Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Very said, Mars should make right on what gone wrong with this person LED. Its not fair to a client who`s trust in a product and has to beg for his unit to be repaired..

They have offered to fix his light, he refuses to use the warranty they have for the rest of us. He has no intention of sending them photos or paying the shipping we are all required to send it to a facility. He won't trouble shoot it or get someone else to trouble shoot it which is a real shame because it would already be fixed.

20160209_160845.jpg
20160209_160839.jpg
20160209_160633.jpg
Hi everyone been gone for a while wanted to post a pic of my grow under the Mars ll 1200. Alright so I will admit I was really nervous about the light penetration a few weeks ago but coming up on harvest I am happy with the undergrowth. I never said the light would not have good penetration but I did say I don't see how it will. I have about 3 weeks left till I harvest all my number 1 white widow is already being flushed and will come down on the 20th. The other 3 will go for another 2 maybe 3 weeks. The number 1 is a diffrent pheno It will not yeild as much as the others but the smoke I'm sure will be super dank. I am looking a pulling around 600 grams dry if I compare to past grows which is more then I was going for (300-500 grams dry.) I will say I believe it is due to a awesome led light my Mars ll 1200. So i apologize if I may have offended anyone with my last post a few weeks ago.

20160209_160845.jpg
20160209_160839.jpg
20160209_160633.jpg
Hi everyone been gone for a while wanted to post a pic of my grow under the Mars ll 1200. Alright so I will admit I was really nervous about the light penetration a few weeks ago but coming up on harvest I am happy with the undergrowth. I never said the light would not have good penetration but I did say I don't see how it will. I have about 3 weeks left till I harvest all my number 1 white widow is already being flushed and will come down on the 20th. The other 3 will go for another 2 maybe 3 weeks. The number 1 is a diffrent pheno It will not yeild as much as the others but the smoke I'm sure will be super dank. I am looking a pulling around 600 grams dry if I compare to past grows which is more then I was going for (300-500 grams dry.) I will say I believe it is due to a awesome led light my Mars ll 1200. So i apologize if I may have offended anyone with my last post a few weeks ago.

Looking good, every one of us been in the same position wondering, that final burst has caught us all pleasantly surprised.I can't wait to see what you produce over the next few grows.Very nice grow, good luck

20160209_160845.jpg
20160209_160839.jpg
20160209_160633.jpg
I sure am glad to see an update from you buddy. Missed seeing your plants. They are looking so good. Mine are getting there. I have about a month left, out of 5 I have one bad pheno that's slower growth. Glad to have you back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

IMG_20160209_172523.jpg
IMG_20160209_172545.jpg
IMG_20160209_172613.jpg
IMG_20160209_172603.jpg
IMG_20160209_172556.jpg

They are getting bigger and fuller. I'm excited to finish this grow.

They have offered to fix his light, he refuses to use the warranty they have for the rest of us. He has no intention of sending them photos or paying the shipping we are all required to send it to a facility. He won't trouble shoot it or get someone else to trouble shoot it which is a real shame because it would already be fixed.

They have not offered to fix my light.
They offered for me to fix my light.
I have sent photos. Same ones that I posted in this thread.
I will not pay for shipping for a new light. Just sending me a new led board would be great and I would pay for shipping to send old one back. This was not a option.
Troubleshoot? The lens are burnt. Troubleshoot what?

I sure am glad to see an update from you buddy. Missed seeing your plants. They are looking so good. Mine are getting there. I have about a month left, out of 5 I have one bad pheno that's slower growth. Glad to have you back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

I'm looking forward to lol. Glad to here everything is going good with the grow.

:circle-of-love:Will be on holidays from 6th to 14th, but will ship orders from warehouses, orders needed to ship from China will not be available, so that is to say, order for Mars Pro series is not available for shipment.:Namaste:

And also since we don't have VPN on our pc so for repair we will try our best to handle but fear that the repair process and parts shipment will also be delayed during this time, hope this won't affect badly, truly sorry for the inconvenience.:love:

Happy growing my friends:cheer:

Happy Chinese new year! Enjoy the festivals

They have not offered to fix my light.
They offered for me to fix my light.
I have sent photos. Same ones that I posted in this thread.
I will not pay for shipping for a new light. Just sending me a new led board would be great and I would pay for shipping to send old one back. This was not a option.
Troubleshoot? The lens are burnt. Troubleshoot what?

They offered you the very same deal I got when I had to either send my light out for repairs or accept the parts and repair it myself.Watch the video on you tube for troubleshooting and repairing it your self. You could have repaired 30 lights by now without trying to rewrite a warranty. If you need the video just ask and I will post it for you.Either way good luck and have a good grow.

Hey Flexy, Have you found any good 5 watt leds chips on ebay, Thanks.

Hi!

At first you need to know THERE ARE NO "5W" Epistar chips. How the lights are labelled depends on how the LEDs are driven and how efficient they are. (As I understand, different bins of chips etc.)

This is where I got my replacement chips from, the "3W" Epistar chips:

59001.JPG

So you need to know what type you need, for my light I had to figure this out myself, there is Royal Blue, Bright Blue, Bright Red, Deep Red and Warm White. (When you make a photo of the lamps turned on you can with some luck see which LEDs are the Royal (Darker) Blue, Deep Red and Bright Red. It's subtle but it's possible to see).

*** When you solder, make sure you you have a good soldering iron. I had a soldering iron with a screw sticking out sideways from the top. I melted MORE LEDs in my pathetic attempt to solder than I fixed because I accidentally touched working LEDs with the screw. So I soldered in 4 replacements and while doing so melted FIVE others. Incredible pathetic, lol, fortunately I had enough replacement LEDs handy. With a DMM (digital multi meter) you can test the LEDs too. I had to replace ONE of those tiny zener diodes too - plus you need thermalpaste like Arctic Silver or better Arctic MX4.

I had my mars II 400 have few led's go out and I talked to them and not only did they say they would fix it for me but they also paid for shipping to them and back too me I had my mars II 400 for about a year by the way

so how is everyone doing? I had a great first year growing April 2016 will be the start of my second year and I have learned so much from my fellow growers here on 420 mag I hope you all are having a great start to this years growing and thank you mars hydro for such great products my plants just love them I cant wait until the light bars come out

0101387.JPG

Hi!

At first you need to know THERE ARE NO "5W" Epistar chips. How the lights are labelled depends on how the LEDs are driven and how efficient they are. (As I understand, different bins of chips etc.)

This is where I got my replacement chips from, the "3W" Epistar chips:

1 - 30 pcs 1W 3W High Power LED without PCB - Grow lights aquarium Heatsink | eBay

So you need to know what type you need, for my light I had to figure this out myself, there is Royal Blue, Bright Blue, Bright Red, Deep Red and Warm White. (When you make a photo of the lamps turned on you can with some luck see which LEDs are the Royal (Darker) Blue, Deep Red and Bright Red. It's subtle but it's possible to see).

*** When you solder, make sure you you have a good soldering iron. I had a soldering iron with a screw sticking out sideways from the top. I melted MORE LEDs in my pathetic attempt to solder than I fixed because I accidentally touched working LEDs with the screw. So I soldered in 4 replacements and while doing so melted FIVE others. Incredible pathetic, lol, fortunately I had enough replacement LEDs handy. With a DMM (digital multi meter) you can test the LEDs too. I had to replace ONE of those tiny zener diodes too - plus you need thermalpaste like Arctic Silver or better Arctic MX4.

thanks for the great info! I have never used a soldering iron but I did build my computer so I know how to use thermal paste

I have a total of six Mars Hydro lights and have had a few grows with them using various models and different methods of growing. When they first came out i'll admit I bought in to the hype. The 1200s were originally marketed to cover something like 4.6x4.6 and replace a 1000 watt hps. This was complete malarky and WAY overstated its abilities, in my experience the 1200s struggle to keep up with a 600w hps and seems at home in about a 3x3 tent. Despite all this ive been mostly satisfied with them for what they are....cheap led lights for small grows. I have the marsII 1200s, 96x3 reflectors and the old-school 100x3. Each has served its purpose through different stages from clones to veg and flowering. For veg i think the lights are great and have seen results that surpass t5's and are at least as good as mh. When it comes to flowering, the results IMO still leave something to be desired. Ive had decent harvests with the 1200s, and so-so harvests with the reflectors. I've never had an issue with burnt out leds or any other problems with the light working, and for that I am thankful. If I was to purchase these again i would get the size lights I need for veg and skip buying any for flowering. My experience may be different from many on here, but for me these leds have not come too close to what hps can do, and are a long way off from DE HPS. I am by no means saying people should avoid these lights, quite the opposite. Just know what youre getting before dropping some coin.

TwoCloudsUp nice solid personal review and opinion.

I personally do think the final taste and smell somehow are better under the leds then they were back when i used 600w hps that might also just be be course i made a massive downsize and i put more effort into my few plants in a 200w bloom closet then i did my 1200w bloom room + full time work at night + a lot of overtime at work back then.

And i do totally agree with you on a commercial scale i think they have a hard time still competing with hps especially double ended. Hps does have a way better spread capability and if hang corrected you can easily produce good crop inbetween the lamps actual prime footprint also. that ability is lacking with the LEDS. making them inferior as a total commercial solution IMO but for personal small grows as you state they are pretty damn awesome. And i am sure a lot of people still run a good solid medical business from LEDS solely in their grow operation.

i also find the smell from plants while growing under LED and not HPS not to stink ones apartment up as much if not using a carbon filter. and thats nice when my family are visiting they don't mind me using it at all they just don't like the smell as much as i do. i love the sent of dank in the morning tho :)

And then there is the heat print aspect in it. i THINK they are more easily hidden to heat print searches from authorities. compared to hps mayby if that is an issue?

Back
Top Bottom