Med stopped working?

BuzzyB

I have been ingesting my herb in cookies for a while now.. I use the same recipe all of the time. Suddenly it has stopped working completely, even with increased dosage.What could be happening? I use it for insomnia....usually white rhino but nothing seems to help. I have even resorted to smoking it but absolutely nothing happens....can anyone out there offer me any help? I am desperate...had about 10 hours sleep in 4 days and I feel like I am losing my mind! Please help?????
Thank you! BuzzyB :thanks:

its call strain tolerance,if you use the same strain long enough,you'll notice a decrease in effectiveness i have had it happen a couple times,try switching to a different strain,this should work, if not i dont know, perhaps your overall tolerance is up,if possible try a couple days off, see if it helps, i sure hopethis helps,i know what it is to suffer without effective meds,

Thanks for your advice! I am currently trying a different strain and it is doing absolutely nothing. Can't even get a little buzz! It's so frustrating! The stuff i am using now is horrible! Very, very HARSH and tastes AWFUL when I make edibles. They are not edible at all! I rather enjoy the taste, but this is WAY over the top! Just cannot get it down. I made no bake cookies that are inedible so thought I would try adding some ice cream and cocoa and whir it up in my food processor and make a nice shake. Normally, one cookie works great. I added 4 and NOTHING! Do you happen to know where I can find a list of strains that list what they work best for? your help is just SO appreciated! Thank you! :peace:

Try our Edibles forum and I hope you'll be able to find the answers you're looking for.

:peace:

It may have to do with the temperature you are cooking them at as well. THC has a low vaporization point around 250F and CBD around 320F so if you are baking at higher temps than that, you are loosing a lot of the "medical" usage.

You must up your fat intake if you do edibles. Put butter on your brownies. That should help. Now you said you smoked it and no good. That is puzzling.

You must up your fat intake if you do edibles. Put butter on your brownies. That should help. Now you said you smoked it and no good. That is puzzling.

I think I have solved the problem! Better herb! lol Not trying to sound flip but I needed to find the right strain. I still search and struggle a bit but I am getting things fine tuned. Whoever said figuring all this out was easy is crazy! I know.....I sound clueless and I am. But I have found (through a marijuana testing facility in Lansing, MI) that when I make medibles, I decarb ground herb in the oven at 300° for 15 minutes. I put it in a glass baking dish. It scared me at first because it turrned brown and I thought I ruined it! But, trust me, it was so much more potent! I make no bake cookies but the mixture needs to boil for one minute at a full rolling boil. I grow weary of making butter.....so I do the entire cookie process through the boiling for 1 minute. Then I add my half oz. of decarbed herb, add the peanut butter, and the oatmeal and vanilla and I have some awesome cookies! I take two of those and smoke a half of a j (my problem is that I have never smoked mj to any extent and cannot take the harshness. I know, practice, practice, practice). Someone turned me on to rice papers and it made a WORLD of difference on my ability to smoke it and let it expand. I am still working on it (smoking and rolling) but right now I am at the point that 2 cookies and a half a j will put me out for a refreshing nights sleep. I also found that I need to switch up my herb quite often. I build tolerances quickly to any med so I need variety and need it often. But things are beginning to work! My acid reflux is GONE and my thyroid has begun to heal. I am actually swinging the other way and the doc is in the process of lowering my thyroid med so hope things are on the right track. Just worn out now from too high of RX. Also fighting the effects of it, being insomnia, which is my major complaint, along with pain. I just want to get off this rollercoaster of RX and get situated. I suppose until I grow my own I am at the mercy of my caregiver. That is a matter of working out what works for me. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum so what works for him won't for me. So, a year later and a few new strains and I think I am heading forward! Thanks for all the help I get on 420! You guys rock! I'm not leaving, there is so much I can learn here and do every day! Thanks for all the great input! BuzzyB

Buzzy,
I highly (no pun attended) recommend using a vaporizer along with your edibles. Look on eBay for the Extreme Vaporizer. Best deals are there and the Extreme is made really well, including all the attachments. Smoking cannabis has super high tar content. My doctor strictly told me to vape and not to smoke. I bought the Extreme and love vaporizing! Tastes much better too! Blessings to you and stay healthy!

Thank you so much for the info on the vaporizer! I did buy one but it was very inferior and had real problems with it....just not worth the effort! Originally, I did NOT want to smoke it since I am already a smoker! I have NO issues so far from my nasty habit but don't want to risk adding MORE smoking. That's why I went to the edibles. But it takes up to 10 times more herb for the same effect, so you can imagine I am going thru a lot! 2 1/2 oz in a month is freaking my caregiver. He's an old smoker from the 60's (well, I'm old too) but he has no care to learn about the edibles or caps. So, now I have to learn how to smoke this stuff cleanly and get back on 'schedule'. I will check out the vaporizer you recommended! I do use White Cloud ecigarette for my regular smoking habit. Thank you so much for the info! I will go there now! Stay well! Thanks again!:thanks:
'
'

Buzzy,
I highly (no pun attended) recommend using a vaporizer along with your edibles. Look on eBay for the Extreme Vaporizer. Best deals are there and the Extreme is made really well, including all the attachments. Smoking cannabis has super high tar content. My doctor strictly told me to vape and not to smoke. I bought the Extreme and love vaporizing! Tastes much better too! Blessings to you and stay healthy!

If you decarb it at 300 degrees, you are way too high. You are vaporizing alot of the good stuff. Drop your heat to about 180 degrees and you'll save alot of potency.

If you decarb it at 300 degrees, you are way too high. You are vaporizing alot of the good stuff. Drop your heat to about 180 degrees and you'll save alot of potency.

Hi Mutt! Thanks for the info! I have had several suggestions as to the decarb method. They are all over the map! I've tried different temps, using oil, not using oil. I think that oil / butter can be used to make caps but not necessary. If you decarb it properly, you can just dump the entire thing (w/o making budder) into my cookie batter. I will try your method, most certainly. I will also post as to which was more potent, the 180° or 300°. How long to you decarb at 180° and do you use grape seed oil or any other oil or additive when you decarb this way? I SO appreciate your input. I have been going thru a year of trial and error and it's getting frustrating! Every strain is different and effects me differently all the time! Just depends on what I eat and when I eat it. I have a non functioning thyroid that has totally flipped to the other side so now my insomnia is worse than before....over medicated w thyroid meds. I've lost over 60# as my thyroid is now too active. Pendulum swing. Thanks, Mutt! Look forward to hearing from you!:thanks:

Thank you so much for the info on the vaporizer! I did buy one but it was very inferior and had real problems with it....just not worth the effort! Originally, I did NOT want to smoke it since I am already a smoker! I have NO issues so far from my nasty habit but don't want to risk adding MORE smoking. That's why I went to the edibles. But it takes up to 10 times more herb for the same effect, so you can imagine I am going thru a lot! 2 1/2 oz in a month is freaking my caregiver. He's an old smoker from the 60's (well, I'm old too) but he has no care to learn about the edibles or caps. So, now I have to learn how to smoke this stuff cleanly and get back on 'schedule'. I will check out the vaporizer you recommended! I do use White Cloud ecigarette for my regular smoking habit. Thank you so much for the info! I will go there now! Stay well! Thanks again!:thanks:I
'
'

Took your advice and checked Ebay for the Extreme Vaporizer. There were so many out there I didn't have a clue on what I am looking for! What model do you use and why? I think if I can find a good vaper that my smoking issues will cease. I already smoke, but have not had any issues so far, after smoking for over 50 years. My lun'gto get awaDy from the crud that I am inhaling. I try to incorporate my e cigarette as much as possible for my regular smoking. I see they have a version of an e cigarette for smoking herb? Have you or anyone you know tried these? I am so uneducated....sorry....not an idiot, just new to all of THIS! Help from 420 friends has been a tremendous help! Hope you guys don't give up on me before I 'get there' with proper meds, proper usage and dosage. Now I wish I had started all this in the 60's rather than when I am IN my 60's! With all of this breaking loose finally, with legalization and decriminalization, maybe there is some hope for us, but there certainly is no way to be educated about it other than thru sites like these and then having to sort it all out.....oh boy! Thanks! BuzzyB :peace:

I only use my pain cream now, cause I have ruined my lungs with smoking cigarettes, I just realised I forgot to say how it works for sleeping, just massage into the softest skin on your body, usually tummy, between thighs or underarms, and you will relax and sleep like a baby. Massage Cream using just 2 grams

Back
Top Bottom