Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thanks: thank you, super~ :high-five:
You won't be disappointed!! I did my research and decided that Mars-Hydro was the best bang for the buck. There may be better lights out there then my Mar II s but not at the price or even twice the price. I have been very happy with my lights (and tents :) ) from Mars-Hydro. :peace:

:circle-of-love: so beautiful, Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day? Thou are more lovely and more temperate :party:
A couple pictures of my Cherry Bomb getting close to harvest. Grown under a Mars II 900
IMG_20150831_091422.jpg

IMG_20150831_091358.jpg

:circle-of-love: Hi Moto, I am sorry for the mistake. Right now, our Reflector 48 in US is still with 3w. I do hope you will get better result in the second round. :Namaste: The main difference between 3w and 5w is that 5w has better penetration, but 5w will run a bit hotter. In your 36"X20"X64", Reflector 144x3w will also work great. :high-five:
Hi guys/gals!!

I ordered a 144 x 3 earlier this year. Set it up in a 36" x 20" x 64", capn style recirculating top feed w/ grow cubes. Did one criminal + manifold style and made lots of mistakes along the way. Still pulled just under 4 zips dry of superb herb. Second round no manifolding, just lots of LST.. Expecting 6-8 zips this round using Torpedo by VIP!!!(bubblegum x bubblegum)

I have been quite pleased with the performance of the 144 thus far. Which inspired me to purchase what I thought would be a 48 x 5w light for veg. Ended up recieveing a 48 x 3. Ive contacted them and am hoping it won't be a nightmare to get sorted out. So far, it hasn't been a very smooth process. I lost my patience with Sean this morning after the mistake was blamed on me... Repeatedly. Ive since emailed him again with pics, I'm really hoping it will be taken care of without any further issues!!!?!?! I'll leave it at that for the moment.

As far as my 144 x 3w reflector goes. Is it possible to upgrade a 144 x 3w to 144x5w!? Or is it Too much to get into, and better to purchase a new 144x 5 and sell the 5 month old 144x3 at a discounted price!?!?

hey guys, look (and listen!) at this new video for the pro series ...... wow, that girl have a so charming and lovely voice!

[video=youtube;Nv0W68kzuFw]
[/video]

:tokin: you are welcome, Uncle , you are the right person for Sun Series.:love:
Hi Sara,
Not sure if I'm prepared for anything better. Good is good enough for me.
:winkyface:

Thanks again for convincing me to try the Sun Series. No regrets.
:thanks:

:party:thanks for the order, ScienceGrow, it will not let you down. :kiss:
Ordered the Mars II 700 Saturday, just waiting on my tracking number. I've got flowered clones rooted and revegging now, so hopefully it's here by next week so we can get moving. Ready to start my second grow.

From the results you guys are posting, my confidence in my purchase is high. Especially with a 700 in my small space.

Thanks for the help, super~:Namaste:
Congrats on your purchase!! You will be very happy. Just make sure you start your light very high (36" or so) to let the little ones get used to the new "sun" you are giving them. Then move your light down a little every few days while they adjust. :peace:

:cheer: thanks for inviting, I'd love to check.:party:
Hey all, if you get a chance, stop by my new journal below. Kosher Kush and Sharksbreath from feminized seed.

ok the weely update of the ladys under the mars 144x5 in my 2x4x5 foot tent with general hydroponic nutes throughtout he entire grow. i did find some male flowers poking through so i will be pulling them soon but its week 8 1/2 of flower so it wont be too early. so far i have grown 2 rounds of plants under the lights and the quality on the meds has been outstanding and the yealds are def great especally for being such a novice. love mars hydro and my light. the next grow will be a few auto flowers under the 144x5 :Namaste:
IMG_035334.JPG
IMG_035433.JPG
IMG_035528.JPG
IMG_036138.JPG
IMG_036238.JPG
IMG_036337.JPG
IMG_036427.JPG
IMG_036628.JPG
IMG_036724.JPG
IMG_036830.JPG
IMG_036927.JPG
IMG_037027.JPG
IMG_037129.JPG
IMG_037823.JPG
IMG_037923.JPG
IMG_038033.JPG
IMG_038134.JPG
IMG_038231.JPG
IMG_038332.JPG
IMG_038432.JPG
IMG_038531.JPG

and the weekly video if anyone would like a better view, thanx mars hydro family :circle-of-love: everyone has been very great and im stoked that i could be part of such a great community

that's correct, Griz.:cheesygrinsmiley: and thanks for the review. :Namaste: so far so good.:hug:
Personally I would think upgrading goes into power supply, drivers along with the 5W bulbs so trying to upgrade would be easier said than done. I have only had my 144x5s for a week so I can't say too much about them:

They run nice and cool, 24 x 7 not hot at all.
Light penetration is good. I can hold my hand below my canopy (6" of thick LST growth) and still see light hitting my hand
I have 3 in a 5x5 Grow tent and I cannot find a bad spot to put my plants, nice footprint.

I would keep your 144x3. I bet you will find a place for it one day. Grow spaces are like tattoos, you can't stop at one.

:thanks: yes, I agree with you. there is a reason for everything. maybe in the future, you will need it. :Namaste:
I agree, dont sell it, keep it. You will wish you had kept it one day when you go looking for another light for that new project, and that is one the best lights that MarsHydro has ever put out.

:thumb:

great thoughts, Gnarl :thumb: they are not original light any more. The light will also be upgraded to adapt to the updation.:high-five:
Correct Griz. Trying to do all of that yourself even if you were good at it would probably cost way more than just buying a new one by my estimate. Then no guarantee it would work properly because the original light was not designed for those upgrades. Just my thoughts.

I will definetely vote for it. :yahoo:
Anyone know if :420: has a "QOTM"? I think ColoradoGriz has it, Hands Down!

"I would keep your 144x3. I bet you will find a place for it one day. Grow spaces are like tattoos, you can't stop at one. "

Vote Today!
:bravo::slide::goodluck::peacetwo:

Wow, Moto, you have a gift of composition. That description of your Little Torpeto is truly vivid! :thumb: I couldn't help to imagine it, very beautiful. Here is the tip for uploading the pic. Hope it works.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
You should start a grow journal, Moto! :cheer:
Thank you all for your replies!!! I am quite happy with the 144 x 3 for my small tent. Works out to just over 50 real watts draw per sq ft(54watts perr sq/ft I believe 270real draw/5sq) ft. It can be kept within 6" of the tops, ect. The thing it lacks is the penetration needed for fat coca cola size buds... Atleast in my humble opinion. I mean I have a few of the larger colas that are forearm length at the moment... Just a few days short of 4 weeks 12/12.... The spacing is excellent and the hairs are already reaching each other. Just have my doubts as to how thick the 144 x 3 can get the colas!?!? Time will tell for sure. But regardless of what it is able to do, I can bet my last little scud that the 144 x 5 with its extra 45 watts draw and stronger diodes will do it quite a bit better!!!

Question is with the 144 x 3 only being 5-6 months old do I keep it for the next 2 1/2 years ... Knowing I could have fatter scuds the whole time!? Or do I bite the bullet and get the newer version now and let the 144 x 3 collect dust!?

Also, if the 48 x3/5 I have in my veg is 5 watt and my flower light is only 3 watt.. won't that be bad for the stretch when swapping between rooms!?!?

Wish I knew how to post a pic... My little Torpedo"a" is quite a beauty!!! I'm talking wood like beginnings to all the stems before she swaps into hollow branches for delivering all the goodies!!! Fat indica like leaves in veg... and then skinny sativa leaves in flower... with explosive Fast flowering!!! Super impressed with this little lady!!!! Flipped her at only 5 weeks as I had read she would really come to life in flower. Flipped the switch kept her tied down and kept spreading her out. Keeping the 144 x 3 within 6" or so of the tallest colas but everything being pretty flat in general. She filled out the space quickly, and put out white hairs like Ive never seen before!! Already joining together and looking like she will be a monster!!!! Staring to sparkle up in the last week and that yummy gummy smell is iiiinnnsane!! I want to eat her up riiiight now!!! Chew on her stems and see if they can make bubbles!!!! Ha ha!!!!

yes, Mike, it turns out the result from the growers and our test differs. I have to reconsider it in a practical way and the data will be updated at the new website.:Namaste:
where have you been, Mike? Haven't seen you around for a long time.
come on Sara, you are giving different infos for the same question on differents days ..........

before you was saying 1 square meter need mars2 1200W and now you are saying it is overpower ......

well ....

the reality for 1M X 1M is.... 900W is minimum power ..... 1200W is good power ..... and 1600W is full power

im back now and i was missing you gang ....... the low intensity led growers community loll

Back
Top Bottom