Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Stoney! Good to see you back... Nice plants!

Hello Sarah :tape m'en cinq:
I own a box of 80/80/180 cm
I would like to plant 3 or 4!
March hydro what do you recommend?
March 400 watt It's good for my area?
thank you to advise me : Namaste:

So I took some clones of my WW and they are really nice sized and in day 4 of flower but when I try and bend over branches they just break they have no flexibility at all. Any clue as to why?

Hi!

At first you need to know THERE ARE NO "5W" Epistar chips. How the lights are labelled depends on how the LEDs are driven and how efficient they are. (As I understand, different bins of chips etc.)

This is where I got my replacement chips from, the "3W" Epistar chips:

59001.JPG

So you need to know what type you need, for my light I had to figure this out myself, there is Royal Blue, Bright Blue, Bright Red, Deep Red and Warm White. (When you make a photo of the lamps turned on you can with some luck see which LEDs are the Royal (Darker) Blue, Deep Red and Bright Red. It's subtle but it's possible to see).

*** When you solder, make sure you you have a good soldering iron. I had a soldering iron with a screw sticking out sideways from the top. I melted MORE LEDs in my pathetic attempt to solder than I fixed because I accidentally touched working LEDs with the screw. So I soldered in 4 replacements and while doing so melted FIVE others. Incredible pathetic, lol, fortunately I had enough replacement LEDs handy. With a DMM (digital multi meter) you can test the LEDs too. I had to replace ONE of those tiny zener diodes too - plus you need thermalpaste like Arctic Silver or better Arctic MX4.

So are you saying that the Mars ll 1200 I bought with 5w chips is a lie and only has 3w chips?

I think they are 5 watt because I find lots of 5 watt chips. Epistar even has a 5 watt uv led now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

I think they are 5 watt because I find lots of 5 watt chips. Epistar even has a 5 watt uv led now.

I know they are 5w. Lol I was just wondering why that was posted? Because it's not true and makes mars look like they lie. When Mars Is actually a pretty good company with some pretty good people that I don't think need to miss lead on a product they sell. No weather or not the chip is pushed to max 5w is diffrent. My sense leads me to feel that if you have a 5w chip and run it at 5w 100% you will be replacing a lot because burn out but if you run that 5w chip at 65-60% it will last longer and be more effective etc

So my next grow with my Mars ll 1200 will be Train Wreck Auto, Green Crack, and NYC Diesel auto. I will use my Mars ll 1200 and I am getting a mars ll 700 or maybe the pro epistar the little one. Not sure what one would be a better mix. So for light I'll have the 1200, and I think the 160 epistar

Nice future selection Stoney, I have the NY Diesel on my futures list as well, and my seed supplier has a good Sale on 420 (April 20th, which also happens to be my Birthday:thumb:)

A few pics from my mars pro epistar 160 LED, so far the plants are loving the new light. i few things for next time around though will be keeping the light about 24 inches from the canopy and the light would easily cover more of a 3x3 area over a 2x4. cant wait till next round with the added experiance :circle-of-love:
IMG_230626.JPG
IMG_230419.JPG
IMG_230217.JPG
IMG_229714.JPG
IMG_227420.JPG
Your girls look awsome . I just got my light and man is it freaking BRIGHT ! So what about seedlings would you keep it 24" even with seedlings ?

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

Just saying to anyone looking for a great first time auto strain I highly recommend LSD-25 from fast buds. I have 5 plants 1 blue mystic 2 lsd25 and 2 northern lights. All but the lsd 25 developed some slight issues along the way. But the lsd 25 is really thriving and the growth is extreme. And the purple color is amazing.

I just wanted to pass along thanks to your company for their quality products. Both me and a friend recently purchased Mars II Hydro 400 units and we have both been extremely satisfied. Excellent light output. Low power usage. Low heat. Wonderful all around. We are both only partway through our first grows, but the lights have already proven themselves wonderful.

Again, thanks.

Hey guys. heres a small update on my Dinafem white cheese grown in DWC at day 61 from germination of the seeds and the soil plant to the left are at day 37. Grown under 2x Mars Hydro reflector series 48x5

20160210_092147.jpg
20160210_092150.jpg

:Namaste:
Thanks for the updation. Very beautiful.

通过我的 HM NOTE 1S 上的 Tapatalk发言

Hello Sarah :tape m'en cinq:
I own a box of 80/80/180 cm
I would like to plant 3 or 4!
March hydro what do you recommend?
March 400 watt It's good for my area?
thank you to advise me : Namaste:
Hi DEMSO, MarsII 400 will cover 76x76CM at the height of 60CM. You can consider about MarsII700 which will be able to cover 80x80..

So are you saying that the Mars ll 1200 I bought with 5w chips is a lie and only has 3w chips?
Hi Stoney, we use 5w Epistar chip. The size is 45mil. 3w is of smaller size..

So my next grow with my Mars ll 1200 will be Train Wreck Auto, Green Crack, and NYC Diesel auto. I will use my Mars ll 1200 and I am getting a mars ll 700 or maybe the pro epistar the little one. Not sure what one would be a better mix. So for light I'll have the 1200, and I think the 160 epistar
I am looking forward to your next grow. next month our Epistar160 without remote will be available.

I just wanted to pass along thanks to your company for their quality products. Both me and a friend recently purchased Mars II Hydro 400 units and we have both been extremely satisfied. Excellent light output. Low power usage. Low heat. Wonderful all around. We are both only partway through our first grows, but the lights have already proven themselves wonderful.

Again, thanks.
Wow! I am with you!!! I just got the pro epistar 160 and I am not lying it WILL blind you if you look directly at it..
I've only had it for 1 day and just got the timer and things figured out I hope . There is a slight learning curve to the controller but man .. the panel just oozes quality! !! I ordered last Wednesday night and it would've been on my porch Monday if the fedex driver could've found my house .. so 5 days including sat and sun .. now that is freaking fast from over 8000 miles away.. I'm glad I decided to go with Mars hydro ... I'm excited to see what this panel can do. If it performs like I'm anticipating I'll be getting the epistar pro 320 and using this 160 for veg and the 320 for flower..
Sara I just want to say thank you very much you are so perfessional and polite and I'm glad we got to do business together and I look forward to doing more in the future ..
Hi DEMSO, MarsII 400 will cover 76x76CM at the height of 60CM. You can consider about MarsII700 which will be able to cover 80x80..

Your girls look awsome . I just got my light and man is it freaking BRIGHT ! So what about seedlings would you keep it 24" even with seedlings ?

yes i def would keep the lights at about 24 inches from seedlings and the intensity at about 50% blue/white to keep them short or 20% red, 30% blue/white to let them stretch a bit more. i love the lights so far man and cant wait until my next grow with it using coco instead of soil :circle-of-love: im hoping for at least 1 gram per watt

Hello Sarah
I do not own the budget for March II 700 w
vou think that 400W can do the trick, or it is not good
I already possesses an LED panel 300 w
with 400 W and 300 W it is good for my area?
what is the temperature of the 400 w?
thank you

Back
Top Bottom