Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Would be better with 2xreflector 144 for coverage.

The Mars II 700 and the Reflector 144 both put out about the same true wattage. I personally prefer the reflector, but if you already had a 700, getting another would be a good choice. Not sure about the pricepoints either, but if you can save money with the 700s then that might help with the decision.
:allgood:

Almost

4x4=16x 50 w/sq ft

That works out to 800 watts :thumb:
Yeah. But with cobs you would not need 50W per sqft. 40 will do the job when using 16 COBs. If not using reflectors and go down very close to plants even 30W would be enough during flower

I would pick 9xCitizen 1825 in 3500K or Vero 29 SE 4000K and 3 HLG240/2100. This way you could dim the lights between 0 and 720W and have 45W per square foot and the light will be pretty good priced when DIY.

Maybe 300 bucks for the Vero 29 COBs and the Heatsinks, 200 bucks for power supplies/drivers and 50 bucks for a top notch frame. Great light... Simple to build

4x4/16sqft would be good with 9 COBs. Dimmable from 0 to 80W each you would probably be good using 450 to 500W and get same results then 600W HPS.

The Mars II 700 and the Reflector 144 both put out about the same true wattage. I personally prefer the reflector, but if you already had a 700, getting another would be a good choice. Not sure about the pricepoints either, but if you can save money with the 700s then that might help with the decision.
:allgood:
You wouldn't cover 100% or the space with 2 Mars 2 700's due to the footprint. But you gonna fit ventilators at then yeah :)

Yeah. But with cobs you would not need 50W per sqft. 40 will do the job when using 16 COBs. If not using reflectors and go down very close to plants even 30W would be enough during flower

I would pick 9xCitizen 1825 in 3500K or Vero 29 SE 4000K and 3 HLG240/2100. This way you could dim the lights between 0 and 720W and have 45W per square foot and the light will be pretty good priced when DIY.

Maybe 300 bucks for the Vero 29 COBs and the Heatsinks, 200 bucks for power supplies/drivers and 50 bucks for a top notch frame. Great light... Simple to build

Hi Seymore. This is a Mars Hydro sponsored thread. I'm sure we all appreciate the comparisons you provide, but they would be much more appropriate in a separate thread.
:hmmmm:
Thanks for understanding.

I confirmed that we will not have 420Sale discount,but we will have gift to give to our customers.
Mars-hydro T-shirt
Mars-hydro LED grow light use glasses
Mars-hydro YOYO hanger
Which one do you want to have?:welcome:
-1_1_.jpg

500-2.jpg

The Glasses

Hey smoker sara I started a youtube channel, gonna test some lights side by side hopefully. Right now I only have a couple videos but lots mkre to come. Figured I would throw up a link for all interrested where there are some reflector series lights there. Like and subscribe guys, the more I can get and views the more support I will have. Give me some good input please.
link to a video, you can follow to the channel.. just started 2 days ago.

Fusion Hut Grow Tent With Mars Hydro Reflector Grow - YouTube

:circle-of-love:yes,you can do that,plants enjoy of more lights,if you worry about too much power,you can hang the light higher.:high-five:
Hello, I bought two Mars2 700 with a 3x3x6 tent. I have started a Scrog set up and was wondering if I could use both lights at the same time during the flowering period. My question is, would two be too much?

haha,just like kids got enough of candys,they will be super happy:cheer:
Welcome Eugene. You've come to the right place.:thumb:
Both lights would give you about 66.6 watts per square foot. That's a bit on the high end, but should make your girls very happy. Keep an eye on things and adjust height as necessary!

:high-five:

Makes sense... Went a lil too deep but what i wanted to say was it would not need 800 at all :)

That's individual opinion cause I run well over 50w per sq ft in a 2'x2' tent for veg and a 2'3"x2'3" tent for bloom... And actually in my bloom tent I also run a 300w old style M-H panel for side lighting... So that on top of a 144x5w reflector... I'd much rather have to much light than not enough as long as the temps aren't an issue and imo the reflectors put out very little heat... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:goof:...:circle-of-love:

Count me in,i'm also one of the true believer in :more lights will be better.:volcano-smiley:
Eugene... I'm a true believer that the more light the better. As mentioned above... Be sure to keep an eye on your temps and have plenty of air flow... :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom