Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: the LED chip of the MarsII and Reflector has better quality and performance.:Namaste: It's true for the second point. All lights on Ebay has one year warranty. Literally, price and warranty is not the final standard to judge the bad or good. There is bad, because of good. Bad and good exist relatively. It's the comparision result. Compared to the Old Model, MarsII and Reflector does have better quality. :circle-of-love: You will pay what it's worth.:Namaste: Reflector has double swithces for veg and bloom. :circle-of-love:
Tell us please the diffrent from both LED Chips? @Sarah the old Modell have 1 year warrenty but all lights at your ebay store have only 1 year Warrenty too....

The Reflector 96x3Watt Chips are Cheap too 165usd in €maybe 150€ but doesnt matter the Price is the same. Are the Reflector a better Option? On eBay they sell the Reflector with 500 Watt and 5 Watt Chips.

148€ for the Reflector ;-) I can send the both lights back to ebay Seller and He must send my Money back.... That is Not a Problem!

Have the Reflector switch to vege and flower?

:circle-of-love:
Thank you Sara for the precise draw power on those reflectors. The website stated 250-300 which I thought was a ballpark. I'm pretty sure that I am going to go with three panels as soon as I calculate how much total power I am drawing from all of my equipment. Arellanobrian stated the area of coverage advertised is higher than reality but even if I can get 5 x 2 coverage on each light, I should be fine. Uncle had made a good point about reflectivity so I want to be have more than less light. Shrinking my grow area is defeating the reflective material purpose of the tent I would think. I will be contacting you soon for lights Sara.

:thumb: thank you, djrobmc, you are much welcome to share us the growth here.:Namaste:
I have recently purchased a 300w Mars hydro and am very impressed with the growth on my moneymaker seedlings after only 1 week , it is definitely out performing my old 400w hps

:circle-of-love::welcome: Hi SmokeyMcJoe, welcome to this thread, hmm... I wonder what's your grow area.:Namaste:
Hello everyone I am new here and wanted some help to make the best choice to buy a led light, maybe you already talked about this in this thread but is so extense couldnt read it all. Have anyone tryed the mars hydro 300w against the black star 240w??? I wanted to buy the mars first but then I read a lot about how 3w Led is better than 5w and also read that mars had a really bad customer service, also saw videos of growers using blackstar 240 and mars 300 and the ones with the blackstar seems way better. Really hope you can help I dont have much money and it is a hard decision for me. Grettings from Chile and Vape up ppl! :D Have a great day, or night. :thumb:

:thumb:
i have a Lighthouse Hydro Blackstar UFO 135W since 2 years and that led light is completly useless .... i tried to use it in a 1.5 X 1.5 area, it suppose te be nice lightning (not full power but suppose to be not bad) but the result is very very bad ....... since i goes to mars hydro and i have very very good result. (i changed the 135W for a 180W mars hydro and the difference is amazing!)

so, please, forget about blackstar .... the spectrum is very bad (really too much red) and the power output is strange too.

go with mars hydro and you are sure to have good result. not blackstar, really not .... in my experience at least.

but the all new 300W from mars hydro is not as good as other lights ..... with the new 300W (60X5) old model panel you can cover 2.3 square foot maximum for each .... about 1.5 X 1.5 foot each ..... each consume about 130W

so my advise is .... go with mars2 series from mars hydro if your budget is normal and use 100W led watt for each square foot ..... a mars2 400W for exemple is perfect for 2X2 area (4 square foots) ... it consume about 190W of real power.

if your budget is low .... go with old model series but go for 2.3 square foot max for each 300W ..... or 4.6 square foot for the 600W

for reflector series ..... each 48X5 (240W) can cover 1.6 X 1.6 (2.6 square foot) for a single panel (little more than old model 300W)

all theses number are for flowering ... you can cover more for vegging.

happy growing.

:circle-of-love: hah, the New model refers to MarsII and Reflector series. The Old Model refers to 60x5w and 120x5w.
Thank you mate for your reply :D. I got a little bit lost about the new and old model of mars hydro. So you say buying the mars 400w would be the best option? (already thought about paying a little more to get better results). I dont know anything about reflectors I will check that onlyne later. Thanks again for your answer! Have a great night or day.

:Namaste:
yes, if the money is not all .... go for mars2 or relfector series ... me i better like mars2 than reflector cause of the spectrum (reflectors have little more blue and white) .... and it is always better to use more smaller panels than only 1 big .... for light distribution

:goodjob: all is clear thanks to the explanation. the NEW old model is the updation of the OLD old mode.:Namaste: the OLD old model is not available now except 180w UFO at the EBAY stores. :circle-of-love:
yes, old model series is really confusing for most ......

there is the NEW old models

and there is the OLD old models loll

OLD old models are with 3W chips and are of medium quality .... there is 3 OLD old models panels ... 180W (60X3) UFO (105W true watt), 300W (100X3) panel (170 true watts) and 600W (200X3) panel (340 true watts)

NEW old models are with 5W chips and are of bad quality ...... there is 2 NEW old model panels .... 300W (60X5) panel (130W true watt) and 600W (120X5) panel (260 true watt)

OLD old model are medium quality but are no more available (180W still i think) .... NEW old model are bad quality but still enought good to use it cause the price is amazing. you just need to use little less coverage for each and keep in mind they may not last as longer as others.

and finally ... the 300W and 600W NEW old models are little smalers in dimension than the OLD old models 300/600 panels

mars2 and reflectors series are good quality

The coverage of Reflector 96x3w is 9.68sqft(4.4'x2.2') at the height of 2'. Hang it lower, the coverage will be less.:circle-of-love:
Ok thx! Than i send the both 2x300 Watt (60x5) back to the Seller on eBay! The Reflector 96x3 Watt are to Buy for 165 USD is the Price and the Quality good for the Price? I can Order the Mars 2 too but maybe the Reflector are better for small tent? How much square foot for the 96x3W are ideal?

:circle-of-love:Hi, Brainzfuxed, if you order at the webite, you can check the return policy at our website, do you want to return the light?:Namaste:
What is the return policy for mars hydro lights?

:Namaste:
Aren't you at harvest time? Seeing a lot of brown trichs in that bud shot.

Thanks for the share, randy. :thumb:
think you have your pistils and trichomes confused trichs are the resin sacs that make the leaves and bud look fuzzy and need to be checked with a 25 to 60 X microscope
Here is a link that will explain it all it's worth the read for most all

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101
Thanks for the link, explains a lot. Something else I'll need to buy. How the heck does one check with a microscope, cut off a bud. Use one of the jewelers loupe things?
:thanks:
either a loupe or there are pocket microscopes that look like fat pens they are less than $10 so it doesn't hurt to bad

:thumb:cheers for the harvest!:cheer:
I have 2 Mars 400s in one tent and a 900 in the other. I am very happy!!! Look at some of my journals. I just chopped down my Super Silver Haze. She had some of the hardest densest buds I have grown. 3oz with 6 weeks veg in a 2 gallon pot. :peace:

Fiete, the Old Model 60x5w are not too bad, they are just not as good as MarsII and Reflector.:Namaste:
Why are the old/new Modell 60x3 so Bad?

:circle-of-love: I can't agree more. Pay what it's worth and use it as much as you can. We will feel happier.:cheer:
Not really bad they are built for a price to compete with the competition perhaps not as good quality as front line lights but for the price who can complain. I use mine as fill in light or for clones or seeds and if you are just starting it beats spending hundreds on something you might put in a closet next month and not use. Just be aware of their limits and enjoy them then if you decide later get the best you can afford, I don't think anyone here will say you can have too many lights

:bravo: hah, you win. Best song to end the struggling between Old Model and New Model. :circle-of-love: I am literally singing not reading. :cheer:
"I'm as fake as a wedding cake
and I'm Vague and I know that I'm
Homopolitan
Pitifully predictable
Correctly political
I'm the new, I'm the new, new model
I've got nothing inside
better in the head and in bed
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
I can choke and diet on coke
I'm Spun and I know
that I'm Stoned and Rolling
lifelike and poseable
hopeless and disposable
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
don't let them know how far you go
or that you use your "lovers"
oh look, you're like a vcr
stick something in to know
just who you are you
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model"​

God Bless
:peace:

:circle-of-love::thumb::thanks:
my advise for 96X3 reflector coverage .... around 3.5 square foot. 4 square foot maybe not bad too. the perfect fitting would be around 40cm X 80cm (or 1.33 X 2.66 foots) for 3.5 square foots total or little more if needed

you can expect a yeild of maybe 1/5 to 1/3 pound (90 to 150g) with that 96X3 reflector if your setting and skills are good. maybe more is you are really good.

even if the 60X5 old models are bad quality .... you will get more light power and flexibility with 2 of them than the 96X3 reflector. 2.3 square foot for each "new" old model = 4.6 square foots total ....... 96X3 reflector is 3.5 square foot. this is your choice.

I am really impressed with everything I have herd about your Mars 2 900 and 1200 watt systems.I have been saving up and I am getting close to having the money to get one small unit I wish I could afford two.I do videos and can keep data for you.And if you all ever have a new unit you want tested out I will be more than willing to test.I just cant wait to take my growing to a new level with your led!

Hello Sara :) thanks for the wellcome you seem really nice. I am planing to grow on a tent that is about 1 meter x 1 meter x 1.6 meter (height). I seem to be decided to buy the mars II 400w to grow, seems to be the best option for 350 bucks, the shipping to my country is so expensive :(.

I will post the link to buy here before buyig so maybe ppl can help me see if its the correct product. In case I buy on the mars hydro website, would you know any discount code? I already know the one from Mrtight :)

Have a great day! or night! :D

Hi, Kriaze, we don't have gree leds. The same light, with different cameras and photographers will get different pictures. :circle-of-love:
Most people use a Jeweller's Loupe and/or a USB microscope. I've tried both but found that the USB microscope was very bad quality so I now use my DSLR attached to a microscope, it works a charm:

IMG_074038.JPG

As for wattages I'm not keen on using 'LED watt' as a measurement as most manufacturers make vague claims as to their LED output. Best to stick with 35-50 actual draw wattage if you want a better measurement, thanks to Mars-Hydro for being open with that information for us.

Also Sara while I'm here I had a look at my Mars II 1600w today as the sticker was falling off, again I'm wondering what gives as I have green LED's in that and both of my 96x3 Reflectors. I'm wondering if you can check into this for me, as I'm certain these are green LED's. Here are some pictures for you to look at. I ordered from your site itself so I know that they can't be ripoffs (you dealt with me personally on both occasions that I ordered)

Here are the pics:

IMGP0660150715.jpg
IMGP0663150715.jpg
IMGP0667150715.jpg
IMGP0670150715.jpg
IMGP0673150715.jpg

What do you think, is this a faulty batch or are there supposed to be green LED's in your spectrum? Sorry for bringing it up but if you go through my latest journal where I'm growing with these I'm not seeing the expected results. Obviously there are a lot more things to take into consideration other than the lights themselves, but I'd like to rule the lights out of those considerations. :thumb:

Yes, they are white leds. :circle-of-love:
your "green" leds are in fact ..... warm white leds .... its all ok ... i guess it is just an illusion or mirage cause the leds are very near from each others and the color is melting.

i told you what Sara will say lol .... cause i ever asked the same question in email .... i think she is right after looking carefully. me too i was seeing them as green .... but as warm white now.

Even with naked eyes, you see green color? That's strange. We don't have green color leds. :circle-of-love:
I used my Method Seven glasses while looking, they're green. I looked without my glasses on, they were green. I took photographs of them that are white balanced, they're green lol. I won't be waking up and seeing warm white tomorrow just because I was told they are :)
All the best :thumb:

Haha, I am here. I will figure it out. :Namaste:
if they are really green, you have a problem for sure ....... will be nice to see what Sara will say ....... Sara we need you ..... lol

Hi everyone, I have a good news to tell you guys.:cheer:
I have negotiated with a Deutsch repair centre to help us fix our lights in DE, which is in Rotterode :circle-of-love:Now all the Germany customers will benifit from it. :Namaste: any lights burnt out within warranty, can be shipped there for fix. :cheer: I also believe more and more repair centre will come out soon, If you guys can recommend someone to help us in other countries other than US and Germany, please feel free to let us know :high-five:
Happy growing my dear friends all

Hi, Kriaze, we don't have gree leds. The same light, with different cameras and photographers will get different pictures. :circle-of-love:

Yes, they are white leds. :circle-of-love:

Even with naked eyes, you see green color? That's strange. We don't have green color leds. :circle-of-love:

Haha, I am here. I will figure it out. :Namaste:

Hello Sara, these LED's are definitely green for sure. There can be no mistake with the camera either, I'm a professional photographer and I haven't used any straight out of camera jpegs, I use RAW then post process in Lightroom/Photoshop using the white balance tool on my grey card just as most Photographer's that have to work to a standardised colour scheme would. Here's an example:

Before:
DSC1868.JPG

After:
DSC1868rs.jpg

Most Photographers that are paid for their work use this technique or something similar with alternate software so that wherever the picture is sent the colour is exactly as you would wish it to print. It's pretty much plain to see in most pictures that these are definitely green, if you could get back to me on why I have green LED's that would be great. Thanks Sara :thumb:

:circle-of-love:thank you, MiGrowB. You can also write a grow journal here. many friends here would be love to see it.:Namaste:
I am really impressed with everything I have herd about your Mars 2 900 and 1200 watt systems.I have been saving up and I am getting close to having the money to get one small unit I wish I could afford two.I do videos and can keep data for you.And if you all ever have a new unit you want tested out I will be more than willing to test.I just cant wait to take my growing to a new level with your led!

:circle-of-love:the coverage of MarsII 400w is 1.3x1.3m at the height of 0.6m. :Namaste: You can place an order at our website.:circle-of-love:
Hello Sara :) thanks for the wellcome you seem really nice. I am planing to grow on a tent that is about 1 meter x 1 meter x 1.6 meter (height). I seem to be decided to buy the mars II 400w to grow, seems to be the best option for 350 bucks, the shipping to my country is so expensive :(.

I will post the link to buy here before buyig so maybe ppl can help me see if its the correct product. In case I buy on the mars hydro website, would you know any discount code? I already know the one from Mrtight :)

Have a great day! or night! :D

Back
Top Bottom