Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Well, Thank you Sara and your company for choosing me. I have just read back and this will be very interesting.

s

Hi Jon, yes, all the information is right there. we are really use Epistar. we call 3w, it does not means draw power is 3w. here on the market, dimension is 42*42, we call 3w, bigger size, we can call 5w. As to the Epistar chip, red volatge is 2.2~2.4V, white and blue is 3.2~3.4V. we will drive the chip from 450mA~700mA, Epistar suggest us that the Max current is 700mA. the final current, it will depend on the led row pitch and heatsink. we need to test the light temperature, then make a decision.
From light specs, you can find that 3w light can drive to 1.5~2w per chip, and 5watt can drive to 2.0~2.5w, sometimes will be higher.
Another reason to affect the chip power. usually we count it like this: total power/LED quantity, actually, power supply will also affect. I am not sure if it is called"efficiency", our is 92%, so the real draw power is LED chip power/power's efficiency. high efficiency means high quality. but it will make the draw power come down. so when you order light, there has many things you need to check. if you are not farmilar with the product. you will not know.

ttly, lunch time, I am hungry, read too long English, it is a hard work, haha.

Clients will compare the price when they find product. if other company say their is 800w, while our is 450w, and our price is a bit higher,power is lower, I am sure clients will not order from us. it is hard for us to tell them they are comparing others Max power with our draw power. so we have to tell max power and draw power.

Hi Jon, if you want to know all the details and truth about the led grow light, please just E-mail me. A lie,if repeated often enough,will be accepted as truth. If I tell all the truth here. people will say something they got from internet.

What sort of delivery times does Sara offer?
I will be watching Jon 705 and buckshots led journal closely
Hopes for good results for u two :)

@Trewalker
Have Sarah came up with any sort of resalution for ur problem lights?
Would be good publicity to help solve a problem with a customer Sara

I am very skeptical so very interested in how Jon and buckshot get on

Good weed to everyone :)

yesterday I talked with my boss, finally three lights will go to Jon705,BID and Buckshot .but we'd like to get a full journal from small plants ,flowering, result. and teach others how to grow with LED, how growers should take notice. there has some difference among LED and HPS and CFL, so hope you can tell others. Jon705,BID and Buckshot, please E-mail me your shipping details, Light will be shipped out soon. the blue light, it is our new light, it will be ready next weekend, so it will ship from China next weekend. other two lights, we stock in USA, as soon as I can arrange, I will ship them out.

ah, forgot one thing, please tell me where will you grow the plants and how will you grow, then we can know which one is better for your grow. thank you.
IMG_20130704_205440.jpg
8017.jpg
13233.jpg

Good Luck Guys. Cant want to see the results. I can tell you now the reflector (green one) should work really well.

Sara, The blue light looks interesting, what are the specs on that one? and are there other sizes?

tricky business these led lights with the output being so specific ,seems like it could be difficult to make lights that are good for a wide array of plant species i know growing veggies different ones need different wavelengths to perform best some need light filtered thru a forrest canopy some need bright direct sun, ,i wonder if it will be possible to make led's full spectrum at some point rather than a very specific and narrow band, that would solve most issues and then the companies can concentrate on power output,efficienty,etc

Most led companies are trying to cater to the plant we are growing, I think they should figure out what spectrums work best with it and focus on getting as much output as they can with those spectrums. heres the specs on the new lights from the same company as my lights.
Fixture size: 13" x 22" x 2.75"
36pcs 5900k x 3.3v x 550mA
36pcs red+deep red 620-670nm x 2.4v x 550mA
73° optics
Flowering spectrum: 5900k, red+deep red 620-670nm
Flowering mode power consumption: 145w
Veg spectrum: 5900k
Veg mode power consumption: 85w
Flowering mode PAR: 12" below center = 1068 Umol'/s
Veg mode PAR: 12" below center = 664 Umol'/s
They are considered to be one of the best lights on the market right now and theres nowhere near 11 spectrums.They have been thoroughly tested growing cannabis with exellent results, my lights dont have uv or ir chips either and I get way denser nugs and way frostier nugs than the 1000w hps side hands down.

Back
Top Bottom