Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

BID you can get very tight node spacing with LEDs' these White Widow were vegged under LED
IMG_050915.JPG
IMG_050719.JPG
IMG_047018.JPG
IMG_047519.JPG
IMG_0489_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0486_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0496_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0497_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0494_640x480_.jpg
IMG_050915.JPG
IMG_0499_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0509_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0511_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0503_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0512_640x480_1.jpg
IMG_0518_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0529_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0568_640x360_.jpg
IMG_0569_640x360_.jpg

My panels have 4 switches for different stages of growth.The reason I want the veg light is im in the process of switching from a hydro set up to a perpetual supersoil setup, so I need more light in the veg room for one of the zones. Im planning on switching out all my hid lighting to led so I ll need some veg spectrum lights as well as flower spectrum but right now I need more light in the veg room:)

We are making red, blue, IR and white. our white is 2500~3500K. but not 6500K. we do not have green in the light. from other customers testing, they do not think green is necessary. how do you think about it? Actually, I'd like to add one or two green in the light.
For me the power of the panel is shown in the bud room. :cheesygrinsmiley: A budding panel should be high in the 630-660 range heavier on the lower end of that range. A small amount in the 430-460 range. A diode or two in the high range 740? or higher? and instead of a green or yellow maybe one diode, 6500k white?

How are your bloom panels laid out now?

Hi Harley, your light has UVB? we do not know which company is making UVB. 350nm? we only have UVA, and we did not use in our light.
My panel does both very well and it has UVB:peace:

i use uvb from a reptile bulb it hovers whatever plant is finishing first usually , i can think of some cool things a led panel could have that would interest buyers, a green light is commonly used to work on plants during the dark cycle,i use one,and a "photo" mode for taking pictures would be super useful, ,i mean if i were going to buy an led light right now and i found 3-4 lights with all about the same growth & flower ability but one had a greenlight work mode and a photo mode ,as long as it didnt cost much more that would be the light i would choose, also i have not heard of anybody doing it, so it would will big time cool points and be the most versatile and innovative light on the matket

We are making red, blue, IR and white. our white is 2500~3500K. but not 6500K. we do not have green in the light. from other customers testing, they do not think green is necessary. how do you think about it? Actually, I'd like to add one or two green in the light.

Green has been proven to be counter productive, don't use it!

i use uvb from a reptile bulb it hovers whatever plant is finishing first usually , i can think of some cool things a led panel could have that would interest buyers, a green light is commonly used to work on plants during the dark cycle,i use one,and a "photo" mode for taking pictures would be super useful, ,i mean if i were going to buy an led light right now and i found 3-4 lights with all about the same growth & flower ability but one had a greenlight work mode and a photo mode ,as long as it didnt cost much more that would be the light i would choose, also i have not heard of anybody doing it, so it would will big time cool points and be the most versatile and innovative light on the matket

:hmmmm: well there goes your million dollar idea! Sara, make sure BID gets a cut!!. I could see the use of inexpensive low watt green and white LED's to add to a panel to provide those modes.

Excellent idea BID

I spent a while going through this thread as i have been thinking about LEDs for a few weeks now short time but its my second grow now and have been thinking of making the move due to temps, costs, etc ( all the reasons have been stated here).

I have found this thread really interesting, informative, inspirational, hmm why so many i's, its awesome to see a company going right to the source or their market and getting info from them its epic. A point i found funny that Sara mentioned was that people don't like to buy things from china. That made me laugh, we all should know by now that most of the crap we buy has all been relabeled or was made in china. Sure now there's Great quality products and then there's the rips offs. I think with the interest that Sara has shown us in the past week or two is that this company really wants to have the best products out there on the market with prices that no western company could possibly compete with.

I grew up in the import export trade which my parents were in and have been to China, India etc, loads whilst growing up so i know the culture and the wow what a rant im gonna stop haha but what im trying to say i guess is that when people come together to create a product with each other then its going to work and both parties are going to be satisfied so i think what this Community along with TOPLED Growlight is awesome and I hope some of the suggestions are going to be implemented soon as i will be in the market for one in about September so TOPLED is my top choice now.

My mind will defiantly be made when i see these gifts being sent and used will really be looking forwards to that. Id say B.I.D and jon705 are looking good to be getting some early Christmas presents.

Anyways looking forwards to the outcome, also might have a friend which will be making his own indoor veg garden for his sandwhich shop and ive convinced him to get LEDs so he will be in the market for 4 or more when the time comes. Will convince him to get them from Topleds aswell. Aight thats all i had to say. peace. Keep the brainstorm going really interesting development going on.
oh damn and one more thing. Seeing as there are kinda like 2 types of indoor growers. the ones that have a dual setup of one veg area and one flower area, then theres the ones that dont have the space etc, that do both in one location.
as the costs are rather high atm for LED lights i would not afford to have 2 LEDS one for veg one for bloom so theres room in the market virtually for 3 different categories. LEDs for VEG only, LEDs for Bloom only, LEDs for both. That would cover all bases id say and with the higher life span on the bulbs the lights will cover their own costs in a few grow cycles. anyways.

:peace:
My two cents for now.

cool iput maxi, i have seen some dedicated bloom/veg leds they just looked crappy, in retrospect i do think the universal light is best some ppl like to flower with veg lights i use mh in my flower along with hps, i feel its best, i think what would be coolest is a max setting that basically has the led cranking out all the light it can muster,and not shutting down any of the veg leds (i dont know if thats even what they do) im just saying it would be cool

Well i don't know but it would make sense to have a MH with a HId as they are different spectrum's and i don't really see how having both spectrum's would be worse that having both would be more beneficial seeing as the sun doesn't have different light bulbs :p

As for the LEDs all i know from looking at different ones is that as said by jon i think is that there are ones where you switch different ones on according to their phase, then i saw that theres just one with veg and bloom switches and then theres the ones that just run at full out put and the only thing that will change is the lighting hours so yeah thats all that i have seen in the sense that we were talking about i think. dont know for sure but maybe Sara can shed some light on this when she gets back to work on Monday. (i dont mean no offence if you Sara are a he and not a she) just to make sure :p

Well said Maxi. this is the first ive seen of a company asking growers for input to improve they're lights. You got it right with complete veg/flower lights like mine.they are 600w actual draw with a core footprint of 52 inches by 52 inches at 28 inches from the canopy.I run 4 of these lights to cover a 8 x 8 area.flip the first switch for seedlings and the first 2 switches for full veg mode.In veg each light only draws 300 watts, so im vegging a 8 x 8 area with the plants right in the core footprint with 1200 watts total, the third switch is for early veg and then all 4 for full veg which I only use for the last 5 weeks of flower, basically each switch adds 150 watts so the power savings add up quick if you use a light like mine for veg and flower:)

by running mh&hps&uvb i notice a boost in resin production & turpenes, also it just makes sense to me to give them any flavor of light they like if the veg so nice under mh how can having that in flower be negative, i have seen ppl use hps for veg too & it worked fine, but since jdl was so nice and hooked me up with 2 ballasts 1 was a tester the other was at a deep deep discount im in a position to give my plants 1200 watts mixed spectrum! i give them free advertizing to this day, cuz for a digital hid they are the caddilac imho, i do the same for all sponsors i work with like castle & bpn, best of the best, i have a feeling its gonna be the same with topled saras hands on approach and open mindedness are a big deal to me:thumb:

I would like to feature Topledgrowlight.com products in my upcoming grow journal for Pink Parvat seeds if possible. I am a legal medical grower and i have 4 years experience growing cannabis with many different methods. i am known to be quite helpful as well to other growers who need answers to problems. I have recently won Member Of The Month June 2013 which i am quite proud to have done, it was unexpected. i have a grow journal Here on 420Magazine as well in which i will be producing feminized cannabis seeds. i update my grow journal regularly with photographs and video. I would update a journal with your product with photographs and video, i also have a youtube channel i would feature your fine product in. I currently have 1x400 watt digital Lumatek ballast and 4x1000 watt digital Lumatek ballasts. I would devote one grow room to feature your fine product in.

My Grow Journal
KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Member Of The Month June 2013
420 Magazine's Member of the Month - June 2013

Back
Top Bottom