Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Satori , 5 weeks under Mars2 900

007_1024x683_.jpg

The Purps, 5 weeks , under Mars2 900.

010_1024x683_.jpg

Hi, dennise. thanks for your sharing!:high-five::love:
Hi Canna.. I have both the 3w reflectors and the Mars II. I personnaly like the 3w much better and if you get 2 of the 48x3w or maybe 1 of the 48x3 and 1 of the 96x3w I think you will get much better coveage. If you would like to see what the 2 together can do you are more than welcome to check out my journal in my signature. I have the 5w Mars II in a 24"x24"x54" Top Led tent and I have a 48x3w and 96x3w reflector in my closet grow. I much prefer the 3w. That is just my opinion but I like having the switches and I have no heat issues at all with the 3w units. Hope this helps ya out a bit..............:circle-of-love:

Well all my lights except for one showed up today, just need a few more items before I start. Quick question for everyone, what RO systems do you all use if you use one? I was looking at one that actually adds cal and mag back in at 15-30ppm. Is this a bad thing? I need a system that will do at least 150gpd. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cannabomb, congrats on your purchase. :) great lights!! i dont know if youre new to growing, but speaking for myself, being patient is the main key with growing..we are our worst enemy..overwatering, overfeeding, trying everyones tips and secrets, etc. Mother Nature is perfect! She does her thing on and with definitness of purpose.

Thanks DrZiggy!! I'm not completley new to growing but this is the first time I am doing it Solo, My first grow was 120 outdoor plants, they stood about 6-7 feet and I was growing with someone who had a Horticulture degree so I learned a ton about growing.

We had about 1 hours worth of hiking to get to the plants.... well, we went up 2 weeks before harvest and said ok looks good let's give it two more weeks....we came back two weeks later to find fresh tire tracks going exactly where we were going.... The plants had been found and pulled =(

My second grow was with the same guy, we had a 1000 watt hps and a 600 watt hps.
under the 1000 watt we had 26 clones, under the 600 watt we had 6 clones, all running hydroponically.
Again I was not the one doing all the work and making sure everything was going well but, I helped tend to them everyday and did feedings and checks as I was guided by my friend.
That grow went amazingly I never knew plants could grow that fast, seriously hydro systems are crazy!
We also had about 250 clones of cheese at that time, I was completley out of my league the entire time luckily I had an expert grower :laughtwo:

So now I am on my second solo grow, 4th in total my first solo grow was under 200watt of cfls and it went well, I got four mason jars full but I wasnt really happy with the quality, the buds were light and fluffy and although they get my stoned, after smoking all day the lose the hit fast..

So I am hoping with the 380watts of LED I can crank out some nice plants like the one's i am seeing posted on this thread in the last 24 hours =)

Also with the heat issue, can anyone say what there temp is with the marsII 700? I have two 100 cmf fans one for intake and one exhaust I also have a 3 piece honeywell fan in there, I did have heat problems with CFL's I had 6 23 watts and one 33 watt.
When ever the plants needed a water the heat would go up to 30-32 degrees celcius afer watering it would go down to 27 celcius.
Do you think the light will produce more heat then the CFL'S?

Many thanks everyone and many thanks again Dennise I was going to go with your suggestion but $$ was an issue (my partner said well make sure you get a light you can use for the next year so I thought bigger is better, maby a bad decision but if I can control heat I think it will be fine.

Have a great day everyone time to blaze!!

Well all my lights except for one showed up today, just need a few more items before I start. Quick question for everyone, what RO systems do you all use if you use one? I was looking at one that actually adds cal and mag back in at 15-30ppm. Is this a bad thing? I need a system that will do at least 150gpd. Thanks in advance for any help.

Very nice congrats buddy!!
Where did you get the RO system? I have been using tap water as I though that soil P.H sorted itself out with living bacteria, Is there a big diffrence in harvest between RO and Normal water? (taste not size)
I know if the PH gets out then the plant will not be able to uptake nutrients properly but I didnt have that problem myself, maby because germany has good tap water IDK!

Cannabomb, make sure you get yourself some top shelf genetics. Get what you like whether it be sativa, indica or hybrid.
Thanks DrZiggy!! I'm not completley new to growing but this is the first time I am doing it Solo, My first grow was 120 outdoor plants, they stood about 6-7 feet and I was growing with someone who had a Horticulture degree so I learned a ton about growing.

We had about 1 hours worth of hiking to get to the plants.... well, we went up 2 weeks before harvest and said ok looks good let's give it two more weeks....we came back two weeks later to find fresh tire tracks going exactly where we were going.... The plants had been found and pulled =(

My second grow was with the same guy, we had a 1000 watt hps and a 600 watt hps.
under the 1000 watt we had 26 clones, under the 600 watt we had 6 clones, all running hydroponically.
Again I was not the one doing all the work and making sure everything was going well but, I helped tend to them everyday and did feedings and checks as I was guided by my friend.
That grow went amazingly I never knew plants could grow that fast, seriously hydro systems are crazy!
We also had about 250 clones of cheese at that time, I was completley out of my league the entire time luckily I had an expert grower :laughtwo:

So now I am on my second solo grow, 4th in total my first solo grow was under 200watt of cfls and it went well, I got four mason jars full but I wasnt really happy with the quality, the buds were light and fluffy and although they get my stoned, after smoking all day the lose the hit fast..

So I am hoping with the 380watts of LED I can crank out some nice plants like the one's i am seeing posted on this thread in the last 24 hours =)

Also with the heat issue, can anyone say what there temp is with the marsII 700? I have two 100 cmf fans one for intake and one exhaust I also have a 3 piece honeywell fan in there, I did have heat problems with CFL's I had 6 23 watts and one 33 watt.
When ever the plants needed a water the heat would go up to 30-32 degrees celcius afer watering it would go down to 27 celcius.
Do you think the light will produce more heat then the CFL'S?

Many thanks everyone and many thanks again Dennise I was going to go with your suggestion but $$ was an issue (my partner said well make sure you get a light you can use for the next year so I thought bigger is better, maby a bad decision but if I can control heat I think it will be fine.

Have a great day everyone time to blaze!!

Cannabomb, make sure you get yourself some top shelf genetics. Get what you like whether it be sativa, indica or hybrid.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the advice I agree completely, I have got two northern light automatics running right now from Sensi seeds, They are expensive as hell but I have seen alot of top growers on 420 mag saying the quilty it outstanding, So I am hoping with quilty seeds quilty
lights I can grow some quilty ganja.

I know theres more to it then just lights and seeds, but I am confident I can produce some nice medicine with this set up =)

Those are some very nice plants you have there.
How long did you veg for?

Great pics Icemud. How big is your growing space? Your nugs look nice and dense. I can't wait to try the leds out myself.

I have a 2.5'x5'x7' tent and run 3x Mars II 80x5w

Check out the site Bulk Reef Supply. I searched for R/O systems for a long time, they had the best prices, and you can have them build your R/O system however you want it. I would just get cal/mag and not have the system put the cal/mag back in, then you can control the amount of cal/mag you add.

Very nice congrats buddy!!
Where did you get the RO system? I have been using tap water as I though that soil P.H sorted itself out with living bacteria, Is there a big diffrence in harvest between RO and Normal water? (taste not size)
I know if the PH gets out then the plant will not be able to uptake nutrients properly but I didnt have that problem myself, maby because germany has good tap water IDK!

It all depends on the quality of your tap water.... mine here in Socal is around 400ppm, which is too high for my plants. The difference between tap water and r/o water is tap water already has a ton of unknown stuff in it.....salts and other things you don't want or know what are in there.

Lets put it this way... You want to feed your plants a 800ppm mixture of nutrients and water. You start with R/O water being around 10ppm, and tap water starting at 300ppm... Which water can you add more nutrients to with the result being 800ppm... the answer, the R/O water. When you use tap water, the existing ppm's of unknowns fill up the "space" that otherwise nutrients you want to feed your plant will go.

Plus many tap waters have chlorine and some with chloromines.

It all depends on the quality of your tap water.... mine here in Socal is around 400ppm, which is too high for my plants. The difference between tap water and r/o water is tap water already has a ton of unknown stuff in it.....salts and other things you don't want or know what are in there.

Lets put it this way... You want to feed your plants a 800ppm mixture of nutrients and water. You start with R/O water being around 10ppm, and tap water starting at 300ppm... Which water can you add more nutrients to with the result being 800ppm... the answer, the R/O water. When you use tap water, the existing ppm's of unknowns fill up the "space" that otherwise nutrients you want to feed your plant will go.

Plus many tap waters have chlorine and some with chloromines.

Wow interesting! I will pick on up asap, thanks!!

Check out the site Bulk Reef Supply. I searched for R/O systems for a long time, they had the best prices, and you can have them build your R/O system however you want it. I would just get cal/mag and not have the system put the cal/mag back in, then you can control the amount of cal/mag you add.

I was looking at HydroGardener Pro Remineralizing Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System. It seems perfect except for it adding the small amounts of cal/mag. It is more efficient then a lot of the other RO systems I have seen. I will look at bulk reef supply. It's hard to choose, there are a lot of cheaply made systems out there and I am on well water so I need a system with a booster pump. Thanks for your help Icemud.:thanks:

If you are looking for a Reverse Osmosis system this 100 gallon per gay one will do for small grows.

https://www.perfectgardens.com stealth reverse osmosis 100 system

Hey john!

I am living in Germany and I have done some research on the tap water quality here, it seems Germany has the best tap water in the world, it is pumped directly from a spring that comes from an iceburg which dates back to the ice-age!! Would you still recommend getting and R.O system or would it be unnecessary?

Many thanks!

I grew one auto in 160 cm or 62". Did DWC and heat was an issue but never burned the plant. Matter of fact it looked nice. Sweet Seeds Red Poison. One cola 20" tall. You can use fan to beat the heat issue. I had a tub filled with water and put ice in with my DWC bucket to keep nutes under 65 degrees F. I am happy with my purchase.

Nice, thanks for the info, were you running the mars 700?

Back
Top Bottom