Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

High TheMunchies, can you send an email to Lucy again, so she can check the payment for you? Thank you. :circle-of-love:

Hey sara,

So i spoke with lucy and she said that the payment was accepted, she also said that my package was being shipped out today.

BUT, She hasn't sent me a tracking number, in fact she asked for my phone number instead so UPS or Fed ex could call me when the package arrived?? This seems odd to me, I feel like I should be getting a tracking number instead of a phone call. Would have purchased elsewhere if I knew this was going to be the case. Feel free to PM me if you would like to speak by Email.

Have any other members experienced this ?
Thanks

So Yesterday I received my 96x3 lamp that replaces my 150 watt mh. I was very impressed by the building quality, the noise is almost zero and on top of that no heat!
I had the panel turned on only with the grow light for about 18 hours and the temperature never exceeded 25 degrees celsius whereas before I had to fight with fans to keep it up to above 26, with mh/hps sometimes skyrockets to 32° (finally less stress! )
I only have a few questions so tI can use it properly (I'm new to LED)
If I'm not mistaken the angles of leds are 90° and 120° but it is not specified how many are at 90 degrees and how many at 120°, this is important because with a reduced angle (90°) you have less coverage but more penetration.
My grow box is small, 60X60X170cm and inside there are only three plants, how far should I hang the lamp from plants?
Last question I would like to know how many lumens per square meter produces.
I know these are a lot of questions, but I hope @SmokeSara can answer my questions.

P.S.

So far my experience with Mars Hydro has been terrific, and I'm very satisfied :goodjob:

So Yesterday I received my 96x3 lamp that replaces my 150 watt mh. I was very impressed by the building quality, the noise is almost zero and on top of that no heat!
I had the panel turned on only with the grow light for about 18 hours and the temperature never exceeded 25 degrees celsius whereas before I had to fight with fans to keep it up to above 26, with mh/hps sometimes skyrockets to 32° (finally less stress! )
If I'm not mistaken the angles of leds are 90° and 120° but it is not specified how many are at 90 degrees and how many at 120°, this is important because with a reduced angle (90°) you have less coverage but more penetration.
My grow box is small, 60X60X170cm and inside there are only three plants, how far should I hang the lamp from plants?
I know these are a lot of questions, but I hope @SmokeSara can answer my questions.

P.S.

So far my experience with Mars Hydro has been terrific, and I'm very satisfied :goodjob:

I would start at 24" and over a few days time you can move up to 18". I usually go by the 35-50 true watts /sq foot. I have a Mars 900 in a 10 sq ft tent so I am getting about 45 watts per sq ft. :peace:

No worries, Munchie! They do ask for a phone number, just in case there is a problem. I just send mine in an email or pm. I'm sure when they get in this evening they will be able to provide your tracking info. They will not be calling you. Send off a quick email with your number and try and wait patiently for your new light! :bitingnails::) That's the hardest part for me, the waiting! I think you'll love your new light!

Munchies, on my first order I received my item before my tracking number and on the second order I received the tracking number just as my parcel arrived. Their shipping is quick and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just email Sara and she'll sort it out, but your goods may be there before you receive your tracking number :)

Hello Munchies

If you have an Android cell phone, you may be able to download an app that uses the light sensor in your phone to test LUX (lumens/sqm) as well as Cd/sqft.

I posted numbers for the Mars 900 a week or so ago, but they would be different for your lights and space.

RC

it is from a lack of cal/mag.... When growing under LEDs you need to supplement cal/mag as the LEDs deplete it rather quickly.... If you will add 5ml of cal/mag per gallon of water you should see the problem disappear.....:circle-of-love:

Ok so I had to go back and read KingJohnC's seed cabinet journal agian and after 20 pages I found where he was talking about just the top of stems turning purple even though bottom of stems stay green, I just screenshot he's comments on the subject.

Screenshot_2015-05-27-16-03-54-1.png

Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-55-34-1.png

Screenshot_2015-05-27-16-00-53.png

I will take pics of my girls when they wake up to show exactly what he's talking about, I was giving them 10ml of calmag and the purple never faded a little bit. Just from indica4mymeds description I believe this is what's going on with his plants.

I can honestly say if KingJohnC said it... I believe it... and that makes it so.... as far as I am concerned King is better than having an MJ encyclopedia... He held my hand through my entire first grow and has never completely let go and he has taught me how to grow some mighty fine meds along with some other majorly fine 420 folk......:circle-of-love:

Okay.... I hope I don't regret this... I ordered another larger old style panel to experiment with. Good luck so far with smaller one I bought before. I didn't buy that one on the mars site though. This one I ordered here.

Thank you Dennise:circle-of-love:
it is from a lack of cal/mag.... When growing under LEDs you need to supplement cal/mag as the LEDs deplete it rather quickly.... If you will add 5ml of cal/mag per gallon of water you should see the problem disappear.....:circle-of-love:

Dear TheMunchies, please don't worry, there is time slag, when we arranged the shipment, we need one day to get the tracking number from your side:circle-of-love:, that is why we did not give the tracking number to you yesterday. :circle-of-love: I am sure you will get it today. As to the tell number, it is just in case if there is something happens that the delivery man can find you in time to solve it. Please rest assured your information is safe with us. :thanks:
Hey sara,

So i spoke with lucy and she said that the payment was accepted, she also said that my package was being shipped out today.

BUT, She hasn't sent me a tracking number, in fact she asked for my phone number instead so UPS or Fed ex could call me when the package arrived?? This seems odd to me, I feel like I should be getting a tracking number instead of a phone call. Would have purchased elsewhere if I knew this was going to be the case. Feel free to PM me if you would like to speak by Email.

Have any other members experienced this ?
Thanks

Dear venomous, thanks for your question below, and here is my answers:
- for the angels, only the white lights are using the 120 degree angel, others are using 90 degree ones. :circle-of-love: Please don't worry about the coverage, we add the reflector so the coverage is not a problem. :high-five:
- During the veg, please hang the light around 18~24 inches above the plants, and during flower, please hang the light around 12~18 inches above the plants, you can do some adjustment according to your own set ups, and how your plants react to the light. :circle-of-love:
- As to the lumen output data, please check it here Reflector LED Grow Light 96x3w - Mars Hydro
Happy growing :cheer:

P.S.

Hey everyone.

My girl is completely harvested and curing as we speak.

Grand total from ONE plant = 2.65 pounds (trimmed wet weight)!

Not a bad haul for my first grow.

She was grown with two Older Model 100x3 Mars Hydro lights in my 2'x4'x5' tent!

Here are a couple videos documenting the harvest.

You can see my whole journal here: PakaCordova's First Journal For My First Grow - Dinafem Blue Kush - Soil - Nov 2014

Part 1

[video=youtube;0YvLNMZsGNU]
[/video]

Part 2

[video=youtube;418Y3ddmXjs]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom