 ft grow tent, 2x125 watt CLFs. I have two plants in 3 gallon containers and Garden Time organic potting soild I picked up at home depot. The plants went through a rough patch right after sprouting and one of them died :( Could have been a lot of things but they seem to be recovering and growing nicely now.

I transplanted them 1 wk ago today. One set of photos is them in the white 3 gallon containers from today and the other from a week ago. The final one is right after they popped.

I'll post another update in a week or so. I plan on using LST on the taller, more sativa pheno.

Re: Mandala Seeds Chill-OM - 2012

Another week has gone by and the plants have grown. I am considering starting LST on the more sativa pheno. The shorter indica pheno already smells skunky.

Hey Necron! It looks like they have recovered well and are happy little plants now! Good job!
I haven't heard of that Mandala strain before, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I grew their Speed Queen a while back and was very impressed.
What kind of nutrients will you be using?

Thanks for checking in Lion. Your grows look amazing! I haven't started any nutes yet, I plan on using maybe FF nutes or some other organics when I switch to flower in maybe 2 weeks or so. Based on what I've read they should have enough nutes in the soil until then.

Thanks Necron. The FF nutes are good. I used them for quite a few grows, and had great results with them. You can probably get away with not feeding them for another couple weeks, but just keep an eye on them to make sure you don't see any yellowing of the leaves (nitrogen deficiency) before then.
Lots of luck on the grow. I'll be checking in as it progresses. And I'm sure many others will as well...usually the most interest in journals come during the flowering stage.

3rd update and some new pics. It has been really hot here and my A/C is not very good. I think the excess heat might be stunting the growth a little.

This is the more indica type

I tied down the tip of the taller sativa pheno with an old shoe lace.

4th update here. As Exile suggested, I re-tied the LST plant.

The plants look like they need some nutrients now. I just got a light timer on 7/3 and switched the lighting to 12/12.

One of the plants is showing signs of being a female :) Yay. My camera is not good enough to catch it at this point but there are some clear white stigma protruding from the top node of the more indica pheno plant that was not tied. I'll post some pictures of the plants tomorrow.

This is the 5th update.

This first plant is growing fast, seems bigger every day. Showining signs of being female so that is great! :)

Can't tell the sex of this plant yet. The growth of this one has slowed down a bit, might be that there are a lot of new stems growin up along the main stock. Can't really see them well yet since they are covered by the larger leaves.

Both plants are females. They are big, growing fast and looking healthy. I will post a photo updated on Thursday.

Here is another update, they are both coming along great.

Stopped training the one so, I'll just let it grow on from here. Here it is:

And this is the untrained plant, getting pretty tall

Hey, time for another update. Everything is still going well, been very low maintenance. I was going to add nutes but doesn't seem like they need them so I haven't used any yet. I think maybe the soil was a little too rich at first, and that is why I had some problems with my seedlings.

So, here is the LST'd plant, nice and low. TThis one was taller and growing faster than the other plan before LST, now look at the difference.

Here is the other one

Here is a little closeups of the flowers:

I can't wait for the buds to really start frosting up and filling out. I think it will start any time now.

Also, I'm using two big 125 watt CLFs, was thinking of getting some warmer temp bulbs for the rest of flower. Anyone know how much of a difference it would make?

No photo update this week. The plants look almost identical to last week. Slightly more resin production but otherwise nothing exciting. When will these buds start ripening and filling out?

Biggest regret at this point is not vegging these plants a few more weeks. I think the yield is going to be really small, maybe 1 oz for both plants combined. But it's all a learning experience and now I know to go a lot bigger on the next grow and make it worth my time and effort.

Ok, it is time for another weekly update :)

I think the plants are getting to the final weeks of ripening. They are begining to swell a little and some of the pistils are turning brown at the tips. I flushed the plants for the first time yesterday. I'm not sure if they needed it but I think it probably doesn't hurt the soil or the plant.

Plant 1

Plant 2

Back
Top Bottom