Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Cutomer sent us this pic which growing under Reflector144.In this picture,he only turn on the Bloom switches,which we do not recommend to do that.For reflector series,during flowering stage,must turn on both switches.The Growth switch control the fans,Bloom switch do not .If didn't turn on the Growth swich,the heat can not dissipate,it will affect the lifespan of the lights.
red_144.png

:circle-of-love:Before we made some lights without switches,but no all of the Mars II series are switchable.:high-five:
Yes,i understand that you may need corrosive substance for your growing,but the LED lights built with some metal,there is metal holder parts which may be damaged by those corrosive substance gradually.:high-five:
If you really to need to use,when you use it,you can use it when you switch off the light and take the lights out,after you finish ,you can move the light back.:high-five:
My mars 2 has no switches. None necessary. My eshine leds had bloom/veg switches. They always stay
In bloom too. No need to switch them, I want all watts on, not only some.

As for "corrosive environment" we are growing plants, the lights made for plant growing should be able to take plant growing environments. I have never abused my lights.

:circle-of-love:If anyone ask me to recommend a light,i will recommend the Mars Pro II series,it will better built-up and better growing result.:high-five:And yes,it will be easier to repair,even no need to send to repair center to change diodes,only need to change the small PCB group by yourself,just open the light then change the small group:high-five:
For Mars II and Reflector series,many growers has been using this two model a long time,they also can do great work.As they install with lens,they may have diodes problem,but we have warranty policy,no matter what happen to our lights,we will try our best to help.:high-five:

My suggestion to improve would be to bring back the three year warranty and then reengineer the lights to actually last that long. Especially on the extremely expensive pro 2 lights. A $700 light (plus however many trips it will be require to the repair centre at $50 each time) should not be disposable after only 2 years.

All of your lights on your website falsely claim "Lifespan:50000 hours" (that is 76 years at 18 hours per day) weird how they can't even make it two years without failing, and realizability is so bad you reduced the warranty from three years to two years on most of your lights and only one year on your sold on Amazon lights (I had to buy a mars 600 from Amazon to cover my grow for weeks while this is repaired, I would not drop another us$396 for a disposable mars 2 "700")

My light (and all other models) you said had a lifespan of 500,000 hours, made it to about 9600 hours and failed. Now I have to pay $50 to ship a $400 light to get fixed and there is a good chance it will fail repeatedly as per other customers reports, so what I pay $50 each time? That lifespan thing should be removed, it is very false advertising intentionally used to deceive customers into thinking the lights lasts 50 times longer than they actually do.

:circle-of-love:Before we made some lights without switches,but no all of the Mars II series are switchable.:high-five:
Yes,i understand that you may need corrosive substance for your growing,but the LED lights built with some metal,there is metal holder parts which may be damaged by those corrosive substance gradually.:high-five:
If you really to need to use,when you use it,you can use it when you switch off the light and take the lights out,after you finish ,you can move the light back.:high-five:

I don't ever use any corrosive substances. Just normal liquid plant ferilizer. I don't do any foliage sprays or any of that. My cheap eshine 3G leds are doing fine twice as old as your mars 2 with no problems in same environment.

If you go with the Pro II series,it's with better built-up,upgraded chips and driver.If any diodes went out,you may not need to send to our repair center,only need to open the light to change the group of PCB board which have problem.Only need a screwdriver to do that.:high-five:
LED diodes lifespan is 50000hours,but when we use it,there are many factors will affect it: the heat,using condition,corrosive substance.We bought the chips from Epistar company,so as many other LED grow light companies.:high-five:
We changed the warranty policy not because our light can only last for two years,it's cause we provide a very low price for our lights.
We checked other company's warranty also,they may tell their customers they give 5 years warranty,but they didn't give you every details of it.After we read their policy carefully,they only cover part of the shipping fee,then all the other charges will be covered by their customer.:high-five:
And our repair service will receive some lights which sold out under other company's name and brand,because they can not find theri after sale service.We can repair for them,and they need to pay all the charges.But still can not sure we can repair all the lights we receive,for we may not have the same replacement parts which other LED company used.:high-five:
But no matter what happend with our lights,we will always try our best to help our customers.:high-five:
My suggestion to improve would be to bring back the three year warranty and then reengineer the lights to actually last that long. especially on the extremely expensive pro 2 lights. A $700 light (plus however many trips it will require to the ship at $50 each) should not be disposable after only 2 years.

All of your lights on your website falsely claim "Lifespan:50000 hours" (that is 76 years at 18 hours per day) weird how they can't even make it two years without failing, and realizability is so bad you reduced the warranty to two years on most of your lights and only one year on your sold on Amazon lights (I had to buy a mars 600 from Amazon to cover my grow for weeks while this is repaired)

My light (and all other models) you said had a lifespan of 500,000 hours, made it to about 9600 hours and failed. Now I have to pay $50 to ship a $400 light to get fixed and there is a good chance it will fail repeatedly as per other customers reports so what I pay $50 each time? That lifespan thing should be removed, it is very false advertising intentionally used to deceive customers into thinking the lights lasts 50 times longer than they actually do.

:circle-of-love:After you send your light to our repair service,we can check for you what cause the issue.:high-five:
I don't ever use any corrosive substances. Just normal liquid plant ferilizer. I don't do any foliage sprays or any of that. My cheap eshine 3G leds are doing fine twice as old as your mars 2 with no problems in same environment.

:circle-of-love:After you send your light to our repair service,we can check for you what cause the issue.:high-five:

You should do that every time and feedback to your designers. If your product can not take normal growing conditions then it needs improvement. Send your people this wiki to show them how it's supposed to work:
Continual improvement process - Wikipedia
Much better than the warranty reduction process they are using now 8-(

im looking at getting the 400w does that mean i should just put in the extra cash and get the pro2 ? id hate to spend that much just for it to bugger out

Hey Jimdog. The Mars Pro II 80 would be the equivalent of the Mars 400. I think you would be much happier in the long run with the Pro II 80. I have a Pro II 160 in a tent with a Mars II 400 beside it. Both good lights, the Pro II are of a much better build though.

:circle-of-love:Cutomer sent us this pic which growing under Reflector144.In this picture,he only turn on the Bloom switches,which we do not recommend to do that.For reflector series,during flowering stage,must turn on both switches.The Growth switch control the fans,Bloom switch do not .If didn't turn on the Growth swich,the heat can not dissipate,it will affect the lifespan of the lights.
There are some easy solutions you could explore. You could have it that the bloom will not switch on unless veg is on. You could label the switches "Master/Veg" and "Bloom". Or a "Master" on/off switch, and a rocker switch for veg (veg spectrum only) and bloom (full spectrum). I'm sure I could come up with even more solutions as well.

I read this and have a question

Dear customers,
The big day 420 is coming,Mars-hydro will celebrate with you guys together.Place order for Mars Pro II series,Mars II seris,Reflector series,Grow tent,you can choose gift from the following 3 items as gift:Mars-hydro T-shirt,Mars-hdyro LED grow light,YOYO hanger.
As the gifts quantity is limited,one customer only choose gift once,multiple orders with same customer information,we will regard as one.
After you place your order,please contact with solutions@mars-hydro.com with your order number to choose your gift,we will send your gift together with your lights.As we need confirm your shipping address and which gift you will choose,please reply our email as soon as possible,otherwise the delivery time will be delayed.
Thanks for your support for Mars-hydro.We will try our best to provide better products and offer better service.
Activity time:April 20th-23th.
--------Mars-hydro Team

Posted in Latest News By Sara hu

What kind of grow light are you offering for the 4/20 purchase? "Mars-hydro T-shirt,Mars-hdyro LED grow light,YOYO hanger"

:circle-of-love:Yes,we did that all the time,everytime when our customer send light to our repair service,they will check what caused the light issuse.:high-five:And we will explain to our customer also.:high-five:
LED grow light with metal parts for the diodes,many grower may not noticed that,and they used corrosive substance,it will graudally cause the diodes went out.:Namaste:
And the chips tech upgraded fast than the lens tech,it may cuase darken the lens.we are always keeping upgrade our tech.:high-five:
That's how the Mars Pro II series published,it install without lens.
You should do that every time and feedback to your designers. If your product can not take normal growing conditions then it needs improvement. Send your people this wiki to show them how it's supposed to work:
Continual improvement process - Wikipedia
Much better than the warranty reduction process they are using now 8-(

:thanks:yes,the Mars Pro II Epistar80 with much better built-up:bravo:
Hey Jimdog. The Mars Pro II 80 would be the equivalent of the Mars 400. I think you would be much happier in the long run with the Pro II 80. I have a Pro II 160 in a tent with a Mars II 400 beside it. Both good lights, the Pro II are of a much better build though.

:goodjob:I will consult with our engineer that if we can change it to:both switches can control all the fans alone.I think this will be better.:high-five:
But still we suggest growers turn on both switches during flowering stage to get enough power for their plants.:Namaste:
There are some easy solutions you could explore. You could have it that the bloom will not switch on unless veg is on. You could label the switches "Master/Veg" and "Bloom". Or a "Master" on/off switch, and a rocker switch for veg (veg spectrum only) and bloom (full spectrum). I'm sure I could come up with even more solutions as well.

:circle-of-love:Morning Lookout,from April 20th-23th,anyonce purchase Mars Pro II series,Mars II seris,Reflector series lights or Grow tent,you can get the chance to choose gift from the following 3 items as gift:Mars-hydro T-shirt,Mars-hdyro LED grow light,YOYO hanger.:high-five:
I read this and have a question

Dear customers,
The big day 420 is coming,Mars-hydro will celebrate with you guys together.Place order for Mars Pro II series,Mars II seris,Reflector series,Grow tent,you can choose gift from the following 3 items as gift:Mars-hydro T-shirt,Mars-hdyro LED grow light,YOYO hanger.
As the gifts quantity is limited,one customer only choose gift once,multiple orders with same customer information,we will regard as one.
After you place your order,please contact with solutions@mars-hydro.com with your order number to choose your gift,we will send your gift together with your lights.As we need confirm your shipping address and which gift you will choose,please reply our email as soon as possible,otherwise the delivery time will be delayed.
Thanks for your support for Mars-hydro.We will try our best to provide better products and offer better service.
Activity time:April 20th-23th.
--------Mars-hydro Team

Posted in Latest News By Sara hu

What kind of grow light are you offering for the 4/20 purchase? "Mars-hydro T-shirt,Mars-hdyro LED grow light,YOYO hanger"

If i'm the boss,you buy a Mars Pro II Epistar320,i will give you a Mars Pro II Epistar320 as gift:volcano-smiley: Morning ,by the way
If you buy a 320 epistar we should get a free reflector 80 or 96 or 128

Back
Top Bottom