Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi
SmokeSara Lets assume I am using too much water. Why do the plants grow with a CFL and not LED using too much water ?
Actually, I'm using a great deal of water, Im growing with a DWC ( Deep Water Culture)
I have limited time, I have given this light 5 weeks to show me something, it did not. I take it down and add a couple CFL's which I don't even have enough of, and see explosive growth. Maybe some of your testers will have better luck.

Hi Trewalker, do not worry, we are finding where the problem is, actually, LED grow light for grow is not a problem. you just need to find the right way. can you give me some grow details of yours?

yesterday I talked with my boss, finally three lights will go to Jon705,BID and Buckshot .but we'd like to get a full journal from small plants ,flowering, result. and teach others how to grow with LED, how growers should take notice. there has some difference among LED and HPS and CFL, so hope you can tell others. Jon705,BID and Buckshot, please E-mail me your shipping details, Light will be shipped out soon. the blue light, it is our new light, it will be ready next weekend, so it will ship from China next weekend. other two lights, we stock in USA, as soon as I can arrange, I will ship them out.

ah, forgot one thing, please tell me where will you grow the plants and how will you grow, then we can know which one is better for your grow. thank you.
IMG_20130704_205440.jpg
8017.jpg
13233.jpg

You just posted 3 lights, and none of them are like I bought from you. Different lights ??????? You should send out to the testers the lights that you actually sell. Bait and Switch................

these three lights are ours, we are selling them. you can go to our website, then you can find two of them. the blue one is our new product, we want one people to test for us, we want to know how it works, and where we should change. can you post what kind of light you bought from me? I did not check ebay,and I have no idea what kind of light you bought.

heres the specs and info on my lights.
Unit size: 25.5″x25.5″
Power: 595w (actual draw)
Amps: 5 amps on 120V, and 2.5 amps on 240V
Full Spectrum: Range of 420-750nm
Weight:36.6LBS.
Equal to 1000watt HPS
Coverage area: 48″x48″
Recommended for seedlings, clones, vegging and flowering plants.

Height above canopy:

1/4 power for seedling and cuttings @ 40″-48″ above.

1/2 switches on in veg: start the plants at least 48″ above vegetating plants and let the plants grow up towards the light.

3/4 switches on in beginning stages of flower: Start flowering plants at 40″-48″ above and let the plants grow up towards the light. Flip to full power once the plants get used to the intense light.

Always watch for bleaching and plant stress, if this occurs, back the light off a couple inches, or simply turn off a switch.

More Specs:

Current: 600mA
6 large and quiet 120mm fans
Finned aluminum heat sink
80 degree secondary optics
4 individual switches to control different parts of the panel.
Worldwide voltage AC 85-264v
Modular design, 1 circuit board per 15 LEDs, 1 power supply per 2 circuit boards.

Thank you for choosing me sara:Namaste:,I will do my best to test it out for you and give you the feedback you need to improve them. I would like the veg spectrum light, I need it for my new style of growing.That new light, are the diodes the ones with multipal chips? I ve heard mix reviews on them and that they put out alot of heat?

Hi Jon, our sepctrum is : 430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm(IR),White . it is also from 420~730nm, just we add some pcs white in the light. do you think that is the biggest problem? you grow very well, and the several pcs white make the plants only grow 1 inch after 5weeks. I think most growers grow 1inch only need 3~4days after sprout, right?

I may get trouble, but I want as many people as possible to see what going. Yea, it's the same company, they sent 2 business cards with the light, topled.com and lgledsolutions.com

Hi Jon, our sepctrum is : 430~440nm,450~475nm 620~630nm, 610nm,650~670nm, 720~730nm(IR),White . it is also from 420~730nm, just we add some pcs white in the light. do you think that is the biggest problem? you grow very well, and the several pcs white make the plants only grow 1 inch after 5weeks. I think most growers grow 1inch only need 3~4days after sprout, right?
Its hard to say Sara,maybe your ratio is off, are you sure your using real Epistar chips? the way I understand it is Epistar doesnt make a 3 or 5 watt chips only 1.5 watt.
Heres something the designer of my lights has on his site, when it comes to led diodes this guy really knows his stuff.

Let us start off with saying that we are in no way claiming to be the #1 best out there. Though we are claiming to be amongst the best out there.

We started our company in 2011 after a couple years of frustration dealing with other LED companies as customers ourselves.

We are curious about what makes the lights what they are, meaning spectrum, ratio, parts numbers, etc... We were lied to and given the runaround.
We wanted to create a company that people can go to and trust, and have lights with verifiable parts in them, with no secrets or lies.

If you're in the market to buy an LED lamp for growing, we suggest that you do a little research first. Check out the lamp you're interested in,
and see if it's legit or not. The first thing you should do is check out Alibaba.com and see if it's available there.

That is where dropshippers and resellers get their lights from.

If it's there, compare the specs between the two, and even the product pictures (a lot of dropshippers, resellers, and self-proclaimed actual
companies will use the same stock images from the Chinese seller). Next contact the seller you were interested in buying from and ask some
basic questions: 1) What is the difference between your light and this one I found on Alibaba? 2) Why should I buy yours instead?

You'll probably get a response saying "they may look the same, but they aren't, we use different parts", and "if you buy from China, they
probably won't honor any warranty if it comes up, we have a USA warranty, blah blah blah...."

You can respond to those answers with some follow up questions, 1) If the parts are different, what are the parts numbers? (if they put their
own parts in there, there will be a parts number, especially if there's any quality to it. 2) If you're buying from the Chinese company, that should
make them trustworthy, why would they honor a warranty for you, and not me? Chances are, neither place will make it too easy to cash in on warranties.

Another thing too look out for is "Epistar" and "Bridgelux" LEDs. If a company is telling you that they are using 3w or 5w Epistars, they are
lying to you. Epistar's most powerful red LED is 3v and 500mA maximum, which is 1.5w.

If they are telling you that they are using any LED in the 700-750nm range from Epistar, they are lying to you. The next LED after Epistar's (1.5w)
660nm color, is 840nm.

If they say that they use 100% Bridgelux and has colors other than blue or white, they are lying to you.

If they tell you that they are using Violet or Ultraviolet Epistar, they are lying to you.

If a company tells you that they're using Cree LEDs, and they are outside of 450-635nm, or 2200k-10000k, they are lying to you.
Cree does not make a 660nm!! Nor UV. Nor 12,000k white.

Another thing we suggest, is to compare pics. Look at the diodes in the sellers lamps, and look at the diodes on the respective diode manufacturer's
website. If they do not look the same, then they are lying to you.

Any info that do you do get from any company, verify it with a Google search. You'll be surprised at how many companies will just toss
some random numbers at you and say they're legit.

Do you want to buy from liars?

We use LEDs that can be verified with picture comparisons, parts numbers that are real, and we'll even show you our receipts from our Cree LED
purchase if you're still skeptical. And we guarantee that our lights can not be found on Alibaba, or any other Chinese sites.

Lastly, we are growers ourselves. We have hands on experience with LEDs. We have been using LEDs since 2009. We have been building DIY LED
panels since 2010. And designing commercial panels since 2011. We actively try to find better ways of doing things.

You can use this guide to buy from any company, not just ours. We highly suggest that you contact as many companies as you can, and ask them some
questions, call them out for lying if you catch them. As long as you let them continue to lie and sell who-knows-what, they will keep doing it.

Please just tell the truth, we can know what problems we have, then solve it one by one. Actually, I like it.
if I get banned for telling the truth, O Well, I can still sleep good.

? you grow very well, and the several pcs white make the plants only grow 1 inch after 5weeks. I think most growers grow 1inch only need 3~4days after sprout, right?

Where in my post can you show me where I made comments on the size plant I used from the beginning ? It was a 4 1/2 inch plant with multiple nodes. With clones added later

Back
Top Bottom