Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

FranticFred, I can tell u now that the old model 300w is an amazing light for the price, I got mine for $139.99 shipped, went from a 2000w hps/mh setup to cfls due to high temps, that light has done absouletly amazing compared to either hps/mh or cfl, look at my posts a page or so back, I have an auto under the 300w growing inches both in height and width daily, it's been amazing! I have both the MarsII 400 and the reflector 96x3w lights brand new still in the boxes, I am eger to hook em up but being the 300w old model is doing so good I have left them sit in the box for now, I would recommend any of the 3 lights but if u like me n only grow few for personal use I see the 300w would do great on its own, and for the price it simply can not be beat! I will never use hps/mh again and cfl only for starting seedlings :) and I figure if the light does only last a year or so, still I spent less than what a years supply of bulbs cost for hps/mh!

Received my light today as well. Do you no longer receive vouchers for you next purchase.
There where none in my box.

You can have mine, I got around $120 worth

All my lights come with coupons but the codes don't work, I don't see this as a very big deal as the lights are selling for a awesome price compared to all others.

My plant has went from this
image8037.jpg

To this
image8108.jpg

In just 22ish or so days, it's been the most vast growth I have had in any plant grown indoors so far!

That is beautiful Alex, so for the tight budget minded, what would you suggest for me? I have a 4x4 tent, currently using CFL's.
I am just starting a new grow, so I would like to add a few things to I can experiment.

Thanks for your time!:Namaste:

FranticFred, I can tell u now that the old model 300w is an amazing light for the price, I got mine for $139.99 shipped, went from a 2000w hps/mh setup to cfls due to high temps, that light has done absouletly amazing compared to either hps/mh or cfl, look at my posts a page or so back, I have an auto under the 300w growing inches both in height and width daily, it's been amazing! I have both the MarsII 400 and the reflector 96x3w lights brand new still in the boxes, I am eger to hook em up but being the 300w old model is doing so good I have left them sit in the box for now, I would recommend any of the 3 lights but if u like me n only grow few for personal use I see the 300w would do great on its own, and for the price it simply can not be beat! I will never use hps/mh again and cfl only for starting seedlings :) and I figure if the light does only last a year or so, still I spent less than what a years supply of bulbs cost for hps/mh!

Thanks Alex.I actually have read your posts...sometimes I just need a little reassurance.<grin>.I sure hope these lights don't fail after a year,I'm having a hard enough time deciding on what to buy already..(but I think I'll spring for the old 300.)

That is beautiful Alex, so for the tight budget minded, what would you suggest for me? I have a 4x4 tent, currently using CFL's.
I am just starting a new grow, so I would like to add a few things to I can experiment.

That's the hard part Pinky,finding a light that will fit the whole area for a person on a tight budget.Me?I have the same basic area to cover.I think I will try to cobble up a rudimentary light mover.Maybe have a friend go to Goodwill and find an old chicken rotisserie (George Forman style) or something similar and try to modify that.If the light is hung at any height at all,then the light would not have to move much at all....just thinking out loud.

Good news, we have another shipment just arrive at San Francisco, and it has some mars II400w. so FranticFred, you can order now, I will not charge extra shipping:)

thank you for sharing with us Dennise. grow happy:)
My light got here today Sara. Got it in 4 days! Glad to see things are back to normal. :circle-of-love:

I would suggest the old 300w model for any budget minded grower but for a 4x4 area it wouldn't cover it on its own, but u could simply add cfls n it'd do great. But then for just $49-69 more u could get the reflector or even marsII, it's a hard choice I know! I moved my old 300w to a 2x2 dr60 tent yesterday its perfect for that space, and hung my reflector 96x3w in my 3x3 dr90, I had planned to also hang the MarsII 400 in the dr90 but the reflector seems to be more than enough light being I have just the one auto and 3 seedlings, so the MarsII is still in its box. Figure I may actually switch the 2 out between grows/growth phases in my dr90. The dr90 tent is for autos and vegging a photo or 2 each grow, the dr60 and the 300w old model led will flower the photo strains.

Thanks Alex.I actually have read your posts...sometimes I just need a little reassurance.<grin>.I sure hope these lights don't fail after a year,I'm having a hard enough time deciding on what to buy already..(but I think I'll spring for the old 300.)

That's the hard part Pinky,finding a light that will fit the whole area for a person on a tight budget.Me?I have the same basic area to cover.I think I will try to cobble up a rudimentary light mover.Maybe have a friend go to Goodwill and find an old chicken rotisserie (George Forman style) or something similar and try to modify that.If the light is hung at any height at all,then the light would not have to move much at all....just thinking out loud.

If u go with the old 300w u will not be disappointed, I really expected less out of this light but thought if it did just a bit better than cfl then it's all good, never expected to get such vast growth as I have had.

I was looking at the 300w as a supplemental light. Actual watts used per $ spent its their best deal. If I was on a very tight budget that's the light I would get...

140$ for a 180 watt light. Another thing I like about that light is it appears to have more white diodes than most of their lights of similar size

As of last night, I noticed that the website has a $50 shipping fee for the Mars II now, while the reflectors are still shipping free to U.S., so that difference might affect one's decision on whether to get one or the other. I'm guessing that the $50 fee might be temporary, but it might well be true that the reflectors, too, will go up once the local supplies run out. We'll see.

As of last night, I noticed that the website has a $50 shipping fee for the Mars II now, while the reflectors are still shipping free to U.S., so that difference might affect one's decision on whether to get one or the other. I'm guessing that the $50 fee might be temporary, but it might well be true that the reflectors, too, will go up once the local supplies run out. We'll see.
Sara posted earlier that the Mar II 400 is in San Francisco now and that they can be ordered with no shipping charge to the USA...

So I have hung my 96x3w in my dr90 tent and moved the old model 300w to my dr60, I was also going to put the MarsII in the dr90 but might be a little much so she is still in the box, my first impression of the Reflector series is just wow, it's the lightest in weight of any of the 3 lights I have, I really like the switches and the spectrum change between veg and bloom is rather awesome, I have my seedlings and my flowering auto under it now on the veg setting and the seedlings like it better than 300w and the auto is just growing regardless.. I can't decide now what to do with the MarsII, I was originally gonna have the reflector and MarsII in the dr90 tent which is for growing mainly autos and vegging a photo strain here and there, the dr60 is for flowering the photo strains and planned to have 300w in there for that but wondering if maybe should stick the 300w in the dr90 n the MarsII in the dr60, it's a 2x2 space so that may be much to much for that, what y'all think? I could just run the 300w in the dr60 n reflector series in the dr90 n have my marsII for backup? The marsII is very heavy and I am reluctant to hang it in either tent.

yes, we just arrived hundreds lights and next shipment will arrive in the middle of April. so we will out of stock from 15th,March to 15th,April. so if you want to order lights, please order ASAP, or you have to wait or cost more. thank you all.
Sara posted earlier that the Mar II 400 is in San Francisco now and that they can be ordered with no shipping charge to the USA...

Back
Top Bottom