Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Smoke Sara i am having problems. Does your company want me to open up the mars 2 1600w before you will send any drivers or spare diodes?
I thought that the 3 year warranty covers me for parts? I have been told that it is one of 2 drivers that is the problem. I dont have a problem with sending back the broken driver or broken diodes.

:circle-of-love:Hi DarkSidofMike, thanks for the info about the competitor, it doesn't matter what he says. At least, now I know how hot our LED sales is on Ebay. :Namaste: I wonder how come he will test the light loss after 1 year, our 60x5w has been for sale only for about two months. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the Old Model 60x5w is just not as good as our MarsII and Reflector series, in regards to materials used, design and spectrum. Althoug it only has one fan, the Old Model 60x5w also adds heat sink to help dissipate the heat. As for the light loss, there is no exact data for every LED light will lose certain light after a certain of time.

To be fair, there are standard tests to test light loss over time for diodes. Whether the manufacturer or MH chooses to test or share this info is another story.

That being said, I purchased two new-old 300w panels last night and have no illusion what I'm getting into. If they live out their 1yr warranty I'm happy, as I can't justify spending more with all this cool new tech right around the corner!

True story:bravo: you are using:

Epistar Chips these are the cheapest you can get on LED market.

What kind of LED are you using? Which Brand? Cree, Osram ...which LED`s are in you lamp?

If its not like this why dont you put these important information on your Product information?

greetings

Hello lapaka

Do you own and have experience with Mars Hydro lights? If so please share your experiences, good or bad.

If on the other hand you just stopped in to bash something you have no experience with, you made a wrong turn. The "Unsubstantiated Bashing Room" is 3 doors down on the left. Its dimly lite so be careful of that first step, its quite a drop

yep, me too i understand nothing! leds or lens?

as i know thers is no lenses in your panels .......

if i understand well (im really not sure) .... some of the LEDs may turn yellow? how to be sure they are not warm white leds??

we will have this problem if we buy BEFORE or AFTER march ..... dont understand too

@Sara:

"the burnt out of leds"
"Our suppliers of lens changed the material"
"For the wrong lens"
"We send to you free led diodes"

Am I the only one who doesn't understand? Leds = diodes = lens? Do you use these 3 terms for the same object? Or?

Do you already have a repair center in CZ?? If I buy from Hungary, and I have a problem (hopefully not!) I don't have to send my light for repair to China, just to CZ?

yep, they are using Epistar chips in their panels .... thats why they are so cheap

Epistar had the reputation to be very nice leds at very low price ...... i guess they made a mistake and ruin their reputation .....

True story:bravo: you are using:

Epistar Chips these are the cheapest you can get on LED market.

What kind of LED are you using? Which Brand? Cree, Osram ...which LED`s are in you lamp?

If its not like this why dont you put these important information on your Product information?

greetings

Hello lapaka

Do you own and have experience with Mars Hydro lights? If so please share your experiences, good or bad.

If on the other hand you just stopped in to bash something you have no experience with, you made a wrong turn. The "Unsubstantiated Bashing Room" is 3 doors down on the left. Its dimly lite so be careful of that first step, its quite a drop

They seemed fine in veg, making some very nice short stocky plants, but they were terrible in flower. I ran 2300w of Mars 2s and will be switching to 2x600w HPS for flower.

so how can i get 350g of nice quality buds in a 2X3 area with 340w true watts of leds? they are very good for flowering, you just need to adjust your growing

They seemed fine in veg, making some very nice short stocky plants, but they were terrible in flower. I ran 2300w of Mars 2s and will be switching to 2x600w HPS for flower.

so how can i get 350g of nice quality buds in a 2X3 area with 340w true watts of leds? they are very good for flowering, you just need to adjust your growing

Uh huh, same old story. I have read numerous posts by people making the same claims and even more, but i am yet to meet one grower in person who rates these lights for flower, everything is on forums or YouTube. Needless to say i fell for this nonsense and it cost me $1200 to find out i should have just stuck to HPS.

I'll keep them for veg but they were pathetic in flower. I tried pretty much every method to increase the yield and had some advice from established growers on here and still ended up with less than 0.5gpw.

Hi Doozy

Any ideas why they did so poorly in flower under the LEDs? That many watts in a 5x5 space they should have done really well.

I have 4 girls in a 3'6x3'6 area under a single M2 900 and they seem to love it.

No idea, but if you get a good yield send me a message and i'll read your entire journal. As i said, they looked great up until the stretch, then they just didn't put weight on properly. I've been told it's the spectrum, but who knows. Good luck with your ladies. :)

No idea, but if you get a good yield send me a message and i'll read your entire journal. As i said, they looked great up until the stretch, then they just didn't put weight on properly. I've been told it's the spectrum, but who knows. Good luck with your ladies. :)

Thanks Doozy :) I have zero knowledge or experience in either HID lights or hydro. The only suggestion I can offer is maybe to talk to CO Finest, he seems to have the most experience with Mars lights and if I am not mistaken, he uses them all and had fully converted from HID lights. No idea what he gets for yields but it must be comparable for him to switch to LEDs

hehe will soon .... as a dinosaure i dont have a smart phone or anything to take pictures .... my friends have, but i dont want for sure to show my rooms to nobody

your best friend may become your perfect ennemy ....

will very soon .... im about to buy a cheap prepaid smartphone ....

Mike, why don't you show us your grow room? Start a journal? I would follow for sure! You seem like a very experienced grower. What Mars lights do you use?

buy a cheap camera instead, and don't show your room, only your plants. nobody will know u :)

hehe will soon .... as a dinosaure i dont have a smart phone or anything to take pictures .... my friends have, but i dont want for sure to show my rooms to nobody

your best friend may become your perfect ennemy ....

will very soon .... im about to buy a cheap prepaid smartphone ....

i really dont care about forums members to "know" me and see my room .... what i care is "real" person to know what i am doing

only 2 "reals" person know what im doing, and this is cause they are growing themself ....

even my brother dont know it .... and we are very close brothers

the lights from marshydro i use are ..... 2X 300W(100X3) panels in a 58cmX85cm area in my wardrobe .... 1X mars2 400W in a 58X58 area in my wardrobe too ..... 1X 180W UFO in a 41cmX42cm area in a closet ..... 1X reflector 144W in a 41cmX45cm area ...... and 1 new old model 60X5 to come

doing very near or little more 1g/true watts for each

my setting is a micro SOG ..... 4 pots of 5.5" (2L) for each square foot in coco with Canna nutes ... so my 58X85 area have 24 pots (and plants), my 58X58 have 16 pots and 2 others area 9 pots each

1 week of vegging and i cut them in the middle of the first flowring week .... that way they are very short at the end (1.5' to 2' max) and the cannopy is almost the same everywhere .... this is like a ScrOG but with only 1 week vegging, not 2 months lol

i love micro SOG .... i love very short plants in great number ..... for many reasons like big yields but very easy trim and clean when it is ready too, and short vegging time

(i have too another 450W led panel from another company in a 63X65 area .... a superbox (2'X1.5') from a well know closet manufacturer with a 200W CFL .... and 2 areas (28cmX72cm) with 5X T5HO fluos 24w each that do not bad for flowering too ... and finally a blackstar 135W UFO i dont use anymore)

pictures will come soon ....

buy a cheap camera instead, and don't show your room, only your plants. nobody will know u :)

As i said, they looked great up until the stretch, then they just didn't put weight on properly. I've been told it's the spectrum, but who knows. Good luck with your ladies. :)

This is about where I am at. I'm not inclined to keep a journal, barely have the time to do it in real life let alone document it.

So far, I've been blown away by what the 144x5 has done in veg but I'm just getting through the stretch so we'll see what the future holds. This is my first grow in 15yr and there's been a learning curve but we did pretty well for ourselves with a 430w HPS back then. I've go no stake other than the cash laid out so far, will be sure to report how things finish up.

I too would be very interested in seeing your journal. There are not many growers that can get over 1g per wall watt with LED just yet, and many many less that can do it with these particular lights, you really must know as much as you talk about, although it does seem that after all you were incorrect with your continued assertions that my LED's weren't faulty, and that I was seeing the wrong colours from everyone else. I hope you are still happy at seeing warm white after being told that you weren't seeing green. Count me in for subbing :thumb:

hehe, yep look like your stranges green leds may be faulty leds Sara is talking, me i looked at all my panels and they are all right ... will start a journal soon dont worry

if you prefer im doing around 50-60g per square foot .... or around 12-15g per pot (4X 5,5" pot in each square foot)

this is a better way to calculate

hi. looking for some advise on light choice.

my space is approx. 1m x 1m and I was looking at either 2 x 600w mars classics, I guess there the older unit sold on ebay by marshydro-uk single fan units. or 2 x 400w mars 2's direct from the main website. cost is a constraint as always and these work out currently to be about the same price.
thanks in advance.

mars2 1200W (525 true watts) is perfect for 1MX1M and to replace a 600W HPS for full power light. this is always better to use more smallers panels than only 1 in big area, for a better light distribution. 2X 600W old model may be good yes with good light distribution, but will not be as good as mars2 1200W cause old models are lower quality. if your budget is limited 2X 600W old model will be good. 4X 300W will be even better light distribution.

a mars2 900W maybe not bad too .... if you dont have a high rating setting and growing in soil.

hi. looking for some advise on light choice.

my space is approx. 1m x 1m and I was looking at either 2 x 600w mars classics, I guess there the older unit sold on ebay by marshydro-uk single fan units. or 2 x 400w mars 2's direct from the main website. cost is a constraint as always and these work out currently to be about the same price.
thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom