Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thanks again, I have been reading lots about growing for the last year. Decided on coco scrog , using Advance Nutes. I've been feeding twice a day @ 1175 ppm and trying to keep ph at 5.8. 5 gallon pots, I try for 10 - 20 % run off at every feeding. I have it all automated now.

My last girl before she was cut down, gorilla glue, 2x2 tent mars 300, should be finished drying and ready to jar sat.
20180719_100324.jpg

They will fill up your empty jars with beautiful buds :welldone:Expect to know how many grams each watt you will harvest.

What's size of pots are you using... larger pot size will get you bigger plants... also different strains will be different heights... also maybe veg for a extra week

Thanks for your suggestions Ltibitiguy, I will forward it to that customer. :thanks: :love:

Critical Kush & CBD Critical mass, 3’ x 3’ scrog, 4 plants. 3 weeks into flower. QB 304 260 watt xw.
72772469-85BD-453D-AD33-E796D3B79CE8.jpeg
F90B9EEE-1AC8-43E5-91BA-BC69134E0906.jpeg
31F7CBBB-1E18-4C69-A52A-D723A8882331.jpeg

These girls are green and healthy :cheer: :welldone:

Thanks again, I have been reading lots about growing for the last year. Decided on coco scrog , using Advance Nutes. I've been feeding twice a day @ 1175 ppm and trying to keep ph at 5.8. 5 gallon pots, I try for 10 - 20 % run off at every feeding. I have it all automated now.

420 is a good platform for us to learn and share, well done :thanks:

Do you have idea to help this grower' pants grow taller?

"I am currently using three Mars 2 400 W grow lights in a 4‘ x 4‘ tent. I am growing hydroponically. I am using a good meter and monitoring the nutrients and pH continually. Prior to this I grew in dirt with the same result. That’s why am questioning the lights. I’m getting a fairly good yield. But the plants aren’t growing more than 20 inches tall "

First, if it's an autoflower in a small pot, you need to start those in their final/large containers. Even then, I've seen some stunted autos.

Assuming it's a photo strain, how long are the plants being vegged? Typically, the plant will close to double (with an Indica) or even triple (with a Sativa) in size once flowering is triggered. They just need to veg until the plant is about 1/3 to 1/2 the size they want when finished. Prior grows will tell you how much a specific strain "stretches" during flower.

I do have to say I thought I'd save alot of heat with this light? (1600) Not near what I was hoping for. The hard thing,, is it isn't ventable. Unlike my air cooled hoods with the HID Magnums. The radiant heat infront of the lamp is less than the 1000, watters,, but the hood is only 5 degrees cooler than my HID hoods. And if I was to run ductwork on my HID they wood be abit cooler than the LED light is...........

I still haven't started the side by side,, LED/HID. Temps have been up to close to 100 outside. But I'd be starting later this week I think. Next week will be cooler. Least afew degrees... The grow will be clones all of the same parents, age, pot size, and food. I'll be doing 4 under each hood. I have heard good things about these lights. So I have to see. Well I been setting this up for afew weeks. It's ready to kick off any day. Anyone is welcome...

Sorry to chime out. Hope all's gardens are green.

I do have to say I thought I'd save alot of heat with this light? (1600) Not near what I was hoping for. The hard thing,, is it isn't ventable. Unlike my air cooled hoods with the HID Magnums. The radiant heat infront of the lamp is less than the 1000, watters,, but the hood is only 5 degrees cooler than my HID hoods. And if I was to run ductwork on my HID they wood be abit cooler than the LED light is...........

I still haven't started the side by side,, LED/HID. Temps have been up to close to 100 outside. But I'd be starting later this week I think. Next week will be cooler. Least afew degrees... The grow will be clones all of the same parents, age, pot size, and food. I'll be doing 4 under each hood. I have heard good things about these lights. So I have to see. Well I been setting this up for afew weeks. It's ready to kick off any day. Anyone is welcome...

The marsII1600 is about 630W. It can help you save much electricity.Expect your updating. :circle-of-love:
Have a good weekend. :cheer:

Well I'm off to the Rodeo. I started my little grow... I don't pull punches about shit... But I also promised Mars I'd throw a plug out for them.....
Anyone care to follow...... Here's that hook up;
Our Ongoing Grows

I hope all's gardens are green and Keepem Green

Kind of a sneak peak... I got temps down to 76 degrees... The strain acts like this at dark,, and these just come from out back in the 'COOL' evening. She will perk up at sunrise,, and look over watered at night every time.. BUT she grows outta it. But here's the line up. Sorry to say I won't be updated it over here,,, cept a pic or two every once in awhile............. I stay busy enough with my own journal

Kind of a sneak peak... I got temps down to 76 degrees... The strain acts like this at dark,, and these just come from out back in the 'COOL' evening. She will perk up at sunrise,, and look over watered at night every time.. BUT she grows outta it. But here's the line up. Sorry to say I won't be updated it over here,,, cept a pic or two every once in awhile............. I stay busy enough with my own journal

Nice looking plants man! Weird how they act all drooped like that.

I agree with that. LED lights do get quite warm. My grow tent is generally a few degrees hotter than the room temp. I wonder if there is a vented hood large enough to fit a LED light inside... that would be useful for summer months.

Back
Top Bottom