Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Curso.... so do you think for my 5x5x6.5 setup with 6 plants I should go with the 1200 or should I do 2 of either the 700 or 900???

I'd say the core footprint of the 1200 is 3.5x3.5 at like 28"...but you can veg just fine with it :)

i would go with 2 900s. i have 2 700s for 5x3 kinda wish i went with the 900s just to over do it

KB.. how many plants are you using in that area? Doing sog orvscrog??

just my 2 cents With led v scrog is a waist of time, nutes and light.
led panel is flat
hid light is round
If further explanation is required I can provide.

I would love to know more. Learning something new all the time on here so please elaborate.

I think running more lights will give you the third off light effect. I am running 3 - 100 watt LED's
Each light has a core foot print of 2' X 2.5' or total coverage 2.5' X 3'.
I'm growing in 4 X 4 tent with all three light side by side l l l -at 20" height above plants, this gives me 3' X 4'
So I am losing only 6" in the front and back which is also supplemented with big CFL's 125 watts each.
With the third off light effect each light has its core foot print but by putting the lights side by side the over lapping light act as the third light.
So it's like 2 extra lights in between the outer and inner lights. I could get another light and run them staggered, starting with one in the front of the tent on the leftside then the 2nd light in the back left, 3rd in right rear and finally the 4th coming back to the front to where they all over lap the same plus all daisy chained together.
Stevehman has run many different size LED's lights in many many journals. They are filled with so much info just for your reading pleasure.

I know not enough tech info but basicly
light foot print of an led - all light is directed to a specific angle 90-120 and creating a flat square
HPS light is emitted in the round shape of the bulb creating a u shaped grow space.
A vscrog with LED would require 2 led panels hung in a v of matching angles to the screen
:peace:

led panel is flat
hid light is round

LED panels can be hung on an angle to accommodate the "v" and I dare say deliver more light directly at it.

So to get coverage for scrog I should hang lights in a "v"....

To accurately cover the grow space I should hang more lights less wattage to get a good cover over the canopy??

So would 4-400 watt topled be good to adequately cover the tent?

what about smell. i guess less heat means less smell ? wanted to do same white russian..
If you are concerned about the smell I guess you would have to invest in a carbon filter or something along the lines of with an inline fan but I have very little company here and no one is ever in my house that I would be concerned about but if I was having to do that stealth a grow I would find some type of filter. I do have a small electric filter in my closet with the girl in flower and it came with a pine smelling scent and it really works pretty well. This is the one I have...
41sRHY7KzqL_SY300_.jpg

but I don't know if it would be enough if I was really trying to hide what I am doing but for me it is more than enough. I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. Just post on my journal or send me a pm and if I can be of assistance I certainly will be happy to help......:circle-of-love:

Any grow journal from seed to plant with the reflector series ?

Mine is in a round about sorta way..... My original grow had started before I found Top Led but has been under Top Led for all the flowering and the girls I have in veg were started with Top Led and are ready to go to flower whenever I have room for them in the flower closet so if you count doing it kinda backwards... yes I have a journal that shows these lights from veg to flower.....:circle-of-love:

led panel is flat
hid light is round

Oh Lurch I for sure need more info. Talk real slow cause I'm kinda thick but am using LED's and am working my way up to being able to do a scrog. I am in the home stretch of my first grow and was slow at being able to get the nerve to cut, twist and bend but am working my way toward being able to do a full flux.. (Thank you Light Addict) and I finally got the nerve to top one of my girls. Soooo if there is a better way to use my lights to suit there needs better please explain.....:circle-of-love:

Seems every time I think I got something figured out. I read something else and it all changes lol!!

Back
Top Bottom