Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

okay and one square meter is about 10 sqfoot i think,,, so 1000w per squaremeter then,, may i ask how much yield you get with that setup? and do you combine with HPS or u going LED only?

yes i know that, the reason why i asked that is because i have grown mny times before with HPS this is my first LED grow,,, does somebody have experience from both HPS and LED and knows how much LED wattage is equal to HPS wattage, because a 600w HPS gives a lot more buds than mars 700w, in my case it was so i dont know about how it was for you guys

Remember the watts you all keep talking about are the LED max watts. That is not what they are running at. On most LED take the watts and divide them in half to get close to true watts. So if you need 700 true watts then you will need Mars 1600...

Hello everybody!
I have a question that i hope that somebody can answer. I have just finished my grow of some plants called supercritical autoflower from greenhouse seeds. On their webpage it stands that yield is up to 800g/sqm. I grew about 24 plants on a 2,88 sqm space, in a grow tent that is 2,4x1,2m. I used 2 pcs Mars II led grow 700w from the begining to the end, that is aproximately 500w per sqm. On my big surprise when i harvested and dried everything my yield was less than 15-25 grams per plant,, my total yield was 280 gram, that is less than 100g/sqm. IHave done everything else correct nutrients everything, so my question is, did i use too weak lamps for that space?? maybe 500w/sqm is to little? Because i dont want to give up on mars II, i was thinking maybe if i use 2 pcs mars 1200w next time on that space that will almost be 850w/sqm. Since i am a new grower with led lights ( this is my first LED-grow ) i hope that someone could tell me how much of led-wattage is required per SQM in the flowering period to get maximum yield.

happy for answer

@Hosebomber has a guide to The Basics Of Plant Lighting where he recommends a minimum of 35 actual watts per square foot for LED lighting and other information that may help you.

The amount that you may harvest per square meter is dependent on many variables. I use topping, Low Stress Training and defoliation to increase the gram per watt efficiency of my grow area.

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Hey Sara,

My friend just ordered 2 1600w Mars II's. I sent you a PM, but just want to check to see if we made it before you go on holiday, and before the US stock ran out. Thanks!

yes, We will ship out on Monday, and your friend is really very very very lucky. he bought the last two lights. we are out of stock in US now, I have increased price. US customers, shipping cost is 50USD.total cost back to 650USD:)
Hey Sara,

My friend just ordered 2 1600w Mars II's. I sent you a PM, but just want to check to see if we made it before you go on holiday, and before the US stock ran out. Thanks!

Dear all my friends, please noticed that our mars II 1600w is out of stock in US, and will be back in stock at the end of next month I think, but I am not sure, I will let all of you know once the mars II 1600w in US warehouse again. now we will ship from China for you if you order from our website.

share some picture:) 200 led grow light lights will go to US for lettuce grow.
10579394_538201386313189_1059785175_n.jpg

yes, We will ship out on Monday, and your friend is really very very very lucky. he bought the last two lights. we are out of stock in US now, I have increased price. US customers, shipping cost is 50USD.total cost back to 650USD:)

Whew! That was close. Glad we made it!

Thanks Sara!!! So excited to see these big lights! I will be vegging with my 1200 and flowering under the 2 1600's! :high-five:

:high-five:I followed your thread to read more about your grow:))) excited.
Whew! That was close. Glad we made it!

Thanks Sara!!! So excited to see these big lights! I will be vegging with my 1200 and flowering under the 2 1600's! :high-five:

share some picture:) 200 led grow light lights will go to US for lettuce grow.
10579394_538201386313189_1059785175_n.jpg

SmokeSara are the long LED light panels a new product I do not see them listed on the Top LED Grow Light website?

no, that's not a new product, that light come out in 2012, but we can not retail. shipping is a big problem if we sell only one. besides, the power is not enough, so we can not sell to grow medical plants. We sell that in large quantity and sell to the growers who is growing vegetable:)
SmokeSara are the long LED light panels a new product I do not see them listed on the Top LED Grow Light website?

Dear all, we will have one week holiday after tomrorow, so if you have any questions, you'd better ask me today, or I will delay to reply your email:) I will have a short travel, share pictures when I back:)

Hello Sarah,

The light and hangers I ordered are scheduled to arrive today :)
I am a bit anxious as the light tracking # only shows a label was generated and shows no progress in the UPS tracking system.
I will post back after the shipments arrive.

thx

Hey Sara how's things going today i placed my order on friday for 48x3w and was just wondering if it will ship before you guys go on vacation, I cannot PM yet cause I am a new member, but any assistance you can give me would be awesome, thanks in advance

Hi Sara,
since i already have 4pcs mars 700w and i was not satified att all with the yield, i want to buy stronger lights from you,,, my next grow will be 10 squaremeters ( 107 squarefoot) and i will use those 4 pcs 700w i already have and i want to add either 6 pcs of mars 1200w or 4pcs of 1600w,, can you please tell me what do you suggest? and since the 4 lights i already have will be different watt from the other one i will buy how should i hang them so that i get an even light-strenght all over the 10 squaremeters, so that it wont be that a part of the space will get more and stronger light than space with the weaker lights( 700w mars) i hope that you understand what i mean,,, happy for answer

Hello Soul, I am sorry, UPS changed tracking number and my assistant did not update immidiately, sorry. but at last, you get the light, happy growing :circle-of-love:
Hello Sarah,

The light and hangers I ordered are scheduled to arrive today :)
I am a bit anxious as the light tracking # only shows a label was generated and shows no progress in the UPS tracking system.
I will post back after the shipments arrive.

thx

Hey Gary,
If you order last Friday, we can get tracking number from US warehouse this Monday, so I believe my assistant will update your order status later, please check order status on our website when you up. thank you .

I can promise to you that your order has been arranged:)
Hey Sara how's things going today i placed my order on friday for 48x3w and was just wondering if it will ship before you guys go on vacation, I cannot PM yet cause I am a new member, but any assistance you can give me would be awesome, thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom