Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Smoking Sara,

Please consider me for one of your sample lights. I would love to try one of the TOP LED Grow Lights. I currently use one of your competitors lamps, a 720w reflector style. I have been an outdoor gardening my entire life. I started growing indoors the last few years. I don't consider myself a professional, Just an avid gardener. I think I am very qualified to do a grow test and grow journal for your company. My strains are Blue Dream and Afgan Kush. Both have 7-8 week flowering times so the results would be quick. I keep a perpetual grow so i have plants ready to flower all the time. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

18147.jpg

As to the switches, actually I do not think we need it. why we use a grow light? because we grow indoor and do not have sunshine. if we allow to growing outside, weather is good and sunshine is enough. the plants will grow very great. Natural sunshine can not change spectrum as we think, but still grow great. that is our goal. make simple light, and plants grow great. Simple light can make the cost come down.every people can afford it.

Here has one more reason that I do not want to use Switches. Compared with HPS or MH. LED is really expensive, that is the truth, we can not deny it. For example, you buy a 600w LED grow light, it has four switches for different stages.I agree four switches will not cost you too much more. but it means you can only use some of LEDs each stage, but not all. does it means you waste some LED? you cost too much money, but you can not use it all the time. that is not what we want. Save energy, save cost, grow great, envirnmental-friendly, these are what we want. Even our reflector lights has growth/bloom switches, they use both switches all the time.

hey King, get it, I will think about it. but the final decision, it will make by my boss. I will forward your information to him.
I would like to feature Topledgrowlight.com products in my upcoming grow journal for Pink Parvat seeds if possible. I am a legal medical grower and i have 4 years experience growing cannabis with many different methods. i am known to be quite helpful as well to other growers who need answers to problems. I have recently won Member Of The Month June 2013 which i am quite proud to have done, it was unexpected. i have a grow journal Here on 420Magazine as well in which i will be producing feminized cannabis seeds. i update my grow journal regularly with photographs and video. I would update a journal with your product with photographs and video, i also have a youtube channel i would feature your fine product in. I currently have 1x400 watt digital Lumatek ballast and 4x1000 watt digital Lumatek ballasts. I would devote one grow room to feature your fine product in.

My Grow Journal
KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

My Youtube Channel
KingJohn C

Member Of The Month June 2013
420 Magazine's Member of the Month - June 2013

Hi Techman, your plants looks good,I will forward your information to my boss for sure.

I think I know who is our competitors in your words. they copy our light, but they do not know we have patent on this. Actually, violating intellectual property is a big problem in China now. I am not sure what problem they will have. but I want others know that we are the only one who have rights to make this reflector showing on the patent. No matter how government will not shutdown our factory, but the factory who only copy others' lights, they have dangerous everyday.
20130705_165105.jpg
20130705_170053.jpg
20130705_165924.jpg
20130705_165924.jpg
20130705_165801.jpg
20130705_165605.jpg
Smoking Sara,

Please consider me for one of your sample lights. I would love to try one of the TOP LED Grow Lights. I currently use one of your competitors lamps, a 720w reflector style. I have been an outdoor gardening my entire life. I started growing indoors the last few years. I don't consider myself a professional, Just an avid gardener. I think I am very qualified to do a grow test and grow journal for your company. My strains are Blue Dream and Afgan Kush. Both have 7-8 week flowering times so the results would be quick. I keep a perpetual grow so i have plants ready to flower all the time. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.

18147.jpg

Here has one more reason that I do not want to use Switches. Compared with HPS or MH. LED is really expensive, that is the truth, we can not deny it. For example, you buy a 600w LED grow light, it has four switches for different stages.I agree four switches will not cost you too much more. but it means you can only use some of LEDs each stage, but not all. does it means you waste some LED? you cost too much money, but you can not use it all the time. that is not what we want. Save energy, save cost, grow great, envirnmental-friendly, these are what we want. Even our reflector lights has growth/bloom switches, they use both switches all the time.
well I cant speak for Epistar but my lights would kill a seedling if they were on full veg spectrum,as a cannabis plant matures it needs more and more light, when its a seedling it doesnt need much light or anywhere near as many spectrums, once its considered "in veg" it needs more light, early flower it needs more spectrums and then full power for the last month of flower.I did a side by side test comparing my lights to 1000w hps lights last round, I proved with that test that my lights are direct replacements for 1000w hps and that was using the switches.there was only a 3 ounce difference between my led plants compared to the hps plants, the hps plants had a total 3 oz more weight than the led plants but my led's cover a 8 x 8 area and my hps cover a 4 x 8 area, so tecnically my 600w led's are better than 1000w hps.For us growers its not just about getting good results, its also about making our grows as efficient as we can, having these switches and using them correctly means large power savings over a conventional grow or a grow with lights that dont have switches, why give a plant light that it doesnt need at that time? Its a scientifically proven fact that cannabis plants need different spectrums of light at different times of they're lives so why give it to them if they dont need it at that time?Yes I paid alot of money for my lights, but I got what I payed for, I would rather spend more money now to get quality lights that will save me alot of money in the long run because of the power savings, my lights also have a lifetime warranty and a 90 day moneyback guarantee, so after a full grow if I didnt like the results I could of returned them for a full refund, that was a huge selling point for me and probably just about everybody else that has these lights.You're asking us for input on how to make your lights more attrative to serious growers, well theres alot more too it than just growing nice plants, theres lots of decent lights out there that will grow quality weed, to make your lights shine above the rest they need to have all the bells and wistles and still have a great price.seeing as you are a factory that designs and builds your lights from scratch you should be able to put alot more features than other lights and still have much better prices than your competitors.
I guess what im saying is theres alot more to this bissness than just having lights that will grow a plant, if you want everybody to buy your lights over other companies they have to have all of the useful features of more expensive lights for less money, of course a light will be cheaper to buy if it doesnt have all of the useful features ....because it is a cheaper light.

Hey Sara,

Sorry to hear about the intellectual property problem, No one likes a legal battle. Unfortunately we have no way to know this information here in the USA. When shopping for lights there are so many companies making the same type it is difficult for us to determine who is the original manufacturer. If they did copy your technology then you guys did a great job! The light works really well. Unfortunately in business there are always those who "ride on the coat tails of others" I use to encountered the same problems when I had my business. (1989-2009) i was the leader in my field, yet there were always others who claimed they could do better, and the ones I trained who thought they could go out on their own and do better too.

I never worried about the competition, as long as I put out the best products for the best price and provided 100% customer satisfaction my faithful customers never wavered and the competition eventually disappeared....

yes, here in China, everyone copies, where can get money, they will go to there. But it is ok, we know how to make our own product, and they only know how to copy. we have advantages. we always walk before them.
Hey Sara,

Sorry to hear about the intellectual property problem, No one likes a legal battle. Unfortunately we have no way to know this information here in the USA. When shopping for lights there are so many companies making the same type it is difficult for us to determine who is the original manufacturer. If they did copy your technology then you guys did a great job! The light works really well. Unfortunately in business there are always those who "ride on the coat tails of others" I use to encountered the same problems when I had my business. (1989-2009) i was the leader in my field, yet there were always others who claimed they could do better, and the ones I trained who thought they could go out on their own and do better too.

I never worried about the competition, as long as I put out the best products for the best price and provided 100% customer satisfaction my faithful customers never wavered and the competition eventually disappeared....

Hi sara :)

Is it just the design that you hold the patent for or are your LED's different?

About switches and simplicity...

A seedling is shaded from the full sun.

As it grows through the undergrowth and matures,

It's leaves search out a way to the sun.

A mature plant receives full sun as it grows and flowers.

In Nature,

a plant gets more sun as the year progresses.

Can we not reflect this in our reflectors?

For our mini-years?

In our mini-gardens?

If not by switches or PC control, then how?

By height?

Hardly a luxury many indoor-gardeners can afford.

Thank you for becoming a sponsor and promoting discussion :)

A seedling is shaded from the full sun.

As it grows through the undergrowth and matures

Veg panels are higher in the blue range and do well... but I have vegged under full bloom LED panels and the plants loved it!

I want inexpensive panels... that means I don't want to pay for LED's that will be switched off unless they are cheap green and white "assist" lights for work and photography. I have veg and bloom rooms so panels with additional LEDs would never be fully used...or, I think I would turn them all on anyway!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm thinking a lamp that comes on and off like a dawn/dusk cycle. blue morning, white afternoon and red sunset...... timed to # of hours of daylight w/embedded software and wifi controller and camera.

Seems like it would be more natural for the plants

Back
Top Bottom