Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

So just thought I'd give ya all an update on the little auto run I'm doing to use up my last two Devil Creams. My recommendation for a 60cm x 60cm tent (inches is like 23.622inches2) would be 4 plants in 7L pots autos or 4 weeks veg for photo fems, I'm saying this because my tent looks and feels empty this time. Anyways, got the replacement 1L of Alg-a-mic from BioBizz yesterday they are a great company.

Replacement Bottle:
20161013_130709.jpg

Tent 10 days ago
04-10-161.jpg

Tent Today
20161014_075149.jpg
20161014_075204.jpg

Two Main cola shots
20161014_075220.jpg

20161014_075301.jpg

That being said I've also got another Basic tent kit from Aptus on it's way which includes a whole range of new products to test (also free of charge). My confedence in the Alg-a-mic has gone since the last two bottles turned brown so I'm still looking for a new organic cal/mag which Aptus does have. Plus I'm looking forward to having more control on exactly what N,P,K my plants are getting.
Aptus said:
Features of Aptus Tent Set Kit
Regulator: Ideal to strengthen the plant against any kind of stress, emphasizing greater water stress resistance to the attacks of insects and fungi. Regulates internal metabolism reducing internodal distances and reducing water needs by a 30%.
Startbooster: is a growth and root system stimulant together with activators of the mico life in the substrate.
Topbooster: It is a bloom stimulant producing more plant fibers, resins and sugars improving the end product with a higher yield of buds and end weight.
K-Boost: A flowering enhancer containing only Potassium, to increase separately the PK levels; for the second stage of flowering.
Pk-boost: Flowering enhancer containing high PK levels with amino acids 20 to 25, to increase the production of buds on a simple way.
CaMg-Boost: Organic concentrated calcium and magnesium for the phases when the plant requires more concentration of these secondary nutrients of main character.
Hope everyone's weeks are coming to a close nicely. Oh this weekend I won't be on at all got lots of work suddenly.

*side note: I will be slowly buying up all materials to start up another tent not sure on the size this time. But I'll be running it along side my other one. Not sure about which light either :Namaste:*

I thought that was a fish ...
So just thought I'd give ya all an update on the little auto run I'm doing to use up my last two Devil Creams. My recommendation for a 60cm x 60cm tent (inches is like 23.622inches2) would be 4 plants in 7L pots autos or 4 weeks veg for photo fems, I'm saying this because my tent looks and feels empty this time. Anyways, got the replacement 1L of Alg-a-mic from BioBizz yesterday they are a great company.

Replacement Bottle:
20161013_130709.jpg

Tent 10 days ago
04-10-161.jpg

Tent Today
20161014_075149.jpg
20161014_075204.jpg

Two Main cola shots
20161014_075220.jpg

20161014_075301.jpg

That being said I've also got another Basic tent kit from Aptus on it's way which includes a whole range of new products to test (also free of charge). My confedence in the Alg-a-mic has gone since the last two bottles turned brown so I'm still looking for a new organic cal/mag which Aptus does have. Plus I'm looking forward to having more control on exactly what N,P,K my plants are getting.

Hope everyone's weeks are coming to a close nicely. Oh this weekend I won't be on at all got lots of work suddenly.

*side note: I will be slowly buying up all materials to start up another tent not sure on the size this time. But I'll be running it along side my other one. Not sure about which light either :Namaste:*

I really liked biobizZ nutrients. Only ones I've really used getting on that organic goodness. Going to order the full set for the root booster and alg a mic next time

I'm technically a sales rep for mars as well :rofl::rofl:

Don't get me wrong I love my light but I almost did my research before hand to figure out which with the correct par value for my area. I would even go as far to say a 700w would of been a better yielding light for my area (only came to realize about losing 20% due to diodes/lens). Maybe that's why I'm shit at selling lights because when people ask me what light to get I tell them which light I would actually get.

Anyways I'll update my little grow shortly the plants have really taken off finally and stretch is well under way node spacing is a bit more this time but it's due to strain. If anyone wants honest answers about the mars lights please do not hesitate to ask here I'll be more than happy to answer your questions, if anyone has pictures or comments please share away.

I know Mr. Am4zing just brought his 400w to the max yields which mad reps for doing man :goodjob:

today's bud of choice is a sweet purple from paradise seeds, grown outdoors, plant ended up with around 200grams, it was dried for a week and a half in not the most ideal conditions but still a real nice heavy smoke with strong smell of blueberry
20161017_131830_1_.jpg

I'm technically a sales rep for mars as well :rofl::rofl:
Wow I wouldn't gone there, I just thought that you were a well informed consumer like me, but on that note do you see that Sara is losing her audiences trust? I think it was Jimdog that suggested that she take a step back and reassess what's happening before she tries to speak with an air of authority again about the products, but.... :thedoubletake:

Don't get me wrong I love my light but I almost did my research before hand to figure out which with the correct par value for my area. I would even go as far to say a 700w would of been a better yielding light for my area (only came to realize about losing 20% due to diodes/lens). Maybe that's why I'm shit at selling lights because when people ask me what light to get I tell them which light I would actually get.
I love mine too, my second panel was the R96 I then upgraded to the MII700 after a run using the R96 and a DS100 together. The biggest selling point for me though was the price, now it seems that Mars is going to price themselves out of this niche market in trying to complete with the big dogs.:whoa:

Anyways I'll update my little grow shortly the plants have really taken off finally and stretch is well under way node spacing is a bit more this time but it's due to strain. If anyone wants honest answers about the mars lights please do not hesitate to ask here I'll be more than happy to answer your questions, if anyone has pictures or comments please share away.
Will have to take you up on that offer, I have a auto GSC that's about a week into flowering and she looks real funky to me, 3 fingered leaves stretchy nodes leaf tips curling down. But other than that she looks healthy, Oh did I mention that she's in a Hempy bucket that's made up with stones, coco and soil on top?:icon_roll

I thought it was a good :idea: at the time

I know Mr. Am4zing just brought his 400w to the max yields which mad reps for doing man :goodjob:
Yeah I've just finished reading that thread and found it enlightening, I had been toying with Nugbuckets mainlining for over a yr and had even started to mainline two girls last summer '15 before we had a fire at the house, this is my first grow since the fire. I was thinking of trying it again with some Arjan's Haze #1, my first interrupted attempt was with a couple of Acapulco gold and Colombian gold seed but since I have more Arjan's I think I'll test myself with them first.:grinjoint:

:goodjob:
today's bud of choice is a sweet purple from paradise seeds, grown outdoors, plant ended up with around 200grams, it was dried for a week and a half in not the most ideal conditions but still a real nice heavy smoke with strong smell of blueberry
20161017_131830_1_.jpg

I love mine too, my second panel was the R96 I then upgraded to the MII700 after a run using the R96 and a DS100 together. The biggest selling point for me though was the price, now it seems that Mars is going to price themselves out of this niche market in trying to complete with the big dogs.:whoa:

I also bought a R96 because of the low price point, but have been looking at upgrading for a number of different reasons. There will always be a market for cheaper, entry level lights because so many people would like to grow to reduce their costs. Even if they move towards a more expensive set of grow lights further down the road, a cheaper light is something good to get your feet wet with and pays for itself after just 1 or 2 crops. Some new growers will buy their cheap, entry level lights, use them a few times and then decide that growing is not for them and they're still not going to be out of pocket too much.

I also bought a R96 because of the low price point, but have been looking at upgrading for a number of different reasons. There will always be a market for cheaper, entry level lights because so many people would like to grow to reduce their costs. Even if they move towards a more expensive set of grow lights further down the road, a cheaper light is something good to get your feet wet with and pays for itself after just 1 or 2 crops. Some new growers will buy their cheap, entry level lights, use them a few times and then decide that growing is not for them and they're still not going to be out of pocket too much.

I agree with you on all but one point, I always considered Mars products to be a very good mid-level entry point panel, I believe at last count that they had 5 bands of the light range that cannabis enjoys for terrific growth whereas the high end products had 7 and more including IR.

But if Mars fazes out the Series II models then those who are just entering the LED world would choose the low-end models and won't have a good picture of how LED's can out perform MH and CFL in overall cost and performance.

The new model Mars Pro II Epistar series,we will add more size,and the price will not be very high,and the light with better built-up than Mars II series.:high-five:
I agree with you on all but one point, I always considered Mars products to be a very good mid-level entry point panel, I believe at last count that they had 5 bands of the light range that cannabis enjoys for terrific growth whereas the high end products had 7 and more including IR.

But if Mars fazes out the Series II models then those who are just entering the LED world would choose the low-end models and won't have a good picture of how LED's can out perform MH and CFL in overall cost and performance.

Oh and they are 4 weeks and 3 days today :p I've changed up my water to doing one day additives and alg-a-mic and the next watering nutrients and additives no alg-a-mic no reason except trying new things out ^_^

Back
Top Bottom