Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey everyone! I am just a few days away from purchasing a Mars II 1200. I plan on putting it in a 3x3 tent. I am looking for anyone who has used this setup combo. Am I going to have any heat issues with this big of a light in such a small space? Should I be safe and use a 6" inline fan (with speed control) vs. a 4"? or would a 4" be enough? I will be using soil, and I would say room temps are pretty stable around 72-76F
I am looking for responses from people that have actually used a 1200 in a 3x3.
Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone! I am just a few days away from purchasing a Mars II 1200. I plan on putting it in a 3x3 tent. I am looking for anyone who has used this setup combo. Am I going to have any heat issues with this big of a light in such a small space? Should I be safe and use a 6" inline fan (with speed control) vs. a 4"? or would a 4" be enough? I will be using soil, and I would say room temps are pretty stable around 72-76F
Thanks everyone!
Hi Growstrong, someone has used MarsII1200 in 3x3 tent. It seems heat is not a problem. But I still advise you to use 6" fan. MarsII1200 will produce some heat. Hope you will have a happy growing..

通过我的 HM NOTE 1S 上的 Tapatalk发言

Just thought I'd pass on some pics of past and present grows with Mars Hydro Lighting.
magic3.jpg
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
DSC004687.JPG
DSC004719.JPG
Thanks for the eye candies. Amazing!.

Happy New Year, Sara :partyboy:

Thanks everyone!

I have a Mars II 1200 in a 3 X 3 Gorilla Tent with a 4 inch exhaust fan - Grow Journal Link

A 4 inch fan will be fine with your set up, but you will also need an oscillating fan (tower type if possible)

Make sure you have a good carbon filter and keep your ambient temperature around 80F, if possible.

:goodluck:

I will have a phresh filter and exhaust fan, and am pushing for 80f. I think I am going to stay on the safe side and use an adjustable 6" exhaust to make sure. Summer is right around the corner.
Thanks guys.
I have a Mars II 1200 in a 3 X 3 Gorilla Tent with a 4 inch exhaust fan - Grow Journal Link

A 4 inch fan will be fine with your set up, but you will also need an oscillating fan (tower type if possible)

Make sure you have a good carbon filter and keep your temperature around 80F, if possible.

:goodluck:

Hey 420Friend nice to hear that !! Ehm i dont use any of these 2 .. Im using Reflector series .. But i defo know that the Pro series has a remote control ... whith that you can change the light intensity and other stuff ... you dont have that on the mars 2 ... so you can save even more energy with the MarsPro ...

Dont know if you have seen this but this might helps too !

Good Luck to you !!
Thanks !! I'm excited it should have come today but the fedex driver was a moron and couldn't find my house . So it'll be here tomorrow as long as he doesn't get lost !!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

I will have a phresh filter and exhaust fan, and am pushing for 80f. I think I am going to stay on the safe side and use an adjustable 6" exhaust to make sure. Summer is right around the corner.
Thanks guys.
Heat won't be an issue for you. It's a great light for the area your using. Should grow great. Like its been said 80s are your friend. And make sure cal and mag are on point.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

Thanks !! I'm excited it should have come today but the fedex driver was a moron and couldn't find my house . So it'll be here tomorrow as long as he doesn't get lost !!!

it will arrive safe and sound.

A few pics from my mars pro epistar 160 LED, so far the plants are loving the new light. i few things for next time around though will be keeping the light about 24 inches from the canopy and the light would easily cover more of a 3x3 area over a 2x4. cant wait till next round with the added experiance :circle-of-love:
IMG_230626.JPG
IMG_230419.JPG
IMG_230217.JPG
IMG_229714.JPG
IMG_227420.JPG

The admin over at thc farmer has asked Mars Hydro to start replacing these faulty lights or they are off the site. I suggest the admins do it here also.

1662932134259.png

6 moths old and "cant be replace"
I'm not soldering anything. I'm not taking it anywhere and hoping Mars Hydro gives me my money to get it fixed. I really dont want to take my LED grow light around town and ask people if they can repair it. Think about it.

What I will do is file a report with the The Better Business Bureau so other people are certainly warned. And warn as many people as I can like the 25400 followers on Twitter :)

A few pics from my mars pro epistar 160 LED, so far the plants are loving the new light. i few things for next time around though will be keeping the light about 24 inches from the canopy and the light would easily cover more of a 3x3 area over a 2x4. cant wait till next round with the added experiance :circle-of-love:
IMG_230626.JPG
IMG_230419.JPG
IMG_230217.JPG
IMG_229714.JPG
IMG_227420.JPG
Your plants look awsome ! What is the your tent size it's in. I'm pretty stoked the epistar 160 will be my first led ever !.
So you said keep it 24" over the canopy . All the time ?? Seedling thru harvest??

The admin over at thc farmer has asked Mars Hydro to start replacing these faulty lights or they are off the site. I suggest the admins do it here also.

6 moths old and "cant be replace"
I'm not soldering anything. I'm not taking it anywhere and hoping Mars Hydro gives me my money to get it fixed. I really dont want to take my LED grow light around town and ask people if they can repair it. Think about it.

What I will do is file a report with the The Better Business Bureau so other people are certainly warned. And warn as many people as I can like the 25400 followers on Twitter :)

I can understand your pain ! But like the 420 Friend said before ... Making threats is never good ! Even tho you are right it makes you look bad , atleast thats my opinion !! Im pretty Sure they will try to take care of this as best as they can ! Maybe 650Shelby helps you explaining how to fix it ! I think i even saw a video on how to do it with a mars hydro ! Good luck to you ! and ofcourse let us know how it turns out :)

re: Marshydro Service

Let me state first I have no relation with MH (except my previous ownership of 2x300W lights) neither do I gain anything from taking a side here.

Yes it sucks if LEDs burn out, I had that happen not long ago where first one LED burnt out and then within weeks making it four. Only in one fixture, the other 300W light never had a problem.

In my case however I fixed it myself by soldering, MH shipped replacement LEDs (one shipment took like 7 weeks) besides I found another source of those LEDs on ebay, from the UK.

While I myself don't think soldering the LEDs as being a big deal I can see that it is for other folks, especially for those who never soldered. Not everyone is an electronic nerd, guys, and soldering those LEDs can at times be a little finicky. Also know we're dealing with potentially dangerous voltages here.

* Rather than complaining about the burnt out LEDs (and YES, it sucks), consider your options.

So or so, you need to do something. Even if MH would offer replacement you would still at some point need to ship your light to China. (In my case this would be a joke since Spanish mail is insanely expensive). Having bought the lights for €90 shipped from the UK to Spain, I did NOT expect any warranty respective I knew what I was in for in case of a problem.

If you have a problem with the LEDs/lights...talk to THEM, ranting here won't do anything.

I hope that you can get the issue resolved. The best would be if they advance-ship a complete board with LEDs or a new light even (of course I don't know whether they do this), depending on whether you're still under warranty etc.

Please know there is currently a MAJOR holiday in China. I saw Sara replying on the THC farmer forum and she's doing that while away somewhere in the mountains on holiday, I just want you to know that.

If you DO decide at some point you want to solder the LEDs yourself, you can contact me, I can give you the address of the ebay vendor who sells the LEDs. (Or have MH ship the LEDs but it takes forever). Assuming you know how to use a soldering iron of course.

Edit: For myself, with a "cheap" €90 light some LEDs gradually burning out within 6 months wasn't a major deal (although annoying, of course) - but I can understand if someone is upset/angry when they bought a more expensive light. Of course LEDs shouldn't burn out after just 6 months, but, well, sh!t happens, especially if someone runs the lights in an environment like I do. (Outside, extreme summer heat etc.)

Very said, Mars should make right on what gone wrong with this person LED. Its not fair to a client who`s trust in a product and has to beg for his unit to be repaired..

Back
Top Bottom