Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I ordered 2 Mars Hydro Pro II 128 CREE's in December 2016. I started my cycle in April and about to harvest in a few weeks. this morning I opened my tent and found that the veg lights are all out. Only the Bloom (red) lights are working. The other Pro II 128 CREE is working fine. This is hugely problematic as I'm deep into flower and now only the Bloom lights work on one of my lights. I've had these lights less than a year and this is the first issue I've run into. I can't say I'm very happy since these lights are pretty and now one of them is broken while I'm deep into flower. I sent Smoke Sara and marshydro (the sale person was Coco) an email and have not heard back from either. Let's see how the customer service is since I've only had these since January (bought in late December 2016). I hope to get a new one sent asap or this one replaced asap. Either way, I need to finish up this cycle, and having 1.5 working lights out of 2 is not ideal whatsoever

I ordered 2 Mars Hydro Pro II 128 CREE's in December 2016. I started my cycle in April and about to harvest in a few weeks. this morning I opened my tent and found that the veg lights are all out. Only the Bloom (red) lights are working. The other Pro II 128 CREE is working fine. This is hugely problematic as I'm deep into flower and now only the Bloom lights work on one of my lights. I've had these lights less than a year and this is the first issue I've run into. I can't say I'm very happy since these lights are pretty and now one of them is broken while I'm deep into flower. I sent Smoke Sara and marshydro (the sale person was Coco) an email and have not heard back from either. Let's see how the customer service is since I've only had these since January (bought in late December 2016). I hope to get a new one sent asap or this one replaced asap. Either way, I need to finish up this cycle, and having 1.5 working lights out of 2 is not ideal whatsoever

From what I've seen they will take care of you quick. They will even ship you the parts to fix yourself and it will be faster.

Don't worry. It's probably just some broken power supplies. They're extremely easy to fix. Will take you an hour. Mars send pars express

They're in China. They're sleeping now. They come at work in a few hours if I am not mistaken. I also believe it's Lucy who is doing the customer support these days. Usually her or Sara that helps me out

Hope you're right! Still haven't heard from Sarah or Coco....

No need to send the lamps. I succeeded to use the parts from one of the lamps to fix the other. Now I have 2 320's that works and 1 320 that is dead. Here is my repair summary:

First in their broken state. 4 blue sections are dead
001_-_Broken_lamps_1_and_2.jpg

Opened the lamps, swapped drivers to determine which parts are broken, Determined cause of dead sections in both lamps were broken power supplies - Put a piece of tape with R.I.P on the broken parts.
Lamp_1_-_Two_broken_power_supplies.jpg

Lamp_1_PCB_Number_1.jpg

Second lamp - Also here the power supplies for the two blue sections were dead. Marked with tape and R.I.P

Lamp_2_-_Two_broken_power_supplies.jpg

Second lamp also have a broken LED-section. Should fix that as well while the lamp is open, so I need a new one of those as well
lamp_2_-_broken_section.jpg

Marking the dead part with tape and writing R.I.P.

Noticing that all the sections have either identical PCB numbers or almost identical numbers. This applies to all 3 lamps
Lamp_2_-_PCB_number_on_broken_led_section.jpg

Then I took the two remaining working power supplies from lamp #2 and replaced the bad ones in lamp #1 with those. Then we screwed everything together and we connected it and we pressed the buttons - Voila! We're back in business. Lamp #1 is now fixed.
lamps_after_repair.jpg

That second lamp there is now missing a section of LED's and 4 power supplies. I hope Mars-Hydro can send parts as fast as possible because I worry something may happen while I do not have a working spare light. I want to fix it so I can feel safe again :)

Here is the broken parts list:

4x 100 watt power supply for the blue sections on Mars Pro II Epistar 320
1x LED section for Mars Pro II Epistar 320 - because of dead bulbs. Swapping drivers did not fix that, so that one is broken

So that is a total of 5 broken parts. Hope they don't get stuck in customs this time. I do however think the problems are over for this time.
Dude you got all kinds of lights...lucky you..of you ever wanna part with one send me a pm. I'm in desperate need. Lots of flower power there lol

I chopped the cheese down

She is hung and drying...few nice sized buds there and some not so dense as others...should be a happy harvest

420-magazine-mobile560717848.jpg

They're looking great! What strain is it Indy?

I indeed do have some lamps.

In 2015 I bought the first pro series. Mars Pro Epistar 160. For a small 80x80x160 tent. Programmable spectrum, timer, remote control. Very cool lamp.

Then in 2016 I bought 3x Mars Pro II Epistar 320 to build my main-room. 2 of them is in use and one is the spare lamp in case anything breaks. And when you grow as much as me, something will break so I try to keep doubles of as much as I can afford really

Then early this year I won the Third Mars Hydro cup and won 4x Mars Pro II Epistar 80 & 4 60 cm grow-bars. Really cool stuff. They even gave me a tent for it.

Then this summer I won the COB as you already know.

So indeed I do have quite a few lamps.

The COB is so cool. Am definitely going to buy 2-3 more of those for my main-room

So you need 4x 100 watt power supply for the blue sections and 1x LED section right? we will send you the parts that you need.:high-five:
Your repairing work look great, glad the other two light back to work

No need to send the lamps. I succeeded to use the parts from one of the lamps to fix the other. Now I have 2 320's that works and 1 320 that is dead. Here is my repair summary:

First in their broken state. 4 blue sections are dead
001_-_Broken_lamps_1_and_2.jpg

Opened the lamps, swapped drivers to determine which parts are broken, Determined cause of dead sections in both lamps were broken power supplies - Put a piece of tape with R.I.P on the broken parts.
Lamp_1_-_Two_broken_power_supplies.jpg

Lamp_1_PCB_Number_1.jpg

Second lamp - Also here the power supplies for the two blue sections were dead. Marked with tape and R.I.P

Lamp_2_-_Two_broken_power_supplies.jpg

Second lamp also have a broken LED-section. Should fix that as well while the lamp is open, so I need a new one of those as well
lamp_2_-_broken_section.jpg

Marking the dead part with tape and writing R.I.P.

Noticing that all the sections have either identical PCB numbers or almost identical numbers. This applies to all 3 lamps
Lamp_2_-_PCB_number_on_broken_led_section.jpg

Then I took the two remaining working power supplies from lamp #2 and replaced the bad ones in lamp #1 with those. Then we screwed everything together and we connected it and we pressed the buttons - Voila! We're back in business. Lamp #1 is now fixed.
lamps_after_repair.jpg

That second lamp there is now missing a section of LED's and 4 power supplies. I hope Mars-Hydro can send parts as fast as possible because I worry something may happen while I do not have a working spare light. I want to fix it so I can feel safe again :)

Here is the broken parts list:

4x 100 watt power supply for the blue sections on Mars Pro II Epistar 320
1x LED section for Mars Pro II Epistar 320 - because of dead bulbs. Swapping drivers did not fix that, so that one is broken

So that is a total of 5 broken parts. Hope they don't get stuck in customs this time. I do however think the problems are over for this time.

Snoogensz, So sorry about the trouble:sorry: can you PM me your email address?

Thank you so much for the kindly words:thanks:
Yes, any problems about our light we will responsible for that:high-five: so when your lights have problem you can send email to us or talk with with on here;)

From what I've seen they will take care of you quick. They will even ship you the parts to fix yourself and it will be faster.

Thank you Deville, Yes, you might right, the light sounds like the power supply for the blue section has went out. but need to further confirmation.

Don't worry. It's probably just some broken power supplies. They're extremely easy to fix. Will take you an hour. Mars send pars express

They're looking great! What strain is it Indy?

It's Cheese from CanukSeeds at TrueNorthSeedBank.com

Hope she yields well. Was a blast growing her.

Gorilla Glue #4 is next

Snoogensz, Coco had asked for leave, so can you PM me your email address, I will check my email box.
Terribly sorry
Hope you're right! Still haven't heard from Sarah or Coco....

Yeah, we have time difference, usually we will reply the email or the posts on forums like here within 12 hours during the working days, weekends or holidays will take longer.

Usually like 7 CST that they come on. I think 12 or 13 hours time change.

Definitely right, Now we are back to work:high-five:
Lucy and Jennifer charge for the website orders and repair centers, so you can contact with me here or send email to Lucy: service@mars-hydro.com or Jennifer: solutions@mars-hydro.com when the lights have problems. we all would like to help you:Namaste:

They're in China. They're sleeping now. They come at work in a few hours if I am not mistaken. I also believe it's Lucy who is doing the customer support these days. Usually her or Sara that helps me out

Congratulations Indy:bravo:
Do you need someone help you taste the buds:cheesygrinsmiley: I'm always ready

I chopped the cheese down

She is hung and drying...few nice sized buds there and some not so dense as others...should be a happy harvest

420-magazine-mobile560717848.jpg

So you need 4x 100 watt power supply for the blue sections and 1x LED section right? we will send you the parts that you need.:high-five:
Your repairing work look great, glad the other two light back to work
That is correct Sara. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom