Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I would suggest the old 300w model for any budget minded grower but for a 4x4 area it wouldn't cover it on its own, but u could simply add cfls n it'd do great. But then for just $49-69 more u could get the reflector or even marsII, it's a hard choice I know! I moved my old 300w to a 2x2 dr60 tent yesterday its perfect for that space, and hung my reflector 96x3w in my 3x3 dr90, I had planned to also hang the MarsII 400 in the dr90 but the reflector seems to be more than enough light being I have just the one auto and 3 seedlings, so the MarsII is still in its box. Figure I may actually switch the 2 out between grows/growth phases in my dr90. The dr90 tent is for autos and vegging a photo or 2 each grow, the dr60 and the 300w old model led will flower the photo strains.

Hi!

Do you think the old 300w would be good enough for a 4x2x4? 2 plants in fox farm and 2 gallon air pots.

Hi!

Do you think the old 300w would be good enough for a 4x2x4?

"We suggest you to use 400w light to cover one square meter area for veg stage and use 600w light to cover one square meter area for flowering stage."

This is something I pulled from the ebay store.
Not sure if it is accurate.

I am not sure if they are talking actual watts though, as in the mars II 700 is only 350-380 watts but from what I am seeing it will easily see a few plants through!

Freiya have you already ordered?

Hi Freiya... Would it work... Most likely but I would think you would need addition side lighting to get the coverage you will need. I pretty much agree with Alex that if you simply add some cfl's to the mix and make sure you have coverage you could make it work.... I have a Mars II 400 in a 24"x24" Top Led tent and it is more than enough light so I don't have to supplement and I don't think you would have to supplement a 48x3w but 2'x4' is a harder footprint to cover unless you go to the 96x3w reflectors. That would be the perfect light IMO......:circle-of-love:

Ouch. I guess I should have did more research before I ordered. ;(

I don't even know if my light has shipped yet though as I ordered it the day before yesterday but I haven't gotten any email with shipping info. This is really depressing.

So even for just 2 plants that light wouldn't be enough by itself?

I was planning to do 2 plants (autos) in 2 gallon air pots

I am sure it will work I just think with a little push from some cfl's it might work a bit better. If that is what you have you can make it work for you. Don't second guess yourself. It's done... Try it and see how well it works the first round and if you think you could get more out of a plant try adding a cfl or 2. No biggie... You will be fine....:high-five:.....:circle-of-love:

I am sure it will work I just think with a little push from some cfl's it might work a bit better. If that is what you have you can make it work for you. Don't second guess yourself. It's done... Try it and see how well it works the first round and if you think you could get more out of a plant try adding a cfl or 2. No biggie... You will be fine....:high-five:.....:circle-of-love:

lol thank you, you actually made me feel a bit better. I will go ahead and just use what I got for the first time around and if it doesn't work as well as I'd like I'll just buy some cfl's or even get a cheap ufo led or something to add to it. At least by then I will have some more money to spend.

I don't even know if my light has shipped yet though as I ordered it the day before yesterday but I haven't gotten any email with shipping info. This is really depressing.

Freiya, dont get down, that light will do fine, I just finished 2 plants under 167 watts of cfl.(roughly same size room you are working with) I have been smoking daily for 10 years and I am happy with the amount and the quality.

Otherwise try and get in touch with Sara, she might be able to help you change you're order, from what I have seen this company is determined on making the customer happy

Also have a look at Dennise's journal, its an excellent source for information on LED's and she is very helpfull =)

I am getting a grow tent..probably 3x3x7 or 4x4x7...what would be the best LED for that setup and what is the difference between reflective led and the regular leds on your site.

Hi, Burning! you can email me!:love::high-five:
Hello everybody:))
I just registered to this forum and I am also a newbie on my 2nd grow. I am interested to step it up with my third grow. I have seen that you grow very successfully with these led panels and I have learned a lot so far from you all. I also like how Sara takes care of things and that most of you are very happy with the lights. Here is the deal.

I 'd like to supplement my 2 5x5 flowering tents equipped with 600 w hps with led. I was thinking adding 4 old style 60x3 leds to the corners/sides of my tents. I am also open to replace the hps completely as money is available. Maybe replace the 600w HPS in one tent with 5 mars 2 400 w panels and supplement the 600 w hps in other tent with 4 of the reflectors 48x3 or the 60x3 old style panels. Maybe do a side by side with the same strain.

I also have one 4x4 veg tent with a 4 foot 8 tube t5. I'd like to replace that or add to it. How would 4 of the 48x3 would work in that tent? Or supplementing the t5 with a couple of the 48x3. My veg tent has a lot of stuff going on (different stages, strains, height) and having flexibility with the lights is important. My T5 is not really working for me. Do you have suggestions/ideas for me?

One more thing. I see a lot of identical panels on ebay which look all like the toplightled panels. Are they all the same? (come from the same factory) I'd like to buy from Sara, as I trust her and I trust your experience. What is her ebay name? When looking at the 180 w old style panels I can see a lot of price difference and they all look identical. Thanks for all your help.

hi, Crawdaddy, thanks for your sharing!:circle-of-love:
Burning spear, what is your height like in those 5X5's? I am assuming got pretty decent height cause using HPS and the hoods/venting take up more height then LEDs.

If i where you I would not go with old style(IMO since LED new tech it normally better to go with newer designs, as long as they proven), and if height is not an issue, the Mars are superior to the Reflector because 5 W LED, once again my opinion.

But if not replacing HPS just yet, I would make sure your plans support future upgrades, so I would go small and modular. Eventually, all LED, 4 Mars 2 400's probably be good for your 5 X 5 tent. So if I where you to start I would add 2 X Mars 2 400 to opposite corners of the tent, slightly angled toward the middle, with the 600W hps in middle. Maybe go with 700's, but that might be over kill.

hi, icemud. everytime, when i see your picture, it always make me feel exciting! you always did a very good job!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Just some photos of my harvest under my 3x Mars II LED's that I wanted to share. (I have 3x 80x5w models)
DSC09441.JPG
DSC09438.JPG
DSC094221.JPG
DSC093902.JPG
DSC093823.JPG
DSC093731.JPG
DSC093711.JPG
DSC093692.JPG
DSC09372.JPG
DSC09315.JPG
DSC093201.JPG
DSC093141.JPG
DSC093042.JPG

Hi, Cannabomb. Yes, we only have marsII 700's and 48x3 reflectors in the UK! please place the order ASAP!:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:
Very nice, that looks like some quality ganja, very nice color!

So I am having a good time reading up all I can on these LEDs.. Very thankful for all this excellent information!

I need some opinions though..

At the moment I believe that only the marsII 700's and 48x3 reflectors in the UK (Sara can you please confirm this?)
If I do a price comparison it would cost me €198 for 2 48x3 reflectors(roughly total of 180 watt)

But if I go for the MarsII 700 it will cost €256 (roughly 340watt)

That means it would cost me €400 to get 340 watts out of the reflectors, thus I save €150 on the marsII 700

But, would the 5w LEDs in the marsII 700 be TO powerfull and over saturate the plants? I only plan to veg for 3 weeks at most and I also LST and TOP so I can keep my canopy nice and low.
Right now my grow space is 120cm tall I could increase this to 160cm if needed but that would be max.

Can anyone suggest anything? I really liked Dennis's reply but when I did the price comparison it seemed odd,
Is this because the reflector series is better then the mars series? or because the reflectors come with the veg and flower switch?

I know the 700 might be an overkill right now but it means I can move into something bigger and my light will not need to be upgraded..

Again all opinions welcome and thanks for all the help so far everyone!!!

hi, colora! that's really pretty good! healthy girl! :love::love::love::circle-of-love::high-five:
Here are some pictures of what is going on with my girls so far under my Top LED Mars II 700.

Group Shot 1
P10000371.JPG

Jack Auto
P10000382.JPG

Bubblelicious
P10000393.JPG

Critical Jack
P10000401.JPG

White Widow
P1000041.JPG

P10000431.JPG

P1000042.JPG

Temp and RH
P1000044.JPG

Top LED Mars II 700
P10000452.JPG

Grow with the lights on
P10000462.JPG

:thanks: Sara. I love my light. :circle-of-love:

I hope that everyone is having a great day so far. And I wish all of you an excellent weekend. :thumb:

hi, kingjohn. yes, we have . you can email me! :high-five:
SmokeSara does Top LED have any lumen and height recommendations at different stages of growth?

Oh, hi freiya. sorry for the late to update the information. tomorrow,you'll get your tracking number!:high-five::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom