Max temp grow room

Hey datfatboi.
I don't like going over 30 for my canopy. Some strains will take it, others not so much.
You can run hotter temps if you supplement co2 into the tent, but that can work out expensive also.

Hey datfatboi.
I don't like going over 30 for my canopy. Some strains will take it, others not so much.
You can run hotter temps if you supplement co2 into the tent, but that can work out expensive also.

Your going to have a few hot spots. fans to circulate that hot air i have one right over my canopy.Well 6 in total intake outtake usb one over canopy nice and weak one at end of my ducting to blow cool air at pots and under the ladies and 2 clip on fans. extreme i know but uk weather right now is murder on my ladies.PS cool air is straight from outside.
And thats just the one tent. :cool: winter is another story 3 at most and intake never on much

Anything above 30C at the canopy try and move the plants so they are not directly under the lamps. So if say you have a main cola thats taller - move it slightly off center from the direct lighting. Put the back side of your hand at the tallest bud site and see if you can feel more heat than ambient.

Fans dont require very much energy and are very very helpful keeping plants cool.

You need to water extra when they are hot. Plants transpire like hoo-mans sweat its the same deal they will also change the leaf angle to take advantage of the cooler breezes.

Just another function of fan leaves... why they call them FAN leaves. One of their functions is to help with transpiration and keeping the plant cooler.

I've ran in 35c and humid ... problem will be PM and other pests. They like it hot and DRY. Bud rot or botrytis likes it hot and humid.

So you have that going for you. More air movement the better. A few bucks a month for the fan electricity shouldn't be your concern.

Suggest looking into wetable sulfur and spray the plants with it. This will tco molds, PM and pests and it works. 1x a week even every 10 days is enough to keep you in the clear.

Anything above 30C at the canopy try and move the plants so they are not directly under the lamps. So if say you have a main cola thats taller - move it slightly off center from the direct lighting. Put the back side of your hand at the tallest bud site and see if you can feel more heat than ambient.

Fans dont require very much energy and are very very helpful keeping plants cool.

You need to water extra when they are hot. Plants transpire like hoo-mans sweat its the same deal they will also change the leaf angle to take advantage of the cooler breezes.

Just another function of fan leaves... why they call them FAN leaves. One of their functions is to help with transpiration and keeping the plant cooler.

I've ran in 35c and humid ... problem will be PM and other pests. They like it hot and DRY. Bud rot or botrytis likes it hot and humid.

So you have that going for you. More air movement the better. A few bucks a month for the fan electricity shouldn't be your concern.

Suggest looking into wetable sulfur and spray the plants with it. This will tco molds, PM and pests and it works. 1x a week even every 10 days is enough to keep you in the clear.
Well but its 28c in my house.... So grow room is only 2c more, why do ppl say 30 is the max? My plants outdoors can handle up to 50c when the sun is blowing on them... How is one supposed to keep temps lower than 30 in hot countries? (Obviously a/c isn't an option considering its gonna draw at least 600w continuously which is an absurd amount of power to have 24/7)

It's getting hotter now so there is no way to rly keep the inside of my house under 28....

The joys of growing in summer , its a never ending battle you wont win.Unless you throw money at it which sounds
like your not about to do.A lot of people in hot places stop growing in there summer months.Look into strains that
like the heat if u dont want to waste money and try those in your hot months. And C02 my friend is why plants handle
it better outside in the sun. Also most places you get 4 hours maybe 5 of real hot heat not 12.

The joys of growing in summer , its a never ending battle you wont win.Unless you throw money at it which sounds
like your not about to do.A lot of people in hot places stop growing in there summer months.Look into strains that
like the heat if u dont want to waste money and try those in your hot months. And C02 my friend is why plants handle
it better outside in the sun. Also most places you get 4 hours maybe 5 of real hot heat not 12.
Hello skunksa, tuned in here as I was just wondering about when heat becomes an issue. I have a grow going, look it up if you want, it’s Quebec Blue Grow. So I’m at 50 days since light flip and temps have been good up until just a week or so ago. But of an early heatwave here in Southern Ontario, so now inside my tent I’ve been averaging probably about 28/29 degrees. Now I’ve good air circulation as well as a Co2 exhale bag. I noticed you had said when outside and extremely hot plants do better because of Co2 and not getting full 12hrs of it. I don’t feel I need to worry and plant looks fine. Happy smoking!

Weed thrives in hot weather, but 33c is pretty high for a flower tent. That’s over 90f.
Good airflow is muy importante though. It needs that fresh air and co2.
Bring humidity levels up to keep the plants functioning correctly. VPD charts can give you a good range of temp/humidity.
Also a more accurate method of determining temps is to take a surface reading of the leaf.

Hello skunksa, tuned in here as I was just wondering about when heat becomes an issue. I have a grow going, look it up if you want, it’s Quebec Blue Grow. So I’m at 50 days since light flip and temps have been good up until just a week or so ago. But of an early heatwave here in Southern Ontario, so now inside my tent I’ve been averaging probably about 28/29 degrees. Now I’ve good air circulation as well as a Co2 exhale bag. I noticed you had said when outside and extremely hot plants do better because of Co2 and not getting full 12hrs of it. I don’t feel I need to worry and plant looks fine. Happy smoking!
The op asked why plants can handle it outside but not in heat wise .My answer was strain and co2 not like u have purple haze growing in the hills of lets say japan but i bet they have a strain that deals with the weather con.Also the sun moves
your leds/hps does not.It was already spoke about IF u add c02 you could go higher so no need for me to go over that.
Glad your grow is going well will pop by :thumb:

Weed thrives in hot weather, but 33c is pretty high for a flower tent. That’s over 90f.

weed actually likes it a bit more moderate. even equatorial sativas famously grow on mountainsides, where both temp and rh are more moderate and there is more air movement, than the valleys where most folk live.

to @datfatboi - @bobrown14 and @Listersmeghead are both giving good advice. pretty much where i'd be.

the only thing i would add is : what is your lighting ? if you are still old tech HID lighting, there is a ton to be gained in LED, as far as advancing control of your temps and environment.

Don’t tell that to my plants. They may see nearly 2 months of temps over 100. But these are “equatorial” varieties.

You are right, I know hemp and hash plant types do well in the cooler climes. And cannabis doesn’t usually go feral below latitudes of 35. That shows it likes cooler temps and distinct seasons.

i have to shut it down here in summer for the same reasons.

i just finished a 100 day + flower time sativa run. anyone who is serious about growing has got to do sativa runs time to time. such a frickin pain but the weed is so worth it.

Back
Top Bottom