Mdlroad Outdoor Desert Grow

I'm on the opposite end from you from early June till late Sept 100+ everyday. It eats on you. 2020 was brutal broke the record for 100+ days in a year and latest 100 degree day it was 105 in early Nov. If it goes below 70 we feel cold. If it gets too hot I can bring em in. Soon the night temps won't be a problem
Thats bloody hot. I love the heat ,dampness here with the cold is hard on my old bones. All I can do is dream of that heat for now. Summer can't come soon enough.

Thats bloody hot. I love the heat ,dampness here with the cold is hard on my old bones. All I can do is dream of that heat for now. Summer can't come soon enough.
Don't mean to be cruel. I only do this to friends in winter

Screenshot_20210314-073458.png

Don't mean to be cruel. I only do this to friends in winter

Screenshot_20210314-073458.png
Haha I do this to my old friends in MI all the time. But come summer we are the ones suffering for sure. I hate the heat and you’re right, last summer was brutal.

I decided I'm only gonna put 2 outside I don't want to lose too many if things go wrong. It's for the learning anyway. These are the 2 when they get big enough to kick outta the house. One sprouted with only 1 cotyledon but she's growing we'll see if she makes it.

IMG_20210310_113252012_HDR.jpg

Wow those leafed out fast! My second batch of 3 were super slow but they’ve been outside the whole time so the cooler nights probably didn’t help.
I have babies for outdoor grow. They hatched this morning

IMG_20210308_091901274.jpg

IMG_20210308_091829769.jpg
Well here we go. Gonna put these 2 girls outside tomorrow. 1 gorilla glue auto and either another GG or a cream IDK. My shakey hand mixed up some seeds. Anyway they'll be going in 7 gallon fabric pots. Soil is 2parts Ocean Forest 1 part Happy Frog with added perlite. I'll be using GeoFlora nutes. I'll decide on how much and when later. The desert conditions are gonna be a challenge some good some not so much. I'm in the sunniest city in the world that's a plus. However the low humidity will be a problem they will dry out fast. The low humidity creates another problem it causes huge temp changes for example 60°f at dawn 95°f in the afternoon. Since these are autos I'm hoping to harvest before the nasty heat arrives. The other problem is wind it does get windy here quite frequently. I have a nice spot in backyard where they can't be seen. We have a localized problem with skunks so if the neighbors get a white they won't pay any attention. The neighbors are snowbirds they'll be gone in about a month anyway. I will try to post frequently. Weather conditions plant response etc. If conditions get outta hand I can move em in and out

IMG_20210313_092653782_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210313_092649365_HDR.jpg

Well here we go. Gonna put these 2 girls outside tomorrow. 1 gorilla glue auto and either another GG or a cream IDK. My shakey hand mixed up some seeds. Anyway they'll be going in 7 gallon fabric pots. Soil is 2parts Ocean Forest 1 part Happy Frog with added perlite. I'll be using GeoFlora nutes. I'll decide on how much and when later. The desert conditions are gonna be a challenge some good some not so much. I'm in the sunniest city in the world that's a plus. However the low humidity will be a problem they will dry out fast. The low humidity creates another problem it causes huge temp changes for example 60°f at dawn 95°f in the afternoon. Since these are autos I'm hoping to harvest before the nasty heat arrives. The other problem is wind it does get windy here quite frequently. I have a nice spot in backyard where they can't be seen. We have a localized problem with skunks so if the neighbors get a white they won't pay any attention. The neighbors are snowbirds they'll be gone in about a month anyway. I will try to post frequently. Weather conditions plant response etc. If conditions get outta hand I can move em in and out

Again with the sunshine. Ok we know its sunny, do you have to keep telling how sunny. I'd love a little heat here my icicle garden is starting to flower for crying out loud. Just kidding of course I'm looking forward to seeing how your girls do ,the rh is going to give you grief i fear. Should be a good grow my friend.

Again with the sunshine. Ok we know its sunny, do you have to keep telling how sunny. I'd love a little heat here my icicle garden is starting to flower for crying out loud. Just kidding of course I'm looking forward to seeing how your girls do ,the rh is going to give you grief i fear. Should be a good grow my friend.
I'm not expecting anything great more for the learning. I have my next indoor grow planned. I'll ease up on the weather stuff. You can laugh at me when it's 115° and no relief for months

I'm not expecting anything great more for the learning. I have my next indoor grow planned. I'll ease up on the weather stuff. You can laugh at me when it's 115° and no relief for months
I gest at ny own expense, I'm a big fan so don't stop on my account. I would never make lite of anyone stuck in the 115 degree heat. Omg my friend that's brutal. I thought rh was going to be an issue but 115 WOW. Tell me you have AC and a pool.

RH is a problem indoors. No room to put humidifier in the tent. It is outside tent near intake. If I have a brain fart at let it get empty the the RH in the tent drops fast but I have managed to keep it in limits

I gest at ny own expense, I'm a big fan so don't stop on my account. I would never make lite of anyone stuck in the 115 degree heat. Omg my friend that's brutal. I thought rh was going to be an issue but 115 WOW. Tell me you have AC and a pool.
Oh yes can't survive without AC.I live in retirement community pool is about 100 yards away. You wanna pay my summertime power bill. In midsummer it runs almost constantly. I set indoor temp at 78° and that feels cold when it's 115° outside

Oh yes can't survive without AC.I live in retirement community pool is about 100 yards away. You wanna pay my summertime power bill. In midsummer it runs almost constantly. I set indoor temp at 78° and that feels cold when it's 115° outside
I don't even have the heat inside right now at 78. I had a pool at my old house but no ac. It was great in the heat, I miss it. But im putting up a greenhouse this year so definitely no room for a pool.

I am going to hop onboard to see how it goes. All my grows are outdoors and have been for 45+ years. New to the Auto world though and want to see how it goes outside.
It's the desert conditions that will make it difficult. It will be interesting to see hów well the plants can adapt to harsh conditions. Growing photoperiods outdoors in the desert impossible. The natural vegetation has evolved over millions of years. Cannabis cannot survive 115 degree heat. That's why I'm using autos so they will harvest before the heat becomes overwhelming

It's the desert conditions that will make it difficult. It will be interesting to see hów well the plants can adapt to harsh conditions. Growing photoperiods outdoors in the desert impossible. The natural vegetation has evolved over millions of years. Cannabis cannot survive 115 degree heat. That's why I'm using autos so they will harvest before the heat becomes overwhelming
All of mine have been gorilla grows outside due to the state I live in. But they have approved the path to legalization here for 2024. But at my age now it's almost too late. Going to try the autos to see how two grows a season will work for me. Might even be able to swing three if I time it right.

And here they are. Put outside at 1pm mountain time. Temp 65 RH 25% Forecast low 51°f. Wish me luck this may not turn out well. Tomorrows forecast 74°

IMG_20210316_133532077_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_133522648_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_133516917_HDR.jpg

And here they are. Put outside at 1pm mountain time. Temp 65 RH 25% Forecast low 51°f. Wish me luck this may not turn out well. Tomorrows forecast 74°

IMG_20210316_133532077_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_133522648_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_133516917_HDR.jpg
Got my fingers crossed the sun doesn't cookem on you.

Back
Top Bottom