Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Happy Weekend everyone!:green_heart:
1547261723474.png

I didn't want to mention it before @Dutchman1990 received his kit, but a benefactor (who shall remain nameless) helped me obtain two SP 150 lights when they had to be ordered directly from China, and I have received mine, too. I'll be starting some seeds soon, and will create (and maintain) a grow journal thread soon after they "break ground." My first journey with Mars-Hydro lights will be an autoflower grow.

I had thought of using lesser lights (CFLs and/or tube type fluorescent bulbs) for the initial seedling phase, but I may end up using ONE SP 150 for the purpose, instead. While it is true that a few tiny seedlings do not need that much light, it might be that some people who are interested in the SP 150 and/or SP 200 would appreciate seeing them used in all phases of the cannabis plant's life cycle.

What are your thoughts on this, folks?

...personally, I lean to cfl's/flourescents to start, just to minimize stretch, cause Yer' gonna have that light pretty high...but...I get where Yer' coming from...just seems a bit of waste of power, and at your place, might be nice to plug the toaster in before lights out for a bit...;):rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

Yeah, the wiring isn't getting any better :rolleyes: . That's certainly a valid consideration. If not the toaster, the sump pump for sure - lumping five-gallon buckets of water every little bit gets old fast. Let's see, for every 6¾ hours I run ONE of them, that's one hour that I won't be able to afford to not wear a coat ;) .

We'll see. Actually, I'd kind of like to see how close I can get one of the lights to the seedlings without harming them. Unfortunately, my only real way to do that is the standard "keep going until you break something, then back off one notch" :rolleyes: .

...personally, I lean to cfl's/flourescents to start, just to minimize stretch, cause Yer' gonna have that light pretty high...but...I get where Yer' coming from...just seems a bit of waste of power, and at your place, might be nice to plug the toaster in before lights out for a bit...;):rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:
I also heard from our growers those who got lights already that our SP is kinda strong, especially for the SP 150 don't use the meanwell driver, so cannot make it dimmer; During the very early stage, cfl might be a good choice. :Namaste:

Yeah, the wiring isn't getting any better :rolleyes: . That's certainly a valid consideration. If not the toaster, the sump pump for sure - lumping five-gallon buckets of water every little bit gets old fast. Let's see, for every 6¾ hours I run ONE of them, that's one hour that I won't be able to afford to not wear a coat ;) .

We'll see. Actually, I'd kind of like to see how close I can get one of the lights to the seedlings without harming them. Unfortunately, my only real way to do that is the standard "keep going until you break something, then back off one notch" :rolleyes: .
Better higher ~ maybe during the early stage, just using one of the light? And hang it above 30'' ; We will see. :Namaste:

Happy werkend Sara :) beautiful shot!
I'm starting up soon as well. :yahoo:
Finally, after almost 2 years off.
Hi AngryBird, that is great to know you will start again! please tag me when it is on! :cool: The beautiful photo is not taken by me or any customers of ours, we found this online, thought it was beautiful, haha! Hope you like it! :green_heart:

What strain is this ? Great picture nice red trichomes Must be a red straun
Hi safeman, thanks for the like, I don't know what strain it is, because I found this beautiful pictures online, it was not from our customers, I just thought such a beauty should share, :D :passitleft:

Hope you all had a great weekend, and I am back! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon: I believe this week could be awesome! Since we will have more updates to come :passitleft:
1547427568843.png

Grower's original words: :theband:
" 1st harvest after swapping too mars led 600w and also 1st time using coco coir and autos. So many changes at once but seems to have worked out okay. Tran Siberian auto is super frosty and smells beautiful. Can't wait to try her after she is dry and cured "

1547430277320.png
1547430234592.png

Grower's original words: :theband:
" 1st harvest after swapping too mars led 600w and also 1st time using coco coir and autos. So many changes at once but seems to have worked out okay. Tran Siberian auto is super frosty and smells beautiful. Can't wait to try her after she is dry and cured "

1547430277320.png
1547430234592.png
Nice plant! Frosty buds!
Mars Pro II 160 and reflector 144 mixing in a room. ;)
1547430400636.png
1547430432236.png

More lights anyone? Haha

Is that the 3x3 and sp-150s?
Yes, and he was not tester, but our old customer who bought them the very beginning when it was released. haha! And insist to pay more to ship from China directly. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom